Temperature monitoring using multipoint wireless transmitter
- Wiring the hundreds of meters from the coal stack to the coal conveyor control room is very expensive.
- The placement of thermocouples changes with differing amounts of coal, but there are limits to the range within which you can place the thermocouples.
Employ the ISA100.11a-compliant YTMX580 Multipoint Wireless Transmitter. The YTMX580 has 8 channels of universal input, which is perfect for multipoint measurement applications, and it can withstand harsh operating temperatures of -40 to 85 °C.
- Multipoint temperature transmitter: YTMX580
Connect multiple thermocouples (up to 8 inputs) for measuring temperature.
- Temperature transmitter: YTA510
For wireless relaying.
- Field Wireless Communication Module; FN110, Interface Adapter: LN90
- Data acquisition: Modular GM10
- Embedding thermocouples in the coal stack enables multipoint observations in the depths of the stack.
- Wireless transmitters provide a high degree of freedom in the installation locations of the thermocouples, and eliminate the need for cables.
- Wireless solution means no rewiring damaged cables.
- Decreases wiring costs.
In the iron and steel industry, it is crucial to improve the quality of not only products but also manufacturing and operation technologies, as well as to address environmental and energy-efficiency issues. Yokogawa helps customers to create the ideal plant and evolves with them for mutual growth.
FN110 supports 2 device role; a field wireless device and a field wireless gateway. When utilizing with “Field Wireless Multi-Protocol Module FN310” or “Field Wireless Multi-Function Module FN510”, this product is connectable with a field wireless network as a field wireless device. When utilzing with “Interface Adapter LN90”, this product acts as a field wireless gateway.
FN120 supports the role of a field wireless device.
When utilizing with “Field Wireless Multi-Protocol Module FN310” or “Field Wireless Multi-Function Module FN510”, this product is connectable with a field wireless network as a field wireless device.
SMARTDAC+TM GM10 data logger has a modular architecture that can acquire necessary data. By supporting not only I/O but also many communication protocols such as 920MHz wireless, Modbus and so on. Monitor and setting changes are available through Bluetooth. Supporting FDA 21 CFR Part11 and AMS2750E/NADCAP.
The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.
YTMX580 can accept inputs from up to 8 points of measurement such as thermocouples (8 types: K, E, J, etc.) or RTD signals (3 types: Pt100, etc.), converting the corresponding measurement input values to a wireless signal. It can also accept DC voltage, resistance, and 4 to 20 mA DC signal input.
The flexibility of wireless solutions enables less investment in infrastructure while providing greater insights into plant operations.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.