Control Network Vnet/IP
Use the Latest Information Technology
Vnet/IP is able to use the latest general-purpose communications equipment.
- For each application, customers have a variety of network devices to choose from:
- Optical transmission units for ultra-long distances, explosion-proof adapters, etc.
- Bus repeaters from Yokogawa and other vendors
- The use of commercial-off-the-shelf network devices can reduce costs.
- Greater flexibility in network design is assured.
Highly Reliable Real-time Communications
The high reliability and real-time speed required for control system communications.
- Incorporation of field-proven V net functions
- Redundant configuration and quick bus switching
- Close connection with V net via V net routers
Integration of Non-CENTUM Components
With its ability to handle both general-purpose and control communications data, Vnet/IP provides a suitable platform for the integration of network communications.
- Connection with non-CENTUM components
Improved Communication Performance
Thanks to the improved throughput made possible by the use of Ethernet communications, the number of stations that can be connected in a single domain is no longer restricted.
- The use of master coefficients has been eliminated.
- There is no limit to the number of HIS units that can be connected.
- Systems are using ever greater numbers of HMI units, with some systems now reporting 16 units or more. With Vnet/IP, there is no need to divide a domain to accommodate more HIS units.
Collection of Detailed Network Status Information
- With Vnet/IP systems, detailed network status information can be obtained even without the use of special tools. If a network failure occurs, customers have access to all the detailed information they need to significantly reduce the length of a plant shutdown.
Station Status Window
- Displays changes in the network configuration
- Using this feature, it is now easier to locate failures.
Domain Status Window
- Displays status information on communications between domains