In the gas metering skid of pipeline, gas compensation equations is used to execute the correction for compressibility and super compressibility and to get compensated flow at normal, standard or reference pressure and temperature. Yokogawa provides controller embedded flow calculation library based on AGA (American Gas Association) reports.
Meter APPF in Gas Pipeline Metering
- Eliminates cost for flow computer
- A quick response to I/O and fast calculation result
- Storing daily data on non-volatile flash memory for 35 days
- Easy integration with SCADA or Local display
Flow equations are based on the standards following: AGA Report No. 3: Orifice metering of natural gas and other related hydrocarbon fluids (Also ISO 5167) AGA Report No. 7: Turbine metering of natural gas is required. This portfolio uses the pulse train from turbine meter and some parameters as inputs in order to perform the calculation of natural gas flow. AGA Report No. 8: Compressibility factors of natural gas and other related hydrocarbon gases
Yokogawa offers the flow calculation for metering solution as an APPF (Application Portfolio) on the STARDOM autonomous controller, FCN/FCJ. Combining the IEC 61131-3 language with powerful 32-bit processor, Yokogawa will provide flow computer with quick response to I/O and fast calculation result. Furthermore, due to high memory capacity of FCN/FCJ, Meter APPF will store 35 days daily average data (Pressure, Differential Pressure, Temperature, Flow and 2 user defined variables), and the history of the last 70 parameter changes. The Meter APPF calculates the flow accuracy in real time, considering the uncertainty of all measures involved. Data setting regarding Natural Gas composition can be made manually or automatically by online chromatograph connection (MODBUS, OPC, etc). The interface for manual data composition inputs is provided as part of Meter APPF this interface also provides historian and parameters data visualization.
Meter APPF provides:
- AGA3 flow calculations where the orifice plate (Flange taps or Pipe taps) metering of natural gas is required. This portfolio uses pressure, differential pressure, temperature and some parameters as inputs in order to perform the calculation of natural gas flow.
- AGA7 flow calculations where turbine metering of natural gas is required. This portfolio uses the pulse train from turbine meter and some parameters as inputs in order to perform the calculation of natural gas flow.
- AGA8 super-compressibility. This portfolio uses pressure, natural gas composition and temperature as inputs in order to perform the calculation of compressibility gas factor.
- AGACOM makes all interfaces of AGA blocks with physical inputs, making unit conversion and making data consistency.
- AGAHIST prepares data for recording to flash memory. It will store 35 days daily average data (Pressure, Differential Pressure, Temperature, Flow and 2 user defined variables), and the history of the last 70 parameter changes.
AGA solution from YOKOGAWA enables new Gas & Oil application that is cost effective, reliable and good performer.
Offshore (FPSO FLNG & FSRU)
Offshore exploration and production requires maximum uptime under harsh conditions. Manned and unmanned facilities need reliable integrated control and safety systems (ICSS) with advanced remote monitoring capabilities. Yokogawa has state-of-the-art technology and extensive experience in executing offshore projects of all sizes and automation levels of complexity.
Ropa i gaz
Yokogawa has a wealth of experience in every part of the oil and gas business, from offshore and onshore facilities to pipelines, terminals, and deepwater operations. We provide solutions that enhance safety, ensure accurate and reliable operation, and increase plant efficiency.
The upstream industry includes offshore and onshore activities including wellhead automation, fractionation, completion, and separation to recover and prepare underground or underwater crude oil and natural gas.
As petroleum is brought to the surface, it must be separated prior to transport. Primary and secondary separation stages commonly distribute gas flow, water flow, and oil flow in three phase separation. Gas movement requires pipeline and can include a fractionation process in the upstream stage prior to movement. Liquids can be placed into a tanks or pipelines and sent for processing, requiring accurate level measurements.
Powiązane produkty i rozwiązania
FCJ All-in-one PLC/RTU
The brick type model FCJ autonomous controller fulfills the basic requirements of the utility control. It also provides the reliability for the SCADA communication with network redundant capability.
Process Control PLC/RTU
From process plants to remote locations, our process control PLC and Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) help users maximize operational excellence.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.