- Emergency interlock circuits for petrochemical plants and other facilities must be independent of the main control system.
- The YS80 Rack Instrument interfaces not only with field devices and upstream control systems, but also with emergency interlock circuits guarding against process abnormalities.
- The YS80 Rack Instrument is currently a part of many emergency interlock systems, and has had great successes. Even when converting these existing control systems to DCS, you can continue to use the YS80 Series Rack Instrument by simply upgrading to Style S (excluding some models), the YS80's successor.
- Target facilities: Ethylene, propylene, oil stockpiling, and LPG facilities
- Application: Emergency shut-off, fire prevention and fire-fighting equipment
Advantages of the YS80
The I/O specifications, terminal arrangement, and outer appearance of the YS80 Rack Instrument are completely compatible with the previous model. The YS80 Rack Instrument can be upgraded without changing I/O terminals by simply replacing internal components, thereby reducing rework time and expense.
Chemical plants rely on continuous and batch production processes, each posing different requirements for a control system. A continuous process calls for a robust and stable control system that will not fail and cause the shutdown of a production line, whereas the emphasis with a batch process is on having a control system that allows great flexibility in making adjustments to formulas, procedures, and the like. Both kinds of systems need to be managed in available quality history of product, and to be able to execute non-routine operations. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced systems engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process.
Yokogawa has long served customers in the specialty and fine chemicals market. With a market leading batch solution that offers the best in class reliability and flexibility as well as industry experts who understand the complex requirements in designing a batch solution, you can be assured that in your partnership with Yokogawa you will have a system that will enable you to produce products that meet your customers’ needs in the future while maintaining safety and regulatory compliance.