When a vortex shedder is installed in a process flow line, the regular Karman vortex street is shed at the downstream of the shedder. This UYF200 Ultrasonic Vortex Flow Meter uses this principle to detect the shed vortices by ultrasonic waves. The associated converter provides a pulse output and a 4 to 20mA DC signal proportional to the flow rate.
- This simply structured model without moving or sealing parts offers excellent reliability and durability. The flow route involves only a vortex shedder that is cast integral with the flow tube.
- The generated vortex frequency is detected by ultrasonic sensor fixed on the outside of the piping section. The sensor and fluid do not come into contact with each other.
- The ultrasonic sensor can be on-line removed if required. (only available for flange type)
- As the range of temperature and fluid pressure are wide, this model is ideal for a variety of liquids. n Output is directly proportional to volume flow rate. The output of 4 to 20 mA DC and pulse can be obtained simultaneously.
- With the Indicator/Totalizer, the totalized flow as well as instantaneous flow rate in engineering unit or percent (%) of span can be displayed. Alternative display is also possible.
- With the BRAIN communication function, it is easy to set parameters by BRAIN TERMINAL (BT200). Also it is possible to make on-line communication with computer in the case of 4 to 20 mA DC output.
Vortex flow meters were put into practical use in the 1970's; thus their history is relatively short. They have been mainly used at petrochemical plants because of their two main features, the fact that they do not have any mechanical moving parts and are maintenance-free. Yokogawa started research and development on the vortex flow meter before 1970.
Potřebujete víc informací o lidech, technologii a řešeních?Kontaktuje nás