Based on proven FlowCam technology, the FlowCam Cyano automatically identifies cyanobacteria from other algae and particles in aquatic samples.
Using a patent-pending combination of excitation wavelength, phycocyanin fluorescence measurement, and image recognition software, the system automates what was previously done using manual microscopy. After differentiating the cyanobacteria from the other algae in the sample, VisualSpreadsheet software can be used to further characterize specific types of algae found in the sample using 40+ physical parameters.
Pictured here: mixed freshwater collage of water sample imaged on the FlowCam Cyano, library of Anabaena images, library of Microcystis images
Typical FlowCam Cyano Applications:
- Detection and verification of cyanobacteria presence
- Biovolume calculation
- Cell density calculation (including for colonial and filamentous cyanobacteria)
- Proactive treatment operations
FlowCam Cyano Offers:
- High-sensitivity fluorescence detection (2 channels, phycocyanin and chlorophyll)
- Ratiometric fluorescence to discriminate cyanobacteria from other algae
- Classification using 40+ physical parameters measured from each cell
- Integral biovolume calculations
- Our intelligent image recognition and analysis software VisualSpreadsheet
- Faster and easier analysis than manual microscopy
Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies, Inc. manufactures industry-leading particle analysis instrumentation based on digital imaging technology. The FlowCam is the first automated particle analysis instrument to use digital imaging to measure size and shape (including 40+ morphological characteristics) of microscopic particles in a fluid medium. With applications in municipal water, biopharmaceutical formulations, chemicals, oil and gas, biofuels, food & beverage, aquatic research, and many other markets, Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies continues to lead the way in imaging particle analysis.
FlowCam and VisualSpreadsheet are trade mark.
YOKOGAWA will contribute to technology evolution particularly in measurement and analytical tools to help build a world where researchers will increasingly focus on insightful interpretation of data, and advancing Life Science to benefit humanity.