Test Engineers will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology. A motivated & experienced software tester with a keen eye for quality & an urge for learning. An ability to think logically & out-of-the box with Strong interpersonal & communication skills. The individual should also be able to work independently and with teams.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use casesAnalyse, design, develop and maintain products
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Develop automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles.
- Execute and analysis automation test results..
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Design testing procedures. Document test results and develop client presentation.
- Experience in preparing & executing test plans & strategies for Integration Test, Systems Test, Regression Test, Compatibility test, Smoke test/Load tests, Performance tests etc.
- Experience in writing & executing manual test cases & automated test scripts for software products & applications.
- Experience in testing for functional & non-functional software requirements from various viewpoints to ensure maximum coverage.
- Creating & tracking test reports & progress reports
- Clear understanding of SDLC & testing cycles, RUP.
- Experience in Engineering of Distributed Control Systems or other Process Automation Software (Prior Exp with Yokogawa systems will be a definite plus)
- Knowledge of traceability matrices, viewpoints & other techniques.
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques, usage of process tools (including but not limited to MS Excel), ISO / CMMI.
- Prior Experience as Project SQA.
- CSQA,ITIL, 6 Sigma Certification a definite plus.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Tech /Electrical /Electronics /Instrumentation /Chemical Engineering