2010 Press Releases-13
Tokyo, Japan - August 23, 2010
Yokogawa Releases Real-time Production Organizer™ R1.02
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the release of the R1.02 upgrade to Real-time Production Organizer™ (RPO). RPO is a suite of manufacturing execution system (MES) platform packages that integrate the vertical production execution workflow across departments and empower decision makers to organize their work quickly and efficiently. With the R1.02 upgrade, RPO now includes Workflow Composer VP, a newly released package that supports the use of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) and is used together with enhanced versions of Production Instructor VP and Production Supervisor VP as well as third party packages to standardize and automate business processes.
Today's plant operations need to be flexible enough to deal with the challenges of changing feed materials and market demands; however, there are many barriers in business processes that impede the flow of information between plant areas, posing serious challenges to agile plant operations. These barriers arise for the following reasons:
- Poor information integrity due to insufficient MES connectivity
- Information resolution gaps that cause misalignment between enterprise resource planning (ERP) and MES
- Lack of proper tools for closing loops in business focused manufacturing.
To address these needs and achieve its vision for Production Excellence based on VigilantPlant®*1 and the CENTUM® VP*2 platform, Yokogawa developed RPO. In June 2009, Yokogawa released Production Instructor VP for task execution management and Production Supervisor VP for key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring. Now, Workflow Composer VP has been released to support system integration with the Production Instructor VP and Production Supervisor VP packages.
- Workflow Composer VP (new)
With its support of BPMN, Workflow Composer VP enables the standardization of business work processes and organizes their execution. Workflow Composer VP has the following features:
- The implementation of sequential flows can be defined using logic objects including Web services, e-mail, relational database access, and scripting.
- Interactive manual entry or confirmation can be performed using an RPO "E-form" on a Web browser.
- The monitoring console provides execution status information and debugging assistance, and enables manual interventions for the suspension, resumption, or termination of a business process.
- Production Instructor VP (enhanced)
Production Instructor VP issues template-based or manual work orders for correct and prompt execution, monitoring, and analysis to identify best practices. The enhanced features of Production Instructor VP are as follows:
- Allows the customization of task detail and shift handover report forms
- Has an extended OPC interface for process data collection
- Enables the control of sub-task execution sequences
- Supports up to 100 custom data fields
- Production Supervisor VP (enhanced)
Production Supervisor VP is used to monitor KPIs in real-time on a role-based Web dashboard. The enhanced features of Production Supervisor VP are as follows:
- Includes general grid, rich trend, and period comparison chart Web components
- Supports the use of a generic relational database adaptor and a Web service interface
- Enables dynamic changes to KPI limits from an external system
Major Target Markets and Applications
Plant production and operation management in industries such as refining, petrochemicals, and chemicals
- *1 VigilantPlant® is Yokogawa's automation concept for safe, reliable, and profitable plant operations. It aims to enable an ongoing state of Operational Excellence where plant personnel are watchful and attentive, well-informed, and ready to take actions that optimize plant and business performance. This initiative eliminates unplanned downtime, improves asset utilization, and allows businesses to adapt to shifting market conditions quickly and efficiently. Based on this concept, Yokogawa launched Safety Excellence solutions in 2005, Asset Excellence solutions in 2006, and Production Excellence solutions in 2007.
- *2 CENTUM® VP is Yokogawa's newest integrated production control system, launched in 2008. This takes the VigilantPlant initiative to its next evolutionary step, integrating the three excellence solutions into one Operational Excellence platform.
For more information
Yokogawa's global network of 25 manufacturing facilities and 80 companies spans 54 countries. Since its founding in 1915, the US$3 billion company has been engaged in cutting-edge research and innovation, securing more than 7,200 patents and registrations, including the world's first digital sensors for flow and pressure measurement. Industrial automation and control, test and measurement, information systems and industry support are the core businesses of Yokogawa. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit our web site at www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in August of 2010
- August 26, 2010Yokogawa Expands the UTAdvanced® Controller Series with UP55A and UP35A Program Controllers and UM33A Digital Indicator with Alarms
- August 24, 2010Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Announces Release of AQ6370C Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Guaranteed Stray Light Suppression Ratio Performance, an Industry First -
- August 23, 2010Yokogawa Releases Real-time Production Organizer™ R1.02