Measurement, Control, and Information in one Digital SMART Sensor System
Yokogawa’s SENCOM SMART Sensor Platform is an innovative analyzer platform that optimizes maintenance, reduces configuration time, and simplifies in-field maintenance and calibration.
SENCOM SMART digital sensor platforms combine:
- SENCOM™ technology, which allows sensors to transmit and receive data when connected to a transmitter/analyzer or any PC
- Analyzer, which captures and stores calibration data
- SMART digital sensors to maintain specific measurement and calibration data on an integrated chip along that is an integral part of the sensor
- Data management software to optimize the performance of pH/ORP and Conductivity sensors for enhanced reliability and process safety
SENCOM SMART by the Numbers
Delivering enhanced value throughout the product lifecycle
"I want to connect a different sensor type, is that possible?"
The FLXA402 that can measure pH/ORP, Conductivity and Dissolved oxygen, and the FLXA402T that can measure Turbidity, Free Chlorine, pH and Conductivity. These platform allow for a reduction in CAPEX & OPEX.
"How do I set up my new instrument, and how long is it going to take?"
As experienced operators retire, many facilities worry about the possibility of losing operations expertise and being unable to successfully transfer skills to new operations staff. An easy to use wizard offers clear guidance for the setup and configuration. The intuitive menu structure along with easy to understand alarm settings and clear information on troubleshooting, contribute to the credibility and reliability of your online process control measurements.
"How do I know when to do maintenance or calibration?"
SENCOM™ features real-time diagnostics and sensor wellness for early detection of sensor failure and replacement pro-active maintenance.
"Is my instrument still working efficiently and providing accurate measurements?"
There is no need to worry about unplanned outages and lost production time with the maintenance manager function. The SENCOM™ platform sensors utilize the integrated "hot swap" and "plug and play" function. The SENCOM platform detectors have useful automatic maintenance functions.
SENCOM platform significantly decrease downtime, while the sensor wellness function predicts the next maintenance and sensor replacement.
"Do I need to buy a new instrument to expand its functionality?"
Changing technologies don't have to result in negative consequences putting throughput, quality, and/or compliance at risk. With the SENCOM™ platform upgrading to the next generation of SMART product is easy, and an upgrade transfer can be done at any time with little impact on operations. The SENCOM™ Platform connects to traditional analog or digital SMART sensors, allowing an easy upgrade to digital SMART sensors in the future. SENCOM™accelerates time-to-value of the new technology and provides the connection flexibility, simplicity, and efficiency to seamlessly move data and workloads on an ongoing basis.
SENCOM™ 4.0 Platform technology allows pH/ORP, resistivity/conductivity sensors to transmit and receive data when connected to FLXA402 analyzer or to any PC/tablet with Mobile Field Device Management (FieldMate) installed.
SENCOM™ 4.0 Platform technology allows pH/ORP and resistivity/conductivity to transmit and receive data when connected to FLXA202 transmitter or to any PC/tablet with Mobile Field Device Management (FieldMate) installed.
SENCOM™ 4.0 Platform technology allows a pH sensor to transmit and receive data when connected to UM33A-S analyzer or to any PC/tablet with Mobile Feild Device Managment (FieldMate) installed.
SENCOM 4.0 technology platform gives you more insight with reliable measurement by digital communication. This has been extended to Turbidity and Chorine measurement technologies.
To defray energy costs, many industrial plants have their own boilers to generate steam in order to produce a portion of their energy needs. In addition to generating power, the steam may also be used directly in plant processes or indirectly via heat exchangers or steam jacketed vessels.
There are a number of suppliers of oil and fat products used for edible purposes. These products include, but are not limited to olive oil, peanut oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, lard, shortening, butter, and margarine. The raw materials for these products include animal by-products, fleshy fruits (palm and olive), and oilseeds.
Industry:Food and Beverage
Measurement and control of Heat Exchanger Leakage can help prevent costly maintenance, repair and downtime. The simple, essentially maintenance-free measurement of condensate conductivity will give the operator information necessary (or provide automatic control) to prevent severe damage to the boiler should a breakthrough of the heat exchanger occur.
Removal of free oil and grease from a wastewater stream reduces the potential for equipment problems to occur further downstream. There are three forms of oil encountered in wastewater treatment at a refinery.
Brewery is facility to produce beer. Breweries process is the manufacturing process of beer, which is a fermented beverage with low alcohol content made from various types of grain. Wheat, maize and other grains can be used for this. Brewing process starts from malted barley that is to form a mash by milling and mixing with hot water. The malt starches are converted to sugars during this process. This sugar rich water is then strained through the bottom of the mash and will be called as "wort". Then the wort will be brought to boil by bringing to the brew kettle. For bitterness or aroma hops are to be added at different times during the boil. Then the wort is cooled and aerated. And brewers yeast is added for fermentation. From the sweet wort the yeast produces carbon dioxide, alcohol and other byproducts. The GREEN BEER undergoes maturation after fermentation. Filtaration and carbonation are the last steps. Finally the beer will be stay in holding tank until it is bottled or kegged.
Fish perform all their bodily functions in water. Because fish are totally dependent upon water to breathe, feed and grow, excrete wastes, maintain a salt balance, and reproduce, understanding the physical and chemical qualities of water is critical to successful aquaculture. To a great extent water determines the success or failure of an aquaculture operation.
- SENCOM 4.0 Platform (42.6 MB)
- SENCOM 4.0 solution for water industry Smart Turbidity & Chlorine Analyzers (3.8 MB)
- Non-reagent Type Free Available Chlorine Sensor Unit, Reagent Type Residual Chlorine Sensor Unit (2.3 MB)
- Liquid Analyzer Sensors and Fittings (5.9 MB)
- FLXA202 2-Wire Liquid Analyzer (1.6 MB)
- Process Analyzers Analytical Instruments and Systems Overview
- FLXA402 4-Wire Liquid Analyzer, SA11 SENCOM Smart Adapter (2.9 MB)
- Model BA11 Active Junction Box (2.2 MB)
- SPS24 SENCOM Software (1.2 MB)
- Precautions on the Use of the UTAdvanced Series (334 KB)
- FLXA202 / FLXA21 2-Wire Liquid Analyzer Start-up Manual (1.4 MB)
- SA11 Smart Adapter (2.2 MB)
- UM33A-S Digital Indicator with Alarms (SENCOM HMI Type) Operation Guide (5.1 MB)
- FLXA402 Setting Table (158 KB)
- Model BA11 Active Junction Box (1.9 MB)
- FLXA402 4-Wire Converter (1.5 MB)
- DO70G Sensor for Dissolved Oxygen Analyzer (697 KB)
- pH and ORP Sensors (1.9 MB)
- UM33A-S Digital Indicator with Alarms (SENCOM HMI Type) (1.1 MB)
- SA11 Smart Adapter (904 KB)
- SENCOMR FU20F / FU24F / SC25F Digital pH/ORP-sensor (3.7 MB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity SC25V (79 KB)
- Certificate IECEx FU20 FU24 SC24V SC25V (868 KB)
- EU Declaration of conformity FU24 (78 KB)
- EU Declaration of conformity PH20 (88 KB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity SC25F (79 KB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity BA11 (88 KB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity IB100 (93 KB)
- EU Declaration of conformity FU24F (76 KB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity PH21 (72 KB)
- EU Declaration of Conformity SA11 (104 KB)
- EU Declaration of conformity FU20 (106 KB)
- ATEX Certificate FU20, FU24 and SC25V
SENCOM- The Next Generation in SMART Liquid Analyzers
Yokogawa’s SENCOM SMART Sensor Platform is an innovative analyzer platform that optimizes maintenance, reduces configuration time, and simplifies in-field maintenance and calibration. Yokogawa is a recognized world leader for reliable liquid analytical equipment, providing accurate and repeatable solutions for maintaining and controlling even the most demanding process applications.
Satoru Kurosu discusses Yokogawa's 100th anniversary, key message "Co-innovating tomorrow" to deliver new value to customers, and Yokogawa's position in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us