- Products & Solutions:
- Industrial Automation and Control Business:
- Yokogawa Participates in ARC Forum 2009:
- Yokogawa Participates in ONS 2008:
- Yokogawa User Conference in Spain:
- IA Event Report:
- Yokogawa Participates in ARC Forum:
- CIMA FIA2007 FOUNDATION Fieldbus™ Exhibition in China:
- Yokogawa Participates in the FDT Roadshow:
- Yokogawa Participates in GASTECH 2008:
- Yokogawa Participates in HANNOVER MESSE:
- Yokogawa Participates in LNG15:
- Yokogawa Participates in ISA Expo 2007:
- Yokogawa Participates in World Batch Forum 2007:
- Yokogawa America Hosts Technology Innovations Fair:
- Yokogawa Europe Hosts Third User Conference:
- Technology Innovations Fair in Saudi Arabia:
- First Yokogawa Technology Innovations Fair in Singapore:
- Yokogawa Corporation of America Technology Fair & Users Conference a Success:
- Yokogawa Participates in Forum 2011>
- Yokogawa Participates in ARC Forum 2009
Yokogawa Participates in ARC Forum 2009
Under the theme of “Winning Strategies and Best Practices for Sustainable Manufacturing,” Yokogawa's press conference and showcase table at the exhibition featured highlights of the intelligent remote terminal unit (RTU), the tunable diode laser (TDL) analyzer, and the new Real-time Production Organizer (RPO). At the showcase table, the TDL helped to attract customers such as ExxonMobil, Boeing, Hatch, and General Motors.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Yokogawa has participated in the forum as a Gold Sponsor. In 2005, Isao Uchida announced Yokogawa's intention to be the global No. 1 by 2010. This began a fast-paced growth for Yokogawa Corporation of America and is felt to be the starting point for improved awareness of Yokogawa in North America. Yokogawa Corporation of America's business has been growing steadily – expanding in market share and striking fear in the eyes of our competitors. Many important Yokogawa IA marketing campaigns such as VigilantPlant®, Safety Excellence, Asset Excellence, and Production Excellence have been launched at this forum.
Yokogawa and the forum's general session
The ARC Forum's general session
The ARC Forum's general session concluded with a very interesting CEO Q&A roundtable discussion. During this session, Dennis Sadlowski of Siemens, Mr. Kaihori, Christopher Curtis of Schneider Electric, Angel Mendez of Cisco Systems, and Franz-Josef Kersting of BASF each took turns answering a variety of end user questions from the audience pertaining to environmental and business sustainability.
The questions asked included:
- What technology do you see in the next 5-10 years?
- What is your customer telling you and what are you doing in the next 6-12 months?
- How do you reduce system maintenance costs?
- Will there be any IT investment in automation?
- How do you train/motivate people?
Yokogawa-sponsored customer dinners
Dr. J.D. Tate
On February 2, Mr. Kaihori, Mr. Kurosu, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Gaas, and Mr. Knittel joined Dr. J.D. Tate of Dow Chemical at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant to discuss the TDL and Yokogawa's future relationship with Dow.
Dr. Tate leads technology development in the Process Analytical R&D Group at Dow, where he has oversight responsibilities for identifying gaps and opportunities for online measurement and control. Before joining Dow, he worked as a scientist at Sparta, Inc., leading research efforts involving optical biosensors for commercial and defense applications. Dr. Tate is recognized as an expert in online spectrometry, installing hundreds of analyzers used to monitor important industrial processes.
Yokogawa's second dinner, the Yokogawa President's Dinner, took place on February 3 at Arthur's 27, a restaurant atop the Wyndham Hotel. Here, ExxonMobil, Savannah River, Nova Chemical, and Valero met with Yokogawa's leadership team to discuss present and future relationships. For Yokogawa, this President's dinner is one of the best customer events at ARC. This year's VIP guests included Sandy Vasser, Michael Sarli, Craig Schiro, Thomas Alloway, Stephen Russell, Jin Guram, Dale Nicosia, and Gary Youll.
Yokogawa announces the RPO™