2012 Press Releases-20
Tokyo, Japan - August 29, 2012
Yokogawa Wins Control System Order from Korean Plant Manufacturer for Coal-fired Power Plant in Vietnam
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa Electric Korea Co., Ltd., has won an order from Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd. in South Korea to supply control systems for the Mong Duong 2 coal-fired power plant, which is being constructed in Quang Ninh Province in Vietnam.
The Mong Duong 2 coal-fired power plant, one of the largest power plants in Vietnam with a total output of 1,200 MW (two 600 MW units), is being constructed by AES-VCM Mong Duong Power Company Limited*, and its first unit is scheduled to start operation in August 2014. This order includes the CENTUM® VP integrated production control system for the power plant's boilers, turbines, and auxiliary facilities, and the ProSafe®-RS safety instrumented system for safely shutting down the plant if any abnormal conditions occur. The systems for the first and second units are scheduled to be delivered in January and July 2013, respectively. Yokogawa was able to win this order because of the high reliability of its control systems, Yokogawa Electric Korea's excellent engineering capabilities and Yokogawa's solid track record in the Vietnamese power plant sector.
In recent years, Korean EPC contractors have been aggressively targeting the electric power market, particularly in emerging countries. In 2008, Yokogawa Electric Korea established a power plant department that focuses on the power sector, and has been steadily building sales in this market. By expanding its sales in South Korea and accelerating its power plant control business mainly in emerging countries, Yokogawa will grow its power business, which is one of the strategic areas that we are targeting under the Evolution 2015 mid-term business plan.
- * A joint venture formed by AES Corporation (USA), Posco Power (South Korea), and China Investment Corporation (China)
Yokogawa's global network of 90 companies spans 55 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$4 billion company conducts cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is engaged in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit the website www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in August of 2012
- August 29, 2012Yokogawa Wins Control System Order from Korean Plant Manufacturer for Coal-fired Power Plant in Vietnam
- August 15, 2012Yokogawa Concludes Exclusive Agreement with Olympus America, Inc. for Sale of CellVoyager CV1000 All-in-one Confocal Microscopy System in North America
- Strengthening North American sales by capitalizing on Olympus' extensive sales network –
- August 15, 2012Yokogawa Releases ROTAMASS LR - the world´s smallest dual bent tube Coriolis mass flowmeter
- August 8, 2012Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of ADMAG AXR Series Two-wire Magnetic Flowmeters
- Aiming for the top share of the global magnetic flowmeter market -