eServ makes a difference, setting you free from complex equipment maintenance and reducing failures. It was developed by incorporating more than 20 years of expertise and achievements in equipment maintenance, and know-how gained from 360 domestic and overseas sites and 5,000 users.
It is 10 years since the first version of eServ released. eServ has been enhancing its user-operability and applying customer's requirements periodically.
eServ has diverse capabilities and allows various approaches for every technician, making a real difference.
eServ Preventive Maintenance Reform
When important data is stored on paper or in Excel worksheets through daily work, it gradually becomes difficult to browse historical records. By using information such as spare parts, figures, and work history, eServ can quickly respond to troubles in various work places, thus reducing production losses and wasted efforts caused by equipment troubles, process lock-down, etc.
eServ also facilitates preventive maintenance planning by recording maintenance procedures and check points. A sustainable plant with the required integrity and reliability will be actualized by shifting to strategic and pre-emptive preventive maintenance from the traditional style of breakdown maintenance (MOSMS-000-001-ver1-2007).
Application of eServ to Industry
eServ is not limited to a particular industry and type of business. It can be applied to any industry, and even for aftersales service for products delivered to customers, including medical devices, computers, and network equipment.
Currently, eServ is expanding into the pharmaceutical and renewable energy industry, including solar power, wind power, and biomass.
- Oil and gas stockpiling
- Logistics and warehousing
- Public facilities
- Fiber Material
- Resin treatment
- Medical equipment
- Water resources and environment
- Electric equipment
- Network equipment
- Engineering service
- Data centers
- Electric power (thermal, wind power, biomass)
- Amusement facilities, etc.
To detect issues in safety or maintenance correctly, eServ reforms maintenance transactions for improving the quality of management and maximizing the operating ratio of production equipment. It is effective for more than just equipment maintenance.
Functions group for maintenance management
- Functions group management - Required for completion of the PDCA cycle in areas where maintenance operations are indispensable
- Equipment ledger management - Handling of requests for maintenance operations
- Simple - No need to master management
- Flexible searching of registered information
Maintenance history statistics analyzer for measuring maintenance effects and improving activities
- Measurement of maintenance effects - To optimize management
- Report management - For completion of the PDCA cycle for maintenance operations
Total equipment management
- Equipment management - For consistent traceability and arrangement management delivered to the customer
- Customized management - Can choose management hierarchy by utility or equipment for customers
Support of device lifecycle management for Yokogawa products
- Users can register Yokogawa devices by entering just the Serial No., and retrieve the Tag No., Equipment Name, Model Suffix Code and other information automatically.*1
*1 Only for Yokogawa devices which are registered in Yokogawa’s Product Information site. Contact your sales rep for details.
- Users can search for compatible devices by specifying the model suffix code in case of device failure.
- E.g. connect to the customer’s system, such as ERP
- eServ can handle a wealth of data and make it easy to view, with a user-friendly interface.
Synergy with SNS
- eServ bundles “Chatter”, a secure in-company SNS tool.
- By using mobile devices, work-related messages and notices with images can easily be transmitted, encouraging communication within teams.
- eServ is a cloud-based service. Cloud-based services offer many advantages over conventional systems. Refer to “System Requirements” for details.
- Multi-language and currency support
- Outputs reports and results required for measuring management effects and making improvements.
- Drill-down function, ranging from measuring management effects for company managers, to useful analysis for daily improvements in the field.
Equipment ledger management
- Management system for production equipment:
- Manage equipment ledger and equipment specifications
- User Custom Search View
- Users can create views by defining search conditions.
Work request management
- Manage work requests to the maintenance division.
Failure information management
Schedule and history management
- Manage maintenance planning and history information – The monthly work schedule can be confirmed from the annual schedule list.
- Annual work schedule can be confirmed from the long-term planning viewer.
- Annual work plans can be made in the long-term planning editor with the simulation functionality.
- Inventory management and Partsparts master management required for repair
Strategic investment to reduce maintenance cost and achieve long-term stable operation
Conventionally, companies wanted a system that would reduce maintenance cost. Prolonged plant lock-downs and recalls cause major problems and huge damages. Failure of production equipment could cost a company more than 100 million yen annually.
But now, the focus has shifted to long-term stable, safe operation of production facilities and utility equipment, which are the source of profit for a company. Systematization of maintenance operations is indispensable. eServ assists such systematization of maintenance operations and thus reduces the failure rate.
To improve the safe operating ratio of production equipment and breakdown maintenance
For some customers manufacturing particular products on a production line or assembly process, their main activity is breakdown maintenance due to frequent failures.
The purpose of maintenance is to raise the safe operating ratio by reducing prolonged lock-down caused by failures. When it is possible to understand correctly the circumstances of failures and shorten the recovery time based on past data, it enables a shift from breakdown maintenance to preventive maintenance. eServ improves maintenance operations and raises the safe operating ratio.
Avoiding excessive preventive maintenance
For some customers manufacturing particular products in a continuous process, their main activity is preventive maintenance at a constant cycle.
This maintenance style leads to too much maintenance, because maintenance and inspections are conducted regardless of the amount of product manufacture or operating hours.
The cycles and procedures for proper preventive maintenance can be developed by understanding correctly the circumstances of failures and the conditions of production facilities and utility equipment. eServ supports proper preventive maintenance.
Ideally, the maintenance and manufacturing divisions should work together and share information, but this rarely happens in practice. eServ's information-exchange function greatly promotes such communication.
eServ is a web application on Salesforce Japan.
Needs only Internet access and a browser on a PC.
Merits of the Cloud
Save costs and improve plant safety
No software and hardware costs, increased activities for cybersecurity, disaster recovery, system maintenance, version upgrade etc.
Secure customer support.
A wealth of system resources
Abundant system resources can be used at low cost. They include multi-server operation, availability record beyond 99.95% and ensured response of less than 300 milliseconds per page.
Certified for various security standards (including those of financial institutions). Outstanding information confidentiality compared with systems running on in-house servers.
Efficient system monitoring and operation
Eliminates the work needed for operating the system, such as server maintenance, backups and troubleshooting. System management is much more efficient, saving labor.
Latest operating environment at all times
The latest applications are always available.
No need for server upgrades
Upgrades to the server, operating system, database software, etc. are not needed.
To run eServ, you only need an Internet connection, a computer running Windows (excluding mobile operating systems) and a web browser.
At Shionogi, the facility maintenance management system eHOZEN, the pr edecessor of eServ, has been used for about 10 years. However, due to the aging of servers and systems, they have begun considering renewing the system with the latest one. When considering this, suggestions from several vendors were received assuming that the system package safely migrates data assets accumulated on the current server and meets the following requirements:
Kyowa Hakko Bio monitors vibration trends with Yokogawa's Sushi Sensors to prevent unexpected equipment failures.
By using eServ, sensor data and maintenance information are shared with everyone involved in manufacturing.
The introduction of eServ has resulted in a centralized system of facility information. The reason for the loss of production opportunities has become clear, and it has become possible for all members to follow up the progress of the measures.
YOKOGAWA creates autonomous operations with high-efficiency automation and optimization that allows growth with minimal deployment of manpower.
YOKOGAWA aspires to establish Smart GMP manufacturing facilities that provide consistent quality and supply while eliminating industrial waste, enhancing productivity and always using high-quality component parts and materials.
Cauți mai multe informații despre oamenii noștri, tehnologie și soluții?Contactează-ne