The client wanted to monitor the pressure of the gas well at offshore platform remotely to reduce maintenance cost and increase safety of maintenance personnel.
The client can monitor the pressure remotely and eliminate the visit to the platforms for monitoring the pressure.
- Maintenance cost will be reduced
- Safety of maintenance personnel will be enhanced.
- Productivity will be increased by early detection of pressure change.
Long range wireless communication without repeaters.
- Impossible to place repeater between offshore platforms.
- Needs to deal with height pattern variance caused by tidal level change.
To monitor pressure of nine wells with Yokogawa plant-wide field wireless system consists of YFGW410 and YFGW510 using star topology network.
- Omni-directional high gain antenna is used to get long communication range.
- Battery operated pressure transmitters are used. No need for electric power source at well platform.
- Two access points are installed at different height to prevent for height pattern variance.
EJX530B (Wireless Pressure Transmitter) x 9
YFGW510 (Field Wireless Access Point) x 2
YFGW410 (Field Wireless Management Station) x 2
- Eliminating the visit to the platforms reduced operation cost drastically.
- Safety of personnel was enhanced due to no need for travel over the seas.
- Productivity enhancement is expected due to early pressure change detection.
The long range communication capability of Yokogawa's plant-wide field wireless system enables this offshore application.
Currently Yokogawa is working with customer to apply similar systems to up to hundreds of offshore wells.
Illustration: Height Pattern at Offshore
|EJX series Wireless
Height pattern is relationship between signal strength and height of antenna. This pattern is generated by interaction between radio waves arrive via different paths. Major factor of height pattern at offshore are radio waves reflected on sea surface and through direct path.
Usually height pattern at offshore periodically changes because relative height of antenna from sea surface varies associated with tidal level.
Oil & Gas
Yokogawa has a wealth of experience in every part of the oil and gas business, from offshore and onshore facilities to pipelines, terminals, and deepwater operations. We provide solutions that enhance safety, ensure accurate and reliable operation, and increase plant efficiency.
The upstream industry includes offshore and onshore activities including wellhead automation, fractionation, completion, and separation to recover and prepare underground or underwater crude oil and natural gas.
As petroleum is brought to the surface, it must be separated prior to transport. Primary and secondary separation stages commonly distribute gas flow, water flow, and oil flow in three phase separation. Gas movement requires pipeline and can include a fractionation process in the upstream stage prior to movement. Liquids can be placed into a tanks or pipelines and sent for processing, requiring accurate level measurements.
Related Products & Solutions
EJX530B Wireless In-Line Mount Gauge Pressure Transmitter
The high performance wireless absolute and gauge pressure transmitters EJX510B and EJX530B feature single crystal silicon resonant sensor and are suitable to measure liquid, gas, or steam pressure.
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station has system manager/security manager/gateway function based on ISA100.11a, and combining this with Field Wireless Access Point(YFGW510) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter(YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW510 Field Wireless Access Point
YFGW510 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Point
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
- Flexible wireless solutions
- Enables less investment in infrastructure
- Provides greater insights into plant operations
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.