For Yokogawa Headquarters (reporting line to YHQ and dotted line to YEFHQ) we are looking for a new colleague in the position of:
Digital Automation Consultant
Based in Amersfoort, fulltime (40 hours)
Main Aspects of Job:
Working as part of a team, assist clients in their Operational Excellence initiatives by automating their business and production processes using digital technologies. Areas of business process improvement include supply chain optimisation, asset optimisation, operational risk management and asset management.
The role requires a good understanding of the business processes associated with the hydrocarbon supply chain including upstream production, midstream transportation and processing, oil refineries and petrochemical plants. And a good understanding of the relevant digital technologies including planning and scheduling, advanced process control and optimisation, operations management systems, asset management systems and process simulation and automation.
The post holder will be required to work as part of a team both within the office and at client sites. The role will include business development activities and consulting to support the implementation of digital technologies. Extensive international travel will be required.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients to support their digital transformation and operational excellence initiatives.
- Market research to discover target clients and develop a specific value hypothesis.
- Client sales visits to diagnose the client`s requirements and identify value opportunities.
- Lead client workshops to develop the case for change and design the solution.
- Lead data collection and analysis – for example analyse operating data to quantify business automation opportunities.
- Economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR) including the use of simulation and other models to demonstrate the value opportunity.
- Design high value digital solutions.
- Develop and present high value proposals.
- Supervision of teams and client liaison to support the delivery of digital business automation solutions.
- Prepare and present reports on value opportunities, recommendations and delivered results for clients.
- Develop and manage long-term client relationships leveraging new digital business models such as cloud services and software as a service.
- Provide input to technology and solution development.
- 10+ years of experience in the industry.
- Extensive business development or consulting experience.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant subject such as Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience of hydrocarbon processing operations and economics.
- In depth knowledge of relevant digital technologies.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
- The ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
- Displaying a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and acting as an ambassador of the company.
- Being a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Being cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Proactive personal development
Interested? Please contact Karen Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org