Press Release 2010
Amersfoort, The Netherlands -
01 September, 2010
Yokogawa expands UTAdvanced® Controller Series-
New models include program controllers and digital indicator with alarms.
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the release of three additions to the UTAdvanced® controller series: the UP55A and UP35A program controllers and the UM33A digital indicator with alarms. Completing the UTAdvanced series, these new products give Yokogawa’s customers greater choice in configuring systems and support a wider range of applications.
Indicating controllers are instruments that measure and display temperature, pressure, flow rate, and other types of data, and also display data on equipment operation. They are mounted on and control the operation of relatively small-scale stand-alone devices like industrial furnaces and semiconductor manufacturing machines.
The UTAdvanced controllers were first developed and introduced by Yokogawa in 2009, and have been primarily used in applications that involve the control of fixed values within preset targets. In response to the rising need for such controllers in other types of applications, Yokogawa has developed three new products. The UP55A and UP35A program controllers carry out programmed pattern control (control over time according to a preset pattern), and the UM33A digital indicator outputs an alarm when an input signal reaches a preset value.
1. UP55A and UP35A program controllers
• Support of the PROFIBUS-DP and CC-Link industrial communication protocols has been added. This allows these controllers to be connected with a wider range of PLCs, which are often mounted on other devices, and gives customers the flexibility to build an optimal multivendor system.
• In response to the needs of customers who wish to program patterns at a PLC, the processing of program data from PLCs has been speeded up.
2. UM33A digital indicator with alarms
• This digital indicator now has eight alarm outputs and eight screen display points, twice the number of the previous model.
• A dedicated program eases the task of entering alarm values and other information, eliminating the need to input them using the keys on the front panel of each device.
UTAdvanced digital indicating controllers come standard with a sequence control function based on the ladder logic programming language, which is widely used by engineers. This product series improves design efficiency and reduces costs by eliminating the need for relays and other types of peripheral devices, and has enjoyed great success in the market. These controllers can be used to build systems that rely on various industrial communication protocols such as PROFIBUS-DP and CC-Link.These standard communication protocols are widely used with field devices; PROFIBUS DP and CC-Link are registered trademarks of the PROFIBUS User Organisation and the CC-Link Partner Association, respectively.
Main target markets
Key target markets are production-line operations in industries such as electrical equipment, machinery, chemicals, foods, semiconductors, and automobiles; and companies that design, build, and maintain air conditioning, power, and other types of in-plant facilities
Include the measurement, display, and control of temperature, pressure, and flow rate in research and development facilities and manufacturing operations, including heat treatment, washing and sterilising.