2013 Press Releases-03
Tokyo, Japan - January 18, 2013
Yokogawa Wins Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Korea
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa Electric Korea Co., Ltd., has won an order from Samsung C&T Corporation* to supply control systems for the Dongducheon combined cycle power plant, which is being constructed in the city of Dongducheon, which is located in the northern part of South Korea's Gyeonggi Province.
This power plant will have two 950 MW combined-cycle power units employing state-of-the-art gas turbines, giving it a total capacity of 1,900 MW, and the first of these units is scheduled to start operation in October 2014. The primary contractor for this independent power project is Dongducheon Dream Power Company, Ltd., which was jointly established by Korea Western Power Co., Ltd., Samsung C&T Corporation, and Hyundai Development Company.
Yokogawa will deliver the CENTUM® VP integrated production control system for controlling and operating the facilities of the entire plant including gas turbines, exhaust gas heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), and steam turbines.
Yokogawa was able to win this order because of its experience in providing close technical support to Samsung C&T Corporation and its project execution capabilities. Yokogawa's track record in providing control systems for combined cycle power plants was also highly valued.
In recent years, interest has grown in combined cycle power plants and other types of gas-fired power plants thanks to the development of shale gas. Facing the growing demand for electric power and anticipating increased imports of liquefied natural gas, power companies in Korea are expected to construct more combined cycle power plants that can generate power efficiently. Yokogawa will increasingly focus on the power business in South Korea.
- * One of the world's leading trading and construction companies. It traces its roots back to the original company in the Samsung Group.
Yokogawa's global network of 90 companies spans 55 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$4 billion company conducts cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is engaged in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit the website www.yokogawa.com
Press Releases in January of 2013
- January 31, 2013Yokogawa Receives Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Saudi Arabia
- January 29, 2013Yokogawa and McAfee Enter Partnership to Enhance Security of Industrial Control Systems - Offering Value-added Solutions Across the Industrial Automation World -
- January 22, 2013GDF SUEZ E&P UK Ltd Awards Yokogawa Contract to Supply Integrated Control and Safety Systems for Cygnus Offshore Development Project
- January 22, 2013Update: Absorption-type Split and Merger as Part of Short-form Reorganization of Japan IA and Control Business Sales and Services (PDF: 32KB/4P)
- January 22, 2013Appointment of President and Chairman Effective April 1 (PDF: 16KB/1P)
- January 18, 2013Yokogawa Wins Control System Order for Large Combined Cycle Power Plant in Korea
- January 11, 2013Yokogawa Releases High-speed, High-accuracy Positioning Modules for FA-M3 Series Range-free Multi-controllers
- January 9, 2013Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Releases WT310 and WT330 Series Digital Power Meters