Temperature monitoring in a dryer
- Temperature monitoring at various drying stages
- Distance from the first measurement point to the control room is approx. 130 meters.
- Switchover of existing temperature monitoring system from off-line to on-line.
- Manual temperature reading requires walking about 130 m and climbing up and down elevated sections of the dryer stages.
- Multiple temperature measurement points along the various stages of the dryer require many cables to the control room.
- Very high humidity.
- Wireless temperature measurement
Gateway x1, Transmitter (YTA) x2 at measuring points near the dryer entry point, repeater x2 (for redundancy).
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
The PER (packet error rate) was 0%.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway comply to the wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA), and relays ISA100 Device data to the system via integrated backbone router. Single unit of YFGW710 has integrated functions of backbone router, system manager, security manage, and gateway.