Green Procurement Surveys
The Yokogawa Group conducts regular surveys of the chemical substances in currently registered parts and materials. Surveys are also conducted when an existing part or material is changed or discontinued, or when an entirely new part or materials item is adopted.
As part of these surveys, we contact the suppliers of the parts and materials.
The green procurement of parts and materials by the Yokogawa Group is done in accordance with the Yokogawa Green Procurement Guidelines. These guidelines were fully revised in June 2012 to comply with REACH and other environmental regulations.
Chemical Substance Management
Provision of information on substances of very high concern （SVHC） and compliance with substance restrictions
For parts and mateirals containing any of the 6 substances whose use has been restricted under the RoHS directive,
the concentration of the substances must be no more than the maximum permitted threshold value.
Other product-related regulations
Chemical substance survey methodology
Information on chemical substances must be provided in JAMP format (latest version).
- Target substances: Items on the Yokogawa Group's Chemical Substances Control List and JAMP-specified substances
- Format: JAMP-AIS (xml）
- These surveys started in July 2012.
Requirements for suppliers
- Establish a chemical substance management system.
- If requested by Yokogawa, provide information on chemical substances in the JAMP AIS format.
In addition to the above JAMP AIS survey, a "Non-use guarantee of RoHS substances and other prohibited substances" document is required when a new part or material item is used, or when the regulations are updated.
The original guarantee documents must be sent by mail.
- [Non-use Guarantee of RoHS substances and other prohibited substances]
- Submit whatever guarantee documents are requested by Yokogawa.
- [Environmental Conservation Survey Document]