Buffer solutions are needed as an indispensable tool for maintaining an accurate pH measurement. Buffer solutions are used as references points for calibration and adjustment of pH measurements to compensate for aging and deterioration.
For control of batch neutralization, a pH measurement coupled with a timer-controlled chemical feed scheme provides very satisfactory results.
This system can be adapted for either acid waste or alkaline waste neutralization.
There are a number of suppliers of oil and fat products used for edible purposes. These products include, but are not limited to olive oil, peanut oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, lard, shortening, butter, and margarine. The raw materials for these products include animal by-products, fleshy fruits (palm and olive), and oilseeds.
Industry:Food and Beverage
The term "cooling tower" is used to describe both direct (open circuit) and indirect (closed circuit) heat rejection equipment. Cooling towers are heat-transfer units, used to remove heat from any water-cooled system. The cooled water is then re-circulated (and thus, recycled) back into the system. Since the process water is re-circulated, the mineral concentration increases as a result of the evaporation. (AN10B01B20-01E)
Industry:Refining, Food and Beverage, Power, Oil and Gas, Pulp and Paper, Chemical
One of the primary applications for high purity water is for boiler feed water. The measurement of pure water pH can be one of the quickest indicators of process contamination in the production or distribution of pure water. Effective chemical treatment of the feed water is vital in maintaining the useful operating life and minimizing maintenance costs of the boiler.
Industry:Power, Pharmaceutical, Common
Process liquid analyzers such as pH meters, conductivity meters, ORP meters, and density meters play an important role at electrolysis plants in the control of concentrations of various process solutions. This requires both precision and stability under harsh conditions that include highly corrosive substances, high temperatures, and many impurities.
Most zinc are produced at hydrometallurgically, where a high-grade zinc product can be obtained and valuable metals mixed in the raw material can be recovered. In the hydrometallurgy, the raw material of zinc concentrate is roasted and then dissolved in sulfuric acid to remove impurities. The process called leaching and pH control of the leachate is important.
In flue gas desulfurization systems that use magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH)2) slurry, the consumption of the desulfurization agent (Mg(OH)2) is controlled by using online pH analyzers. A great concern in the pH measurement is heavy staining of the pH electrodes by the Mg(OH)2 slurry. To ensure accurate measurement, frequent cleaning of the electrodes with an acid is required, adding to both maintenance workload and cost.
The treatment of wastewater from pulp and paper plants is a serious environmental concern. Yokogawa's submersion holder with an ultrasonic+air-jet cleaner (customized product) can reduce the manual cleaning frequency to just once every one or two months.
Industry:Pulp & Paper
Continuous technology improvement is ongoing in the pulp & paper industry to obtain the best possible performance. Problems at the wet end (stock preparation) can rarely be corrected downstream. That is why monitoring and controlling pH in pulp stock is critical to the paper making process. Essentially, at every stage in the manufacture of paper, correct pH values play a vital role.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a separation process that uses pressure to force a solution through a membrane that retains the solute on one side and allows the pure solvent to pass to the other side. More formally, it is the process of forcing a solvent from a region of high solute concentration through a membrane to a region of low solute concentration by applying a pressure in excess of the osmotic pressure.
Continuous technology improvement is ongoing in the pulp & paper industry to obtain the best possible performance. The improved plant performance translates to the higher quality improvement and lower cost, and simultaneously environmental friendly plant operation.
Wastewater from electroplating facilities and certain types of chemical plants contains toxic forms of hexavalent chromium such as chromate and dichromate. The hexavalent chromium in this wastewater must be reduced before the water can be discharged. This requires a two-step process: hexavalent chromium (CR6) is reduced to trivalent chromium (CR3); and CR3 is precipitated as chromium hydroxide.
Industry:Electrical and Electronics
Sour Water is the wastewater that is produced from atmospheric and vacuum crude columns at refineries. Hydrogen sulfide and ammonia are typical components in sour water that need to be removed before the water can be reused elsewhere in the plant. Removal of these components is done by sending the sour water from the process to a stripping tower where heat, in the form of steam, is applied.
Power plant boiler houses designed to burn coal or high sulfur oil are required by Federal and State pollution regulations to "scrub" (remove) sulfur dioxide from flue gasses to meet emission limits. SO2 in flue gasses is known to be harmful to the environment, as it is one contributor to the formation of acid rain. pH control is critical for the proper functioning of the scrubber system.
Wastes have been considered to be a serious worldwide environmental problem in recent years. Because of increasing pollution, these wastes should be treated. However, industrial wastes can contain a number of valuable organic components. Recovery of these components is important economically. Using conventional distillation techniques, the separation of acetic acid and water is both impractical and uneconomical, because it often requires large number of trays and a high reflux ratio. In practice special techniques are used depending on the concentration of acetic acid.
ORP (Oxidation-Reduction Potential) is the measurement, in millivolts, of a solution's capacity for electron transfer (oxidation or reduction). ORP measurement may also be called REDOX for REDuction OXidation. The name reflects that fact that within a chemical reaction reduction and oxidation are complementary; one cannot occur without the other.
To facilitate the accurate measurement of pH, and its presentation as a scale, a range of "standard liquids" or "buffer solutions" are used. These liquids, whose constituents are accurately defined, have known stable values. Although in the preceding text the relationship to hydrogen ions has been made, research has shown, that the activity of hydroxonium ions (H30+) is more relevant.
- Process Analyzers Analytical Instruments and Systems Overview
- Liquid Analyzer Sensors and Fittings (5.9 MB)
- 模块化两线制液体分析仪FLXA21 (10.3 MB)
- PH71/PH72/SC72 Personal pH, pH/ORP, Conductivity Meters (1.7 MB)
- FLXA402 4-Wire Liquid Analyzer, SA11 SENCOM Smart Adapter (2.9 MB)
- Electrolyzer Solution Instruments and Solution for Ion-Membrane Electrolyzer Plant Application (3.4 MB)
- Yokogawa in the water industry (17.1 MB)
- SM21 pH Measuring Electrodes (518 KB)
- Model FF20 Flow fittings Model FS20 Subassembly flow fittings (1.1 MB)
- PUS400G Ultrasonic Oscillator (1.3 MB)
- Model FU24F pH/ORP SENCOMR sensor (1.3 MB)
- Solid Electrolyte (Xerolyt) pH Sensor with Temperature Element (488 KB)
- PH8HH pH Holder for High Purity Water (534 KB)
- Directions for use Temp. Electrodes (149 KB)
- PH4/OR4 Sensor Series pH and ORP Sensors (823 KB)
- SPS24 SENCOM Software (1.2 MB)
- PH8ECP KCl Filling Type pH Sensor (for electrolysis plant) (566 KB)
- PH8ERP KCl Refillable type pH Sensor (747 KB)
- PH4B pH Sensor for Small Culture Tank (322 KB)
- PH8AX Accessory Set for pH Meter (583 KB)
- KCl Replenish-free ORP Sensor, OR10RP (136 KB)
- KCl Refillable ORP Sensor, OR10FP (121 KB)
- Industrial Electrodes for pH/Redox model SC21(C), SM21, SM23, SR20, SC21 (C), SM29, SC29, SM60 (2.7 MB)
- pH and ORP Sensors (1.9 MB)
- Model BA11 Active Junction Box (1.9 MB)
- Model WU11 Interconnection Cable for SENCOM sensor (762 KB)
- SENCOMR FU20F / FU24F / SC25F Digital pH/ORP-sensor (3.7 MB)
- Chemical Cleaning pH Measuring System (971 KB)
- PH4/OR4 Sensor Series pH and ORP Sensors (801 KB)
- Model EXA Series Compact pH Probes PF20, PD20 and PS20 (1.2 MB)
- FLXA402 4-Wire Converter (1.5 MB)
- Sensor Holders (3.2 MB)
- EXAtrac Series Retractable Holder (1.0 MB)
- K1220QT / Electrolyte for individual and combined pH and ORP sensors
- K1520BK / Buffer solution NA pH9.00 (230 KB)
- K1520BG / Buffer solution NA pH2.00 (171 KB)
- K1520BH / Buffer solution NA pH4.00 (150 KB)
- K1520BJ / Buffer solution Na pH7,00 (151 KB)
- K1520BE / Buffer solution pH9.18 (150 KB)
- K1520BD / Buffer solution pH6,87 (151 KB)
- K1520BC / Buffer solution pH4,01 (152 KB)
- K1520BB / Buffer solution pH1,68 (156 KB)
- K9220XE / K9084KG / K9084LM - pH7 Standard solution (181 KB)
- K9020XU / K9146CA / K9142UT - KCl powder (458 KB)
- K9020XA / Powder for buffer solution (pH4) (280 KB)
- K9220XD / K9084KF / K9084LL - pH4 Standard solution (180 KB)
- K9020XB / Powder for buffer solution (pH7) (281 KB)
- K9020XC / Powder for ph9 standard solution (251 KB)
- K9084KH, K9084LN / pH9 standard solution (189 KB)
- K9024ED / Reagent for ammonium iron sulfate solution (597 KB)
- K9220XH/ K9084KQ/ K9084KS/ K9084LP / 3.3M KCl solution (182 KB)