Control Network Vnet/IP
Use the Latest Information Technology
Benefit from advances in IT by using the latest general-purpose equipment.
- A variety of network devices can be selected depending on the application.
- Optical transmission units for ultra-long distances, explosion-proof adapters, etc.
- Free from the limitation of using Yokogawa's own bus repeater
- The use of commercially available network devices reduces costs.
- Highly flexible networks can be designed.
Highly Reliable Real-time Communications
Enabling communication suitable for control systems with high reliability, and real-time speed.
- Communication incorporating field-proven V net functions
- Redundant configuration and quick bus switching
- Close connection with V net via V net routers
Integration of Non-CENTUM Components
Both open and control communication data can be transferred via Vnet/IP, enabling the configuration of a platform that facilitates a future integration of the open and control communications.
- Enabling non-CENTUM components to be connected.
Improved Communication Performance
Thanks to improved communication performance, there is no restriction as to the maximum number of stations that can be connected in a single domain, facilitating system expansion.
- The use of master coefficients has been eliminated.
- Unlike V net, there is no limit to the number of HIS units that can be connected.
- The number of HMI units that are being connected in systems is on the increase, with some systems now reporting 16 units or more. With Vnet/IP, the connection of large numbers of HIS units does not cause domains to be divided.
Detecting Detailed Network Statuses
- With Vnet/IP systems, detailed network status information can be obtained even without the use of special tools. If a network failure occurs, customers can get detailed information and greatly reduce the length of a plant shutdown.
Station Status Window
- Displays change depending on the network configuration
- Failure location detection is easier than with V net
Domain Status Window
- Displays status information on communications between domains