Click here to learn about Workflow Management (RPO – Workflow Composer)
Key areas for Operational Excellence Transformation
Operational Excellence Transformation is Yokogawa and KBC’s co-innovated portfolio of solutions and services.We provides comprehensive solutions for business automation in all four areas using consulting and digital technology.
Operational Risk Management
Yokogawa's Operational Risk Management deals with managing safety, health and environmental risks on both individual and process levels in a reliable and risk-free manner. It involves the end-to-end process of designing, visualizing and orchestrating plant production and business systems.
Key Operational Competencies in Operational Risk Management
- Process Safety Management: Maintain License to Operate, preserve Business Reputation, and create value by utilizing and adhering to operating integrity processes to prevent loss of containment or catastrophic loss
- Personal Safety Management: Protect human assets by providing safe practices to improve behaviour and culture
- Environmental Management: Provide processes to protect the environment through operating integrity, and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and/or internal requirements
- Community Relations: Define and establish processes and protocols to communicate and implement emergency response plans, and enhance interactions in the community
- HSSE Reporting and Compliance: Assure visibility and achievement of HSSE goals and compliance requirements, by monitoring, learning and improving continuously through processes, initiatives and KPIs
- Plant Protocols and Security: Provide processes and strategies to protect assets and infrastructure from threats, and control access to vulnerable processes and equipment
By combining Yokogawa’s product portfolio and KBC’s consulting services, we provide our customers best practices and domain knowledge that empower them to improve their operations, as well as a digital platform that supports such activities and initiatives. Our Operational Risk Management scope does not only cover partial improvements in the organization, but also optimizations in plant operations to achieve continuously improving safety, reliability and operability.
·Supply Chain Optimization
- Optimize management of supply, whether oil in the ground or feedstocks for a refinery or chemical asset, in light of product market demands. This provides operators with the agility to take full advantage of market conditions.
·Asset Operations and Optimization
- Optimize the potential of physical assets, by pushing throughput and maximizing the production of the highest value products, whilst minimizing variable costs such as energy.
- Deliver small and large capex projects, on time and on budget, to deliver growth and meet environmental requirements.
·Asset Management and Integrity
- Confidently ensure asset reliability and availability, whilst controlling maintenance costs. This assures the asset always meets expectations and is always available to capitalize on short term market opportunities.
Workflow Management (RPO – Workflow Composer)
Workflow Composer VP provides powerful flowchart based graphical tools for defining and executing business processes. This provides a structured and integrated approach to coordinating business and operational functions between people, Yokogawa applications and third party applications.
Workflow Composer VP is part of the Yokogawa Real-time Production Organizer (RPO), a suite of MES platform packages.
- Effective integration of business processes with production workflows
- Improved organization & production planning using standard Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) to define business-to-production functions and processes
- The ‘automation’ of Business Processes leads to smoother and consistent execution of business process along with reduced manual intervention, thus leading to instantaneous responses from the Business Process and reduced manpower requirements
- The ability to implement complex functions with a limited knowledge of programming, due to the graphical nature of the Implementation. Objects (such as sending an email, fault handling and issuing a task to an RPO User) are all standard features.
- Computer and human processes are combined in the business process
- Facilitating the design and clear definition of business and operational workflows
- Significant reduction of planning time
- Continuous improvement of Business processes and workflows
- Proven significant manpower and cost savings through more efficient business & production agility.
Features & Functionality
- Business Process Design: Design Business Process Diagrams using the rich graphical palette of BPMN standard notation objects, Workflow Composer VP Builder supports the following two view levels into the business process definition:
- Business Process Diagrams (BPD) are defined by business designers
- Implementation Sequential Flows are defined by system engineers: Configuration of Business process instances, Workflow Variables and Task Performers, Implementation Objects include Email, Fault Handling, Human Task, etc. Page Flow to guide procedural operations is supported, a main server can connect to sub servers and dispatch business processes to them, that is, business processes are consolidated into a main server.
- Business Process Execution: Event driven business process execution triggered by data exchange with external applications or other RPO modules, System integration through Web Services and RPO Event Broker, Transaction & Compensation functionality to handle incomplete execution of business processes.
- Business Process Monitoring: The Monitoring Console provides status information regarding all running business processes in real time, Suspend, resume and terminate active business processes, Runtime executor and coordinator services track and manage business process instance progress into database to view the history of completed Business Process instances.