- Easy Setup: Field Wireless
- Cut back on troublesome wiring, reducing setup costs.
- Traditional wired connections can easily be switched to a wireless solution.
- ISA100.11a International Wireless Communication Standard2
- Advanced encryption maintains communication security.
- Multi-vendor communication supports transmitters from a variety of manufacturers.
- Reliable, Fast, 8-ch Multipoint Measurements
- 8 ch universal input: Perfect for multipoint measurement applications.
- High performance measurements with intervals as fast as 1 sec (3 ch), or 2 sec (8 ch).
- Superb environmental tolerance:
Operating temperature of -40 to 85°C
(-40 to 185°F)3;
Protection level of IP66/IP67 & NEMA 4X.
- Explosion protection
- FM, CSA: Intrinsically safe Approval, non-incendive (Class I) Approval
- ATEX, IECEx: Intrinsically safe Approval
- TIIS: Intrinsically safe Approval
- Easy Battery Maintenance
- Typical battery life is 6 years (measuring at 60 seconds intervals).
- Battery packs can be swapped even in hazardous areas.
- Supporting Plant Wide Field Wireless
- Full Redundancy(Duplicate, Duocast)
- Remote Antenna + Extension cable
- Does not support explosion proof standards for 4 to 20 mA DC signal input.
- Industrial wireless communication standard from the International Society of Automation (ISA).
- TIIS: –20 to 60°C
FM, CSA, ATEX, IECEx: –50 to 70°C
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business and stands for excellence in the related technology and solutions. It consists of categories and families under each category. This product belongs to the OpreX Field Instruments family that is aligned under the OpreX Measurement category.
|Wireless specifications||Communication protocol||ISA100.11a protocol|
|Frequency||2400 - 2483.5 MHz license free ISM band|
|Data rate||250 kbps|
|RF Transmitter power||Max. 11.6 dBm (fixed)|
|Radio security||AES 128 bit codified|
|Antenna||+2 dBi Omni directional type|
|Standard specifications||Accuracy||Please refer to GS 04R01B01-01EN.|
|Battery life||Generally 6 years under the following conditions1: update time 60 sec, device role I/O functions only, ambient temperature 23°C ±2°C, LED indicator off|
|Functional specifications||Input channels||8 points|
|Input signal||Thermocouples: B,E,J,K,N,R,S,T (IEC584)
RTD: Pt100,Pt200,Pt500 (IEC751) 2-,3-, and 4-wire
DCV2: mV (-10 to 100 mV), V (-0.01 to 1 V)
Ohm: Resistance 2-,3-, and 4-wire (0 to 2000 Ω)
Current2: mA (4 to 20 mA, with external shunt resistors)
|Update period||1 sec to 60 min selectable (up to 2 seconds with 4 ch or more)|
|Power supply||Lithium thionyl chloride (size Dx2) battery|
|Enclosure||IP66/IP67, NEMA Type 4X|
|Operating ambient temperature||-40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)|
|Certification/Conformity||Explosion protect||FM,CSA,ATEX,IECEx,TIIS: Intrinsically safe
FM,CSA: Nonincendive approval
|EMC||EN61326-1 Class A Table 2 (For use in industrial locations), EN61326-2-3, EN 301 489-1, EN 301 489-17|
|Regulation Conformity of the Wireless Module||• FCC Approval
• IC Approval
• Japanese Radio Law
|R&TTE Conformity Standards||ETSI EN 300 328, ETSI EN 301 489-1,ETSI EN 301 489-17, EN60950-1, EN62311|
|Safety Standards||EN61010-1, EN61010-2-030
CSA C22.2 No.61010-1-12, CSA C22.2 No.61010-2-030-12
UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-030 (CSA NRTL/C)
- Actual battery life will vary depending on operating temperatures, vibration, and other environmental factors.
- Does not support explosion proof standards.
System Configuration Example
Wireless temperature measurement solution makes modernizing operations and maintenance of delayed coker unit affordable.
Direct Reduction Iron (DRI) is one of the processes to reduce oxygen from iron oxide pellets for steel plant. More than 90% of DRI processes use heated LNG as process gas where PID control for temperature or interlock control is of vital importance.
One important risk to manage with regard to coal stacks is preventing fires due to spontaneous combustion.
A battery room is used to storage batteries for emergency power management in the plant. Each substation has battery room and the storage batteries are lead-acid batteries which must be maintained within specified operating temperature limits. Temperature management is important to ensure a long service life of the batteries especially for the plant in desert climates.
An induction furnace melts metal by creating very large currents in the material. These currents are induced using three electrodes positioned inside the furnace. The furnace is automated so that once the material has been melted, the electrodes are removed and the furnace then tips the molten metal into a crucible where it can be easily transferred to the production line where it will be cast into ingots. The atmosphere is extremely aggressive and the wired infrastructure is both expensive and very unreliable to maintain. The furnace control requires a total of 20 measurement points distributed around and inside the furnace. The harmonic field effects caused by short circuit 40,000 A (300V). The causes significant interference.
Customer needed efficiency improvement of steel manufacturing by temperature monitoring for heat/cooling equipment. Previous system required periodic compensation lead changing.
Since 2010, Yokogawa has been providing wireless products conforming to the ISA100.11a wireless communication standard for industrial automation (IA). As a new addition to the lineup, Yokogawa has developed the YTMX580 multi-input temperature transmitter. Like the YTA510 temperature transmitter, YTMX580 is driven by batteries, but the number of its inputs has been increased from two to eight.
Wiring temperature sensors installed in a chimney back to a control room can be challenging and expensive, so many plants and facilities are instead implementing wireless solutions, such as this Yokogawa YTMX580 8-input temperature transmitter.
A distinguished panel comprising of CEOs, CIOs, CTOs and analysts, including CIO Review editorial board, has selected Yokogawa as one of the top companies that are at the forefront of tackling challenges in the wireless markets in the U.S.
- Fieldbus Device Description (DD) and Capabilities File (CF) (354 KB)
- Fieldbus Device Description (DD) and Capabilities File (CF)
- Field Wireless Device Restart Tool
- Field Wireless Device Restart Tool (Instruction Manual) (1.3 MB)
- YTMX580 Device Description (DD) and Capabilities File (CF) (50 KB)
- YTMX580 Device Description (DD) and Capabilities File (CF) for 3rd party GW (50 KB)
- Yokogawa DTM ISA100
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us