Press Release - October 9, 2015
Tokyo, Japan - October 9, 2015
Yokogawa Wins Terminal Automation Systems Order from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa India Ltd., has won a turnkey project order valued at 730 million rupees (US$11 million) to automate truck loading terminals for the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL). Under the terms of the contract, Yokogawa India will deliver Terminal Logistics Suite VP™ terminal automation systems (TAS) and ProSafe®-RS safety instrumented systems to 11 BPCL truck loading terminals in northern and eastern India.
Terminal Logistics Suite VP is for the monitoring and control of the storage tanks and the gantries and other loading/unloading facilities at each of the BPCL terminals. Terminal Logistics Suite VP is designed to meet the various operational demands associated with the monitoring and control of tank farms and loading/unloading facilities as well as quality management, inventory management, and loading schedule management for the company's main oil, fuel, and chemical distribution terminals.
Yokogawa India will have single-point responsibility for the engineering, procurement, installation, and commissioning of these systems at the 11 terminals. Engineering will be carried out at a Yokogawa India office in Bangalore. All work will be done in cooperation with other companies in the global Yokogawa Group.
The automation of these truck loading terminals will meet both BPCL's requirement for the use of state-of-the-art technology and the safety guidelines set out in a report prepared by the M.B. Lal Committee*. Yokogawa India came out ahead of its competitors and was selected by BPCL for this project because it provides all the safety products specified in the M.B. Lal Committee report, demonstrates a strong customer-focused approach, and has a strong track record in providing the highest quality engineering, installation, and commissioning services. In awarding this project to Yokogawa India, BPCL indicated its confidence in the company's ability to both meet a challenging delivery schedule and ensure high quality. Work on all 11 terminals is to be completed by March, 2016.
Tsutomu Murata, managing director of Yokogawa India: "The order, won against stiff competition and entry barriers, was another affirmation of our growing capability in the oil and gas sector, as demonstrated by recent oil terminal projects for customers. We are confident that BPCL will derive great benefits from the solutions that will be implemented by Yokogawa India."
As a key strategy for its control business under the Transformation 2017 mid-term business plan, Yokogawa is targeting the entire energy supply chain, from upstream to downstream. Yokogawa has wide experience in implementing solutions for truck loading terminals and other facilities that serve as way stations between oil and natural gas plants and end users. Encouraged by this order, Yokogawa will accelerate its global efforts to expand its control business for the entire energy supply chain by driving up sales of Terminal Logistics Suite VP and other solutions that help companies optimize operations at their oil and gas transport facilities.
* An advisory group formed by the Indian government that issued a set of recommendations in 2010 to address safety issues in the country's oil and gas industry
For more information
Yokogawa's global network of 88 companies spans 56 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.5 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
Press Releases in October of 2015
- October 29, 2015Yokogawa Opens a Sales and After-sales Service Office in Turkmenistan
- Expanding the control business in Central Asia -
- October 26, 2015Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of ProSafe®-RS Safety Instrumented System
For Greater Efficiency in System Configuration and Engineering
- October 23, 2015Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Releases 2560A Precision DC Calibrator
- October 14, 2015Yokogawa Meters & Instruments to Release Three New Modules for DL850E/DL850EV ScopeCorders
- Including the industry's first SENT-compliant module -
- October 13, 2015Yokogawa Solution Service and Cisco Collaborate on Solution for Oil Refineries - New, integrated solution utilizing industry-leading security, high-quality network equipment and information system services -
- October 9, 2015Yokogawa Wins Terminal Automation Systems Order from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- October 1, 2015Yokogawa Releases Exaquantum™ R3.01 - Improved data acquisition capabilities for a more detailed view of plant operations -