Service maintenance for EU RoHS products
Industrial monitoring and control instruments will be subject to the EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU) after July 22, 2017.
Yokogawa Electric Group companies will provide industrial monitoring and control instruments conforming to the RoHS Directive that are to be placed on the market with CE marking. Accordingly, Yokogawa Electric Group companies have already started selling the products complying with this directive, and are expanding the RoHS compliant products as appropriate.
At the same time, regarding service maintenance by Yokogawa Electric Group companies, in principle, we are going to use RoHS compliant service parts for the RoHS compliant products. Specifically, we will handle this in the following ways.
- Regarding the parts/products which are used/exchanged for local services (maintenance on site, inspection and maintenance, etc.), we will use RoHS compliant parts/products for the RoHS compliant products.
- We will manage and lend alternative products, separated into RoHS compliant products and non-RoHS compliant products.
- If we have to deal with anything other than the items mentioned above for local service and lending of alternatives, we will do so after obtaining approval based on prior consultation with the customer
- Regarding factory rework, separate lines will be used to repair the RoHS compliant products and the non-RoHS compliant products.
Additionally, if non-RoHS compliant maintenance parts (including those owned by customers) are used for the maintenance of RoHS compliant products in the future, please note that RoHS product conformity will be lost.
Moreover, you can identify RoHS conformity on the CE marking affixed to the products by serial number, manufacturing date, or others. For instructions, see the product's users' manuals or general specification sheets. If there are any questions about the above, please contact salespersons or servicepersons.
Overview of the EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)
- Enforcement date (Category 9 = Monitoring and control instruments)
General monitoring and control instruments (already enforced): July 22, 2014
(Example of Yokogawa products: Measuring instruments, recorders, PLC, etc.(Note 1.))
Industrial monitoring and control instruments: July 22, 2017 (Example of Yokogawa products: Distributed control systems, safety instrumented systems, flow-meters, transmitters, analytical products, etc.(Note 1.))
(Note 1.)except some products to be applied exclusion, etc.
Electric and electronic equipment to be placed on the EU market should not contain hazardous substances specified in 2011/65 / EU Annex II beyond the permissible value.