2010 Press Releases-15
Tokyo, Japan - August 26, 2010
Yokogawa Expands the UTAdvanced® Controller Series with UP55A and UP35A Program Controllers and UM33A Digital Indicator with Alarms
UTAdvanced Controller Series
UP55A(3rd from Left), UP35A(4th from Left), UM33A(7th from Left)
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the release of three additions to the UTAdvanced® controller series: the UP55A and UP35A program controllers and the UM33A digital indicator with alarms. Completing the UTAdvanced series, these new products give our customers greater choice in configuring systems and support a wider range of applications.
Indicating controllers are instruments that measure and display temperature, pressure, flow rate, and other types of data, and also display data on equipment operation. They are mounted on and control the operation of relatively small-scale standalone devices like industrial furnaces and semiconductor manufacturing machines.
The UTAdvanced controllers were first developed and introduced by Yokogawa in 2009, and have been primarily used in applications that involve the control of fixed values within preset targets. In response to the rising need for such controllers in other types of applications, Yokogawa has developed three new products. The UP55A and UP35A program controllers carry out programmed pattern control (control over time according to a preset pattern), and the UM33A digital indicator outputs an alarm when an input signal reaches a preset value.
- UP55A and UP35A program controllers
- Support of the PROFIBUS-DP and CC-Link* industrial communication protocols has been added. This allows these controllers to be connected with a wider range of PLCs, which are often mounted on other devices, and gives customers the flexibility to build an optimal multivendor system.
- In response to the needs of customers who wish to program patterns at a PLC, the processing of program data from PLCs has been sped up.
- UM33A digital indicator with alarms
- This digital indicator now has eight alarm outputs and eight screen display points, twice the number of our previous model.
- A dedicated program eases the task of entering alarm values and other information, eliminating the need to input them using the keys on the front panel of each device.
Main Target Markets
Production line operations in industries such as electrical equipment, machinery, chemicals, foods, semiconductors, and automobiles; companies that design, build, and maintain air conditioning, power, and other types of in-plant facilities
Measurement, display, and control of temperature, pressure, and flow rate in research and development facilities and manufacturing operations (heat treatment, washing, sterilizing, etc.)
About the UTAdvanced series
UTAdvanced digital indicating controllers come standard with a sequence control function based on the ladder logic programming language, which is widely used by engineers. This product series improves design efficiency and reduces costs by eliminating the need for relays and other types of peripheral devices, and has enjoyed great success in the market. These controllers can be used to build systems that rely on various industrial communication protocols such as PROFIBUS-DP and CC-Link. The release of the UP55A and UP35A program controllers and UM33A digital indicator with alarms completes the UTAdvanced series, which includes the UT55A, UT52A, UT35A, UT32A digital indicating controllers that were launched in 2009.
- * Standard communication protocols widely used with field devices (PROFIBUS DP and CC-Link are registered trademarks of the PROFIBUS User Organization and the CC-Link Partner Association, respectively)
For more information
Yokogawa's global network of 25 manufacturing facilities and 80 companies spans 54 countries. Since its founding in 1915, the US$3 billion company has been engaged in cutting-edge research and innovation, securing more than 7,200 patents and registrations, including the world's first digital sensors for flow and pressure measurement. Industrial automation and control, test and measurement, information systems and industry support are the core businesses of Yokogawa. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit our web site at www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in August of 2010
- August 26, 2010Yokogawa Expands the UTAdvanced® Controller Series with UP55A and UP35A Program Controllers and UM33A Digital Indicator with Alarms
- August 24, 2010Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Announces Release of AQ6370C Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Guaranteed Stray Light Suppression Ratio Performance, an Industry First -
- August 23, 2010Yokogawa Releases Real-time Production Organizer™ R1.02