Temperature monitoring in a dryer
- Temperature monitoring at various drying stages
- Distance from the first measurement point to the control room is approx. 130 meters.
- Switchover of existing temperature monitoring system from off-line to on-line.
- Manual temperature reading requires walking about 130 m and climbing up and down elevated sections of the dryer stages.
- Multiple temperature measurement points along the various stages of the dryer require many cables to the control room.
- Very high humidity.
- Wireless temperature measurement
Gateway x1, Transmitter (YTA) x2 at measuring points near the dryer entry point, repeater x2 (for redundancy).
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
The PER (packet error rate) was 0%.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
Yokogawa has been serving the bulk chemical market globally and is the recognized leader in this market. With products, solutions, and industry expertise, Yokogawa understands your market and production needs and will work with you to provide a reliable, and cost effective solution through the lifecycle of your plant.
Petrochemical companies’ needs are extremely diverse. To come out ahead in today’s highly competitive marketplace, producers are striving to improve quality and productivity. Yokogawa provides tailor-made solutions for these needs based on its long and wide-ranging experience in this field.
Related Products & Solutions
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway comply to the wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA), and relays ISA100 Device data to the system via integrated backbone router. Single unit of YFGW710 has integrated functions of backbone router, system manager, security manage, and gateway.
YTA510 Wireless Temperature Transmitter
The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.
The flexibility of wireless solutions enables less investment in infrastructure while providing greater insights into plant operations.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.