The new FA-M3V series
The FA-M3 is designed and best known for its speed so it's only natural that the new series be named FA-M3V, where V stands for "Vitesse", which means speed in French.
From day one, FA-M3 has relentlessly pursued higher speeds as the most effective means to solving customer challenges.
Over time, this has evolved into the high-speed IPRS (Instruction, Processing, Response, and Scan) design concept. Today, we have set a new record in this quadruple speed quest by creating the FA-M3V, which offers extensibility and reliability at incredible speed.
FA-M3V, is the leading-edge controller for customers who will settle for nothing less than the world's best.
Review the FA-M3V software downloads and packages.
Benefits of FA-M3
- Speed- quadruple speed quest powered by two core technologies to deliver stable control at the highest speed
- Extensibility- extended functionality at high speed; network support, large volume data processing, and easy data handling
- Reliability- high reliability enables stable operation; hardware error check and correction (ECC) and single board design
- FA-M3 software system includes development, simulation, and configuration tools
Industrial Applications of FA-M3
- Turbine control and protection
- Natural gas
- Food and beverage
Delivering stable control at the highest speed
Featuring ultra high-speed, stable control, link functions and improved network performance, the FA-M3V controller is created by improving every aspect to deliver stable control at the highest speeds.
Stretching the "High-speed IPRS" Design Concept
What is FA-M3?
FA-M3V is the industry's fastest PLC in terms of CPU scanning speed. This incredible speed is made possible by stretching the High-speed IPRS (Instruction, Processing, Response and Scanning) design concept of the FA-M3 family of controllers and harnessing two Yokogawa core technologies, namely, the Vitesse engine and the parallel instruction processing system (PIPS).
The FA-M3 Vitesse Engine
Supreme ladder processing capability
Parallel & Independent Processing System (PIPS)
Fast, stable control for high-quality production
|Base||Base module||F3BU04-0N||For power supply (F3PU10/F3PU16) + 4 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|F3BU05-0D||For power supply (F3PU20/F3PU30/F3PU26/F3PU36) + 5 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|F3BU06-0N||For power supply (F3PU10/F3PU16) + 6 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|F3BU09-0N||For power supply (F3PU20/F3PU30/F3PU26/F3PU36) + 9 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|F3BU13-0N||For power supply (F3PU20/F3PU30/F3PU26/F3PU36) + 13 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|F3BU16-0N||For power supply (F3PU20/F3PU30/F3PU26/F3PU36) + 16 slots (CPU+I/O)|
|Power supply||Power supply module||F3PU10-0S||100 to 240V AC, 5V DC/2.0A rated output (for 4 and 6 slots, M4 screws)|
|F3PU20-0S||100 to 240V AC, 5V DC/4.3A rated output (for 5, 9,13 and 16 slots, M4 screws)|
|F3PU30-0S||100 to 240V AC, 5V DC/6.0A rated output (for 5, 9,13 and 16 slots, M4 screws)|
|F3PU16-0S||24V DC, 5V DC/2.0A rated output (for 4 and 6 slots, M4 screws)|
|F3PU26-0S||24V DC, 5V DC/4.3A rated output (for 5, 9, 13 and 16 slots, M4 screws)|
|F3PU36-0S||24V DC, 5V DC/6.0A rated output (for 5, 9, 13 and 16 slots, M4 screws)|
|CPU||Sequence CPU module||F3SP22-0S||Ladder 30K steps, basic instruction 0.045μs or longer, with memory*|
|F3SP71-4S||Ladder 60K steps, basic instruction 0.00375μs or longer, with network and Modbus/TCP slave (server) functions (USB2.0, Ethernet)|
|F3SP76-7S||Ladder 260K steps, basic instruction 0.00375μs or longer, with network and Modbus/TCP slave (server) functions (USB2.0, Ethernet)|
|Memory||ROM pack||RK33-0N||Ladder 56K steps (for F3SP22)|
|RK73-0N||Ladder 120K steps (for F3SP22)|
|Digital I/O||Input module||F3XA08-1N||100-120V AC, 8 points|
|F3XA08-2N||200-240V AC, 8 points|
|F3XA16-1N||100-120V AC, 16 points|
|F3XH04-3N||High-speed input with pulse catch function, 24V DC, 4 points|
|F3XC08-0N||No-voltage contact input, 8 points|
|F3XC08-0C||No-voltage contact input, 8 points, separate commons|
|F3XD08-6F||DC input, 12-24V DC, 8 points|
|F3XD16-3F||DC input, 24V DC, 16 points|
|F3XD16-4F||DC input, 12V DC, 16 points|
|F3XD16-3H||DC input, positive common, 24V DC, 16 points (high-speed input)|
|F3XD32-3F||DC input, 24V DC, 32 points|
|F3XD32-4F||DC input, 12V DC, 32 points|
|F3XD32-5F||TTL input, 5V DC, 32 points|
|F3XD64-3F||DC input, 24V DC, 64 points|
|F3XD64-4F||DC input, 12V DC, 64 points|
|F3XD64-6M||DC input, 12 to 24V DC, 64 points (8x8)|
|Pulse input module||F3XS04-3N||Ring-up counter, 0 to 20kHz, 24V DC input, 16-bit channel x 4|
|F3XS04-4N||Ring-up counter, 0 to 20kHz, 12V DC input, 16-bit channel x 4|
|Output module||F3YA08-2N||Triac output (100 to 240V AC), 1 A, 8 points|
|F3YC08-0C||Relay output (5 to 24V DC, 100 to 240V AC), 2A, isolated commons, 8 points|
|F3YC08-0N||Relay output (5 to 24V DC, 100 to 240V AC), 2A, 8 points|
|F3YC16-0N||Relay output (5 to 24V DC, 100 to 240V AC), 2A, 16 points|
|F3YD04-7N||TR output, 24V DC, 2A, isolated commons, 4 points|
|F3YD08-6A||TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 1A, 8 points|
|F3YD08-6B||TR source output, 12 to 24V DC, 1A, 8 points|
|F3YD08-7A||TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 2A, 8 points|
|F3YD14-5A||TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.5A, 14 points|
|F3YD14-5B||TR source output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.5A, 14 points|
|F3YD32-1H||High speed TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.1A, 32 points, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3YD32-1P||TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.1A, 32 points, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3YD32-1R||TR source output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.1A, 32 points, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3YD32-1T||TTL output, 5V DC, 16mA, 32 points|
|F3YD64-1P||TR sink output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.1A, 64 points, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3YD64-1R||TR source output, 12 to 24V DC, 0.1A, 64 points, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3YD64-1M||TR output, matrix scan, 12 to 24V DC, 64 points (8x8)|
|I/O module||F3WD64-3P||DC Input, TR sink output, 0.1A, 24V DC, 32 points each, with output short-circuit protection|
|F3WD64-4P||DC Input, TR sink output, 0.1A, 12V DC, 32 points each, with output short-circuit protection|
|Analog I/O||Analog input module||F3AD04-5V||0 to 5V DC,1 to 5V DC,-10 to 10V DC,0 to 10V DC, 4 points,12bitA/D Sampling period 1ms|
|F3AD04-5R||0 to 5V DC,1 to 5V DC,-10 to 10V DC,0 to 10V DC,Input 4 points,16bitA/D, Sampling period 50μs|
|F3AD08-5V||0 to 5V DC,1 to 5V DC,-10 to 10V DC,0 to 10V DC, 8 points,12bitA/D, Sampling period 1ms|
|F3AD08-4W||0 to 20mA,4 to 20mA, 8 points,12bitA/D, Sampling period 1ms|
|F3AD08-4R||0 to 20mA,4 to 20mA input, 8 points, 16-bit high-res. ADC, sampling at 50μs/point|
|F3AD08-5R||0 to 5V,0 to 10V,1 to 5V,-10 to 10V DC input, 8 points, 16-bit high res. ADC, sampling at 50μs/point|
|F3AD08-6R||0 to 5V,1 to 5V,-10 to 10V DC,0 to 20mA,4 to 20mA input, 8 points, 16-bit high res. ADC, sampling at 50μs/point|
|Analog output module||F3DA04-6R||-10 to 10V, 0 to 10V, 0 to 5V, 1 to 5V, 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA and -20 to 20mA DC output, 4 points,
16-bit high-res. DAC
|F3DA08-5R||-10 to 10V, 0 to 10V, 0 to 5V, 1 to 5V DC output, 8 points, 16-bit high-res. DAC|
|Temperature||Temperature control and PID module||F3CU04-0H||4 loops of universal input
Time-proportional PID output (open collector)
/DF: with Fahrenheit display function
|F3CU04-1H||4 loops of universal input and output
(open collector, continuous 4-20 mA output)
/DF: with Fahrenheit display function
|F3CX04-0H||4 channels of universal input
/DF: with Fahrenheit display function
|Data acquisition||High-speed data acquisition module||F3HA06-1R||-10 to 10V, 0 to 10V, 1 to 5V, -5V to 5V, -2.5 to 2.5V, input 6 points, 5μs, data buffer 2M words|
|F3HA12-1R||-10 to 10V, 0 to 10V, 1 to 5V,-5V to 5V,-2.5 to 2.5V, input12 points, 5μs, data buffer 2M words|
|F3LE01-1T||10Mbps, 10BASE-T, with higher-level link and event transmission functions|
|F3LE11-1T||10/100Mbps, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX , with E-mail function|
|F3LE12-1T||10/100Mbps, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, with higher-level link, (UDP/IP)messaging function|
|NX Interface module||F3NX01-2N||10/100Mbps, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, with Autonomous Distribution protocol|
|EtherNet/IP interface module||F3LN01-0N||100Mbps, 10BASE-T/100Base-TX, EtherNet/IP scanner / adapter|
|FL-net interface module||F3LX02-2N||10/100Mbps, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, FL-net (OPCN-2) ver.2.00|
|DeviceNet interface module||F3LD01-0N||500kbps max., DeviceNet port x 1, with master/scanner function|
|CAN2.0B Interface Module||F3LD21-0N||CAN2.0B format, 1channel, 1Mbps max|
|Modbus Interface module||F3LC31-2F||Modbus RTU/A5SCII, 115kbps max, 1port|
|F3GB01-0N||GP-IB port x 1|
|Personal computer link module||F3LC11-2F||115kbps max., RS-422/RS-485 port x 1|
|F3LC11-1F||115kbps max., RS-232-C port x 1, with modem interface function|
|F3LC12-1F||115kbps max., RS-232-C port x 2, with modem interface function|
|F3RZ81-0F||115kbps max., RS-232C port x 1|
|F3RZ82-0F||115kbps max., RS-232C port x 2|
|F3RZ91-0F||115kbps max., RS-422/RS-485 port x 1|
|UT link module||F3LC51-2N||RS-422 / RS-485 port x 1, allows easy connection of digital indicating controller|
|FA link H2 module||F3LP32-0N||32 stations max., total transmission distance 1km, 1.25Mbps max.|
|Remote I/O||YHLS master module||F3LH01-1N||12Mbps max., YHLS port x 1|
|F3LH02-1N||12Mbps max., YHLS port x 2|
|Fiber-optic FA-bus module||F3LR01-0N||7 stations max., total transmission distance 200m, 10Mbps max.|
|Fiber-optic FA-bus Type 2||F3LR02-0N||32 stations max., total transmission distance 1.4km, max. distance betw. stations 500m, 10Mbps max.|
|FA-bus Type 2 module||F3LR02-1W||7 stations max., max. transmission distance: 70m for daisy-chain configuration and 80m for loop configuration, max. distance between stations 10m, 10Mbps max., wired|
|F3XP01-0H||Up/down counter, phase difference, pulse + direction, addition/subtraction, 400kpps (for x4), 32-bit channel x 1|
|F3XP02-0H||Up/down counter, phase difference, pulse + direction, addition/subtraction, 400kpps (for x4), 32-bit channel x 2|
|F3YP22-0P||2-axis control, 7,996kpps max. for servo/DD/Linear motor control, 1,999kpps. for stepping motor control|
|F3YP24-0P||4-axis control, 7,996kpps max. for servo/DD/Linear motor control, 1,999kpps. for stepping motor control|
|F3YP28-0P||8-axis control, 7,996kpps max. for servo/DD/Linear motor control, 1,999kpps. for stepping motor control|
(with pulse output)
|F3NC32-0N||2-axis control, 5Mpps max. pulse output, PTP and linear/circular interpolation, direct/pattern operation, counter for ABS encoder input (2ch)|
|F3NC34-0N||4-axis control, 5Mpps max. pulse output, PTP and linear/circular/helical interpolation, direct/pattern operation, counter for ABS encoder input (4ch)|
(with analog voltage
|F3NC51-0N||1-axis control with speed reference voltage output type|
|F3NC52-0N||2-axis control with speed reference voltage output type|
|Positioning module (with
|F3NC96-0N||15-axis control with MECHATROLINK-II interface|
|Positioning module (with
|F3NC97-0N||15-axis control with MECHATROLINK-III interface|
* WideField3 R4.05 or later must be used to use F3SP22-0S in up to 30K steps.
When using WideField3 R4.04 or earlier, there is a limit of up to 10K steps.
|Development tool||FA-M3 Programming Tool WideField3||SF630-MCW*||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 compatible, multi-lingual version, Live Logic Analyzer function, CD-ROM|
|Simulation||FA-M3 Simulation Software Virtual-M3||SF681-MDW*||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 compatible, multi-lingual version, Web download|
|Configuration tool||ToolBox for Temperature Control
and Monitoring Modules
|SF661-MCW||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 compatible, multi-lingual version, CD-ROM (for F3CU04 and F3CX04)|
|ToolBox for Positioning Modules
|SF662-MCW||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 compatible, multi-lingual version, CD-ROM (for F3NC3x)|
|ToolBox for Positioning Modules
|SF663-MCW||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 compatible, multi-lingual version, CD-ROM (for F3YP2x)|
* There is also the package "SF631-MCW" of SF630-MCW and SF681-MDW as a set.
|CPU port / D-sub 9-pin conversion cable||KM10-0C||D-sub 9-pin, female, cable length approx. 0.5m (for F3SP22-0S)|
|SIO port adaptor cable||KM10-0S||SIO port / D-sub 9-pin, female, cable length 0.5m (for F3SP66-4S, F3SP67-6S)|
|Cable for programming tool||KM11-2T||DOS/V compatible, cable length approx. 3m|
|KM13-1S||USB 1.1 compliant USB-serial converter, cable length approx. 3m|
|Monitor cables||KM21-2A||CPU port / D-sub 25-pin, male, cable length 3 m (for F3SP22-0S)|
|KM21-2B||CPU port / D-sub 9-pin, female, cable length 3 m (for F3SP22-0S)|
|KM21-2N||SIO port / D-sub 25-pin, male, cable length 3 m (for F3SP66-4S, F3SP67-6S)|
|KM21-2T||SIO port / D-sub 9-pin, female, cable length 3 m (for F3SP66-4S, F3SP67-6S)|
|Cable for fiber-optic FA-bus (for use inside panel)||KM60-S06||For use inside panel, cable length approx. 0.6m|
|KM60-001||For use inside panel, cable length approx. 1m|
|KM60-003||For use inside panel, cable length approx. 3m|
|Cable for fiber-optic FA-bus (for indoor use)||KM61-xxx||For indoor use, cable length|
|KM65-xxx||For indoor use, cable length|
|Cable for fiber-optic FA-bus (for outdoor use)||KM62-xxx||For outdoor use, cable length|
|KM69-xxx||Flame-retardant cable (equivalent of VW-1), For outdoor use, cable length|
|YHLS slave units
|TAHWD32-3PAM||16 DC inputs (positive common), 24V DC, MIL,
16 TR outputs (sink-type, with short-circuit protection), 24V DC 0.1A, MIL
|TAHWD32-3NBM||16 DC inputs (negative common), 24V DC, MIL,
16 TR outputs (source-type, with short-circuit protection), 24V DC 0.1A, MIL
|TAHXD16-3PEM||16 DC inputs (positive common), 24V DC, MIL|
|TAHXD16-3NEM||16 DC inputs (negative common), 24V DC, MIL|
|TAHYD16-3EAM||16 TR outputs (sink-type, with short-circuit protection), 24V DC 0.1A, MIL|
|TAHYD16-3EBM||16 TR outputs (source-type, with short-circuit protection), 24V DC 0.1A, MIL|
|YHLS communication cables||KM80-xxx||Flame-retardant cable (equivalent of VW-1), YHLS fixed cable, cable length|
|KM81-xxx||Flame-retardant cable (equivalent of VW-1), YHLS flexible cable, cable length|
|Terminal block unit||TA40-0N||Converts 40 point I/O connector to European type terminal block.|
|Conector terminal block||TA50-0N||Connector terminal block (40 points), M3.5 screw|
|TA50-2N||Connector terminal block (40 points), M3 screw|
|Cable for conector terminal block||KM55-xxx||Cable between module and terminal block, length from 0.5m (-005) to 3m (-030) in 0.5m increments|
|Blank module||F3BL00-0N||For empty I/O slots|
|Input simulator switch||S9307UF||Simulator switch for input terminals (for F3XD32-xF, F3XD64-xF, F3WD64-xx)|
|Environment||Surrounding air temperature range||Operating : 0 to 55°C *1|
|Storage : -20°C to 75°C|
|Surrounding humidity range||Operating : 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)|
|Storage : 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)|
|Surrounding atmosphere||Must be free of corrosive gases, flammable gases or heavy dust.|
|Grounding||AC Power supply module : Protective earth (Comply with the regulation of each country.)
DC Power supply module : Functional earth
|Noise immunity||Tested using a noise simulator with a noise voltage of 1500 Vp-p, pulse width of 1 μs, rise time of 1 ns, and repetition frequency of 25 to 60 Hz.
For CE Marking-compliant modules, compliant to EN61326-1, EN61326-2-3*4 and EN61000-6-2
|Vibration resistance||Tested in compliance with JIS C60068-2-6 under the following conditions:
- Frequency ranges:
10 to 57 Hz with an amplitude of 0.075 mm
57 to 150 Hz with an acceleration of 9.8 m/s2 (1G)
- Direction and sweep cycles: 10 times each in the X, Y, and Z directions
|Shock resistance||Tested in compliance with JIS C60068-2-27 under the following conditions:
- Direction and sweep cycles: 3 times each in the X, Y, and Z directions with an acceleration of 147 m/s2 (98 m/s2 with DIN-rail mounting)
|Structure & Appearance||Structure||Designed for mounting inside a panel enclosure|
|Altitude of installation||Max. of 2000 m above sea level|
|Cooling method||Natural-air cooled|
|Mounting||Direct mounting with M4-size setscrews or DIN-rail mounting (except for F3BU16-0N module)|
|Finish color||Light cobalt blue, equivalent to Munsell 6.2PB 4.6/8.8; Lampblack, equivalent to Munsell 0.8Y 2.5/0.4|
*1 : Some FA-M3 modules may have a narrower surrounding temperature range than 0-55°C. A system incorporating such modules must be used within the narrower surrounding temperature range for such modules.
|Base module||Number of slots||Number of I/O slots*2||Total width|
*2 : The number of available I/O slots is indicated assuming that one CPU module is installed.
FA-M3 Manufacturer's warranty
This is to explain the manufacturer’s warranty by Yokogawa Electric Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Yokogawa Electric") for its FA-M3 products (“Warranty”). Please note that the warranty for the FA-M3 products you purchased may differ from this Warranty. For more details of the warranty specifically applying to you and conditions of use, etc., please consult with Yokogawa Electric Sales Representative or authorized sales representative.
This Warranty applies to the FA-M3 hardware products (standard hardware products and custom hardware products), including modules, cables connectors and terminals, manufactured and sold by Yokogawa Electric.
The term "standard hardware product" refers to a product that is identified as manufactured by Yokogawa Electric and specified in its brochures or its General Specifications ("GS") provided by Yokogawa Electric.
The term "custom hardware product" refers to a hardware product that is manufactured by Yokogawa Electric based on the functional specifications created through agreement between the customer and Yokogawa Electric and that is identified by the Yokogawa Electric trademark labeled on it.
1.2 No Warranty
This Warranty shall in no event apply to the accessories for the above-mentioned FA-M3 hardware products.
Further, this Warranty shall in no event apply to the Yokogawa products which were modified, fixed, repaired or adjusted, or with a part replaced by any entity other than Yokogawa Electric representatives or service providers authorized by Yokogawa Electric.
Please also note that this Warranty is subject to the conditions as set forth in Section 4 below.
2. Standard Hardware Product Warranty
2.1 Warranty Period
Yokogawa Electric warrants the standard hardware products for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of delivery to the location specified by the customer, or eighteen (18) months from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
The date of manufacture of FA-M3 is identified by the date of manufacture (DATE) described on the label.
Provided, the standard hardware products manufactured in or before November 2001 are identified by the serial number (NO.) as shown below.
Example: For Serial No. H0J230045
|First letter (H)||Manufacturing plant code|
|Next letter (0)||Manufacturing year code (The last digit of the year)|
|Next letter (J)||Manufacturing month code (A=Jan, B=Feb, ..., H=Aug, J=Sep, ..., M=Dec, with "I" unused)|
|Next two letters (23)||Manufacturing date code (1 to 31)|
|Remaining letters||Manufacturing data|
Serial No. H0J230045 indicates that the product was manufactured in Plant H on September 23, 2000.
2.2 Warranty Coverage
If a failure attributable to Yokogawa Electric occurs during the warranty period, Yokogawa Electric will replace the product at no charge in accordance with Section 2.3 below.
The customer, however, shall be charged for the service even within the warranty period for the following cases:
(1) When the manufacturing information such as serial No. cannot be identified due to a missing or defaced label.
(2) Failures caused by improper handling or misuse of the product by the customer or anyone other than Yokogawa Electric.
(3) When the product is handled, stored or used under an environment (for example, exposed to condensation) that does not conform to the design specifications and installation conditions specified in the user's manual.
(4) Failures caused by fire, flood, storm, earthquake, lightning or other natural disaster, smoke, gas or other pollution, abnormal voltage, or other force majeure events.
(5) Failures caused by use of power supply that is not specified by Yokogawa Electric, other equipment connected to the product, or other external causes.
(6) Failures due to normal wear and tear of parts or consumables (cables, connectors, EEPROM: memory device with overwrite life, and contractor relay, etc).
(7) Other failures not attributable to Yokogawa Electric.
2.3 What to Do During Warranty Period
If a failure attributable to Yokogawa Electric occurs during the warranty period and a warranty claim is received in an expeditious manner, Yokogawa Electric will perform the following:
(1) Please contact the Yokogawa Electric Sales Representative or reseller where you purchased the product, providing the failed product along with the conditions related to the failure and probable cause of the failure. Yokogawa Electric will replace the product at no charge. In this event, be sure to return the failed product to Yokogawa Electric. In this case, the warranty period of the replacement product that has been replaced with the failed product shall be the same as that of the failed product before it was returned.
(2) In principle, no failure cause investigation or investigation report will be provided. If a special request for such investigation and report is made by the customer, it will be separately determined including the feasibility. The cost of the cause investigation and other required actions, if conducted according to the customer's request, shall be charged to the customer.
(3) If the claimed product proves non-defective, or the failure proves attributable to the customer, the cost of repair or other required operations shall be charged to the customer.
2.4 Equipment Manufactured by Third-Party Manufacturer
For equipment manufactured by a manufacturer other than Yokogawa Electric, the conditions of the warranty period and coverage specified by that manufacturer or provider of the equipment shall be applied, regardless of the descriptions in this document.
3. Custom Hardware Product Warranty
The same warranty conditions as those for the standard hardware products shall be applied to the custom hardware products, provided, this warranty may be subject to the condition that the customer purchases spare articles for warranty services.
4. Cautions on Using Products
(1) For the purpose of protection and safety of Yokogawa Electric products and the systems controlled with Yokogawa Electric products, make sure to obtain the user's manual provided separately by Yokogawa Electric (for purchase) and conform to the safety-related instructions and other cautions in handling Yokogawa Electric products. Failure to conform to those instructions and cautions may impair the functions such as protective functions of the Yokogawa Electric products. In this case, Yokogawa Electric does not warrant the quality, performance, functions or safety of the corresponding Yokogawa products.
(2) The customer is responsible for proper planning, preparation and implementation of independent processes, such as the development of a system using equipment provided by any party other than Yokogawa Electric, when installing a protection/safety circuit such as a lightening protection system for equipment for Yokogawa Electric products and control systems, or when establishing and applying foolproof design, failsafe design and other protection/safety circuits for the processes and production lines that use Yokogawa Electric products and control systems.
(3) Ensure that a part or consumable of Yokogawa Electric products is replaced with a part designated by Yokogawa Electric.
(4) None of the Yokogawa Electric products are intended for use in the operation of nuclear-related equipment, railway facilities, aircraft navigation or communication equipment, marine equipment, air traffic control facilities, medical equipment or for any other uses where the failure of the products could lead to death, personal injury, or severe health damage. To apply any of the products to equipment or system directly affecting human safety, the customer shall take responsibility to establish a system to assure safety without using equipment or systems provided by Yokogawa Electric.
Durable period and limited life time parts
Durable period of module：10 years
But the parts of the following modules have the limited life time.
Limited life time parts
- Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
Recommend replacement cycle: 8 years from the date of factory dispatch
Power supply module F3PU01-0N*, F3PU10-0N*, F3PU10-0S, F3PU16-0N, F3PU20-0N*, F3PU20-0S, F3PU26-0N, F3PU30-0N*, F3PU30-0S, F3PU36-0N*, F3PU36-0S, F3SP05-0P*,
Analog input module F3AD04-0N*, F3AD04-0V*, F3AD04-0R*, F3AD08-1N*, F3AD08-1V*, F3AD08-1R*, F3AD08-4V* Analog output module F3DA02-0N*, F3DA04-1N*, F3DA08-5N* Temperature control and monitoring module F3CT04-0N*, F3CT04-1N*, F3CR04-0N*, F3CR04-1N* PID control module F3CV04-1N* Positioning module F3NC51-0N, F3NC52-0N, F3NC61-0N Handy programming console PR30-0N*
* : Order entry stop products
Electrical life time：100,000 times or more
Mechanical life time：20,000,000 times or more
Power supply module F3PU01-0N*, F3PU10-0N*, F3PU10-0S, F3PU16-0N, F3PU20-0N*, F3PU20-0S, F3PU26-0N, F3PU30-0N*, F3PU30-0S, F3PU36-0N*, F3PU36-0S, F3SP05-0P*, F3SP08-0P*, F3SP08-SP Relay output module F3YC08-0C, F3YC08-0N, F3YC16-0N
Recommended replacement cycle l: 5 years (when used at temperatures above 45°C)
FA-Link module F3LP01-0N* FA-Link H module F3LP02-0N High-Speed Counter module F3XP01-0H,F3XP02-0H Analog input module F3AD04-0N*, F3AD04-0V*, F3AD04-0R*, F3AD08-1N*, F3AD08-1V*, F3AD08-1R*, F3AD08-4V* Temperature Monitoring module F3CX04-0N Temperature Control and PID Module F3CU04-0N*, F3CU04-1N*
- Hard disk
Recommended replacement cycle：5 years from the date of factory dispatch or 20,000 operation hours, whichever comes earlier.
Hard Disk Module F3HD30-0N*, F3HD31-2N*, F3HD31-3N*
* : Order entry stop product
Replacement of limited life time parts
Please replace module as well as battery.
< Definition of limited life time parts >
The limited life time parts are the parts that the abrasion problem comes earlier than the durable period.
The parts having the life time more than 10 years is not included.
Recommend replacement cycle is defined to the period of module preventive maintenance
which has life limitation parts, not to accidental failure guarantee.
Recommend replacement cycle is defined to the period of module preventive maintenance
which has life limitation parts, not to accidental failure guarantee.
About some old FA-M3/e-RT3 products
Since its debut 20 years ago, the FA-M3/e-RT3 has released new, innovative, advanced-function products every year. Today, some electronic parts used in older products have become unavailable, and discontinuation of production or more electronic parts is expected due to mandatory compliance with various standards and directives.
In our efforts to ensure continued sales and reliable service to our customers, we have in the past stocked many discontinued parts, but a depleting inventory is posing difficulties for future production system maintenance, quality assurance and repair service. We have thus made the difficult decision to end the sale of some old FA-M3/e-RT3 products.
We advise customers to plan for alternative designs and migration. Thank you for your understanding and support.
List of End-of-Sales Products
Please refer to the following document.
|Document Title||Document Number|
|FA-M3 / e-RT3 List of End-of-Sale Products||TI 34M06Z40-01E|
Aboitiz Power Corporation is a holding company that was set up by the Aboitiz Group to oversee its investments in power generation, distribution, retail, and services. The company owns and operates several hydroelectric and geothermal power plants as well as a number of non-renewable power facilities throughout the Philippines. It also owns distribution utilities that are centered in high-growth areas in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
TSE proposed to customer a floating solar PV system that floats in water storage pond, cooling ponds, and wastewater ponds in the plant.
Yokogawa's CI Server and FA-M3 PLC contribute to the production of clean power for the plant.
- Hibiki LNG Terminal is supplying natural gas to a broad area of northern Kyushu.
- CENTUM VP and FA-M3V provide a centralized monitoring environment and contribute to safe and stable operation.
With the recent rapid advancement of technology, user equipment has become more and more complicated, diversified and faster. This has been imposing an increase in engineering costs and increasingly many users require devices facilitating customization and the reuse of past resources (legacies).
Thanks to a two year upgrade project, Foster's Yatala brewery is now one of the country's most efficient integrated brewing and packaging operations. More than 1,100 measurement and control devices from instrument manufacturer Yokogawa Australia will help keep it that way.
- Analog Input Module (2.1 MB)
- Analog Input/Output Module - F3AD/F3DA (383 KB)
- Analog Input/Output Module - F3AD/F3DA [Addendums] (230 KB)
- Analog Output Modules - F3DA0*-*R (1.5 MB)
- Analog Output Modules - F3DA0*-*R [Addendum] (127 KB)
- ASi Master Module - F3LA01 (1.2 MB)
- BASIC CPU Modules and YM-BASIC/FA Programming Language (1.1 MB)
- BASIC CPU Modules and YM-BASIC/FA Programming Language - F3BP20/F3BP30 (1.1 MB)
- BASIC Programming Tool M3 for Windows - SF560 (800 KB)
- DeviceNet Interface Module - F3LD01 (709 KB)
- Ethernet Interface Module - F3LE12-0T (899 KB)
- FA Link H Module / Fiber-optic FA Link H Module - F3LP02/F3LP12 (1.1 MB)
- FA-M3 - ASi Master Module (3.7 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField" - SF610 (49.9 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField2" (14.1 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField3" Introduction and Troubleshooting - SF630 (3.2 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField3"(Offline) - SF630 (12.4 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField3"(Online) - SF630 (10.2 MB)
- FA-M3 Programming Tool "WideField3"(Script) (2.7 MB)
- FA-M3 ToolBox for Positioning Modules (for F3NC32/34) - SF662 (11.3 MB)
- FA-M3 ToolBox for Positioning Modules (for F3YP22/24/28) - SF663 (4.4 MB)
- FA-M3 ToolBox for Temperature Control and Monitoring Modules - SF661 (1.7 MB)
- FA-M3 ToolBox Manual - SF661/SF662 (5.3 MB)
- FA-M3V Environment Tool Trace Function (29.7 MB)
- Fiber-optic FA-bus Module / Fiber-optic FA-bus Type 2 Module - F3LR01/F3LR02 (2.7 MB)
- Fiber-optic FA-bus Module / Fiber-optic FA-bus Type 2 Module Addendum (127 KB)
- FL-net (OPCN-2) Interface Module - F3LX02 (2.0 MB)
- Hardware Manual - F3BU/F3PU /F3X*/F3Y* /F3WD (3.3 MB)
- High-speed Counter Module - F3XP01/F3XP02 (723 KB)
- High-speed Data Acquisition Module - F3HA08 (2.1 MB)
- Ladder Communication Module - F3RZ81/F3RZ91 (217 KB)
- Ladder Communications Module - F3RZ81/ F3RZ82/ F3RZ91 (1.0 MB)
- Memory Card Module - F3EM01 (1016 KB)
- NX Interface Module - F3NX01 (1.2 MB)
- Personal Computer Link Command (6.2 MB)
- Personal Computer Link Command Addendum (207 KB)
- Positioning Module (Advanced Model with Positioning Pulse Output) - F3NC11/F3NC12 (5.0 MB)
- Positioning Module (with Analog Voltage Output) - Addendum (89 KB)
- Positioning Module (with Analog Voltage Output) - F3NC51/F3NC52 (835 KB)
- Positioning Module (with MECHATROLINK-II Interface) - F3NC96 (938 KB)
- Positioning Module (with MECHATROLINK-III Interface) - F3NC97 (2.4 MB)
- Positioning Module (with Multi-channel Pulse Output) - F3YP14/F3YP18 (1.8 MB)
- Positioning Module (with Multi-channel Pulse Output) - F3YP22/F3YP24/ F3YP28 (6.1 MB)
- Positioning Module (with Multi-channel Pulse Output) Model - F3YP04/F3YP08 (4.7 MB)
- Positioning Modules (with Pulse Output) - Addendum (182 KB)
- Positioning Modules (with Pulse Output) - F3NC32/ F3NC34 (2.7 MB)
- PROFIBUS-DP Interface Module - F3LB01 (1.1 MB)
- Pulse Input Module - F3XS04 (490 KB)
- Sequence CPU (Functions) - F3SP21/25/35 (8.1 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Functions) - F3SP21/25/35 - Addendum (128 KB)
- Sequence CPU (Functions) - F3SP28/F3SP38/ F3SP5* (5.9 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Functions) - F3SP66/F3SP67 (4.9 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Functions) - F3SP71/F3SP76 (21.6 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Instructions) - F3SP05/F3SP2* /F3SP3*/F3SP5* (13.5 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Modbus/TCP Functions ) - F3SP71/F3SP76 (834 KB)
- Sequence CPU (Network Functions) - F3SP66/F3SP67 (1.9 MB)
- Sequence CPU (Network Functions) - F3SP71/F3SP76 (6.7 MB)
- Serial Communications Module - F3RS22,F3RS41 (524 KB)
- Temperature Control and Monitoring Modules and PID Control Module - F3CT04/F3CR04/ F3CV04 (823 KB)
- Temperature Control and PID Modules - F3CU04-*N (2.7 MB)
- Temperature Control and PID Modules - F3CU04-*S (3.3 MB)
- Temperature Monitoring Module - F3CX04 (2.0 MB)
- ToolBox Installation and Setup (2.5 MB)
- USB-Serial Converter (1.2 MB)
- UT Link Module - Addendum (164 KB)
- UT Link Module - F3LC51 (1.3 MB)
- YHLS Master Module (for F3LH01-1N, F3LH02-1N) - F3LH0* (1.4 MB)
- YHLS Master Module - F3LH02 (1.1 MB)
- YHLS Slave Unit TAC Series - TAC* (1.3 MB)
- YHLS Slave Unit TAH Series - TAH* (2.2 MB)
- FA-M3 Range-free Multi-controller (1.2 MB)
- FA-M3 - Analog Input/output Modules Temperature Control and Monitoring Modules PID Control Module Open-circuit Detection Module (232 KB)
- FA-M3 - Basic Modules (Base, Power Supply, CPU Modules and ROM Packs) (2.7 MB)
- FA-M3 - Basic Input/Output Modules (2.4 MB)
- FA-M3 - Analog Input Modules (564 KB)
- FA-M3 - High-speed Data Acquisition Module - F3HA08-0N (883 KB)
- FA-M3 - Analog Output Modules (254 KB)
- FA-M3 - Analog Output Module (F3DA04-6R/DCR) (318 KB)
- FA-M3 - FL-net (OPCN-2) Interface Module - F3LX02-1N (108 KB)
- FA-M3 - Personal Computer Link Modules UT Link Module RS-232-C / RS-422-A Communication Modules Ladder Communication Modules (672 KB)
- FA-M3 - DeviceNet Scanner Module - F3LD01-0N (90 KB)
- Ethernet Interface Module (356 KB)
- Ethernet Interface Module (277 KB)
- FA-M3 - No-voltage Contact Input Module (Separate Commons) - F3XC08-0C (124 KB)
- Ethernet Interface Module (397 KB)
- FA-M3 - YHLS Master Modules, YHLS Slave Units, YHLS Communication Cables (for implementing high-speed remote I/O) (586 KB)
- NX Interface Module (110 KB)
- FA-M3 - NX Interface Module - F3NX01-1N (129 KB)
- FA-M3 - GP-IB Communication Module - F3GB01-0N (55 KB)
- FA-M3 - FA Link H Modules FA-bus Modules (559 KB)
- FA-M3 - High-speed Counter Modules and Positioning Modules (1.7 MB)
- FA-M3 - Positioning Module (with Multi-channel Pulse Output) - F3YP14-0N，F3YP18-0N (283 KB)
- F3XS04 Pulse Input Module (110 KB)
- F3NC96-0N Positioning Module (with MECHATROLINK-II Interface) (266 KB)
- FA-M3 - Positioning Module (with MECHATROLINK-III Interface) - F3NC97-0N (280 KB)
- FA-M3 - Software Packages (2.8 MB)
- CPU Port Cable (85 KB)
- FA-M3 Fiber-optic Cables (652 KB)
- FA-M3 - YHLS Master Module YHLS Slave Units (for implementing high-speed remote I/O) (455 KB)
- FA-M3 - Range-free Multi-controller -Discontinued Modules- (1.0 MB)
- EJA-E Series HART 5/HART 7 Communication (2.7 MB)
- FA-M3 Modules Comply with RoHS (2011/65/EU) (179 KB)
- FA-M3 Value (with Base, Supply, Sequence CPU and D I/O Modules) (549 KB)
- Memory Card Module (116 KB)
- FA - M3V New Products Introduction (2.7 MB)
- FA-M3/e-RT3 List of End-of-Sale Products (472 KB)
- FA-M3 Modbus TCP Server Application Note (128 KB)
- FA-M3 PLC High Value Identifier Application Note (197 KB)
- FA-M3 Program Block Control Application Note (115 KB)
- FA-M3 Using Local Devices in Blocks and Macros Application Note (119 KB)
- Introduction to Programming for Positioning Modules (3.3 MB)
- Positioning Module (F3YP22/24/28), ToolBox for Positioning Module (for F3YP22/24/28) New Products Introduction (767 KB)
- Range-free Controller FA-M3R Migration Guide for Obsoleted Models (1.0 MB)
- Range-free Multi-controller FA-M3R New Product Introduction Positioning Module (795 KB)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us