Notice relating to the Data Privacy Act (RA 10173)
Handling of Personal Information
This Notice has been prepared pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA 10173) to define what personal data (as defined in the Act) that Yokogawa Philippines, Inc. (hereinafter “YPI”) may collect, use or disclose, and how YPI protects such personal data. YPI seeks to maintain the trust and confidence of all its customers and prospective customers in its handling of personal data.
Information YPI Collects and Uses
YPI may collect from time to time information related to each individual person or entity –
The name, residential address, mailing address, employer's name, employee number, department name, position/designation, government ID number and details, phone number, opinions, and the like --that is electronically transmitted or physically supplied to YPI by users.
Information and data generated in the ordinary course of business relationship with YPI, including but not limited to signatures, answers to questions intended for security verification, follow up on queries or quotations such as:-
Occasionally hiring of other companies to provide limited services on YPI’s behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering user questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. YPI will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
For online services, under normal circumstances, users may use most of the services provided through websites run by YPI or on the Internet, without disclosing user’s personal information. For specific services, however, users may be asked to provide his/her personal information or data, in which case YPI or its partners shall be required to keep such information/data confidential. YPI is fully aware of the importance of safeguarding the privacy of such information when handling electronic information. In some cases, YPI may subcontract the management of a specific website, whole or a part thereof, to an outside firm that YPI deems to be trustworthy. The personal information of each individual user is also protected in these cases under YPI’s rules of handling personal information.
In all cases, YPI will expressly state why such information is necessary, so that customers or prospective customers may provide the information at their own discretion. YPI will not disclose personal information provided by users to any party, other than YPI itself or YPI's affiliates or business partners, without prior permission from the users, except in cases where YPI provides its commissioned trader with such information necessary for a trade to be executed. Circumstances may arise where, personal information may be subject to disclosure on a need to know basis under the following circumstances:-
1. Where a settlement needs to be made for using pay services or purchasing products, YPI may exchange personal information with firms, including without limitation, financial institutions, in order to check the validity of bank accounts and/or credit cards;
2. YPI may disclose personal information in case such disclosure is mandatory under applicable laws or is reasonably judged to be essential in order to protect and safeguard the rights, property and safety of other users, YPI itself, and/or YPI's affiliates;
3. For the purpose of product development, identification of business needs, and sales promotion, YPI may use personal information, personal opinions, and the like presented by users, although such use shall be limited only to YPI itself and YPI's affiliates and business partners;
4. YPI may use the IP addresses of users recorded in the system, in order to explore the cause of or solution to any problem arising in servers, or to administer its websites;
5. Where for strategic or other business reasons, YPI decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise re-organize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is YPI's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions;
6. Credit information bureaus, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority searches or inquiries, and in the event of any default, debt collection agencies where necessary;
7. Any person or entity to whom YPI is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure pursuant to legal process, or pursuant to any other foreign or domestic legal and/or regulatory obligation or request, or agreement entered into by any of them and any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, or between or among any two or more domestic or foreign governmental authorities, or in connection with or to any bodies or associations which YPI is required to or expected to comply, including disclosure to courts, tribunals and/or legal, regulatory, tax and government authorities, whether suck legal process, obligation, request, requirement or agreement is currently existing or created in future;
8. Any person or entity which is part of YPI and is under a duty of confidentiality to the disclosing YPI entity, although only to the extent necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes permissible;
In all the above Permitted Purposes, YPI will accept, to a reasonable extent, such possible user requests as making corrections or deletions to personal information presented by users.
This website may contain links to other websites. YPI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Nothing in this Notice limits or seeks to limit the User’s rights under the Act.
For queries and inquiries about the personal information protection policy of YPI, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Yokogawa Philippines, Inc.
Topy Industries Bldg., #3 Economia Street