- Easy Setup: Field Wireless
- Cut back on troublesome wiring, reducing setup costs.
- Traditional wired connections can easily be switched to a wireless solution.
- ISA100.11a International Wireless Communication Standard2
- Advanced encryption maintains communication security.
- Multi-vendor communication supports transmitters from a variety of manufacturers.
- Reliable, Fast, 8-ch Multipoint Measurements
- 8 ch universal input: Perfect for multipoint measurement applications.
- High performance measurements with intervals as fast as 1 sec (3 ch), or 2 sec (8 ch).
- Superb environmental tolerance:
Operating temperature of -40 to 85°C
(-40 to 185°F)3;
Protection level of IP66/IP67 & NEMA 4X.
- Explosion protection
- FM, CSA: Intrinsically safe Approval, non-incendive (Class I) Approval
- ATEX, IECEx: Intrinsically safe Approval
- TIIS: Intrinsically safe Approval
- Easy Battery Maintenance
- Typical battery life is 6 years (measuring at 60 seconds intervals).
- Battery packs can be swapped even in hazardous areas.
- Supporting Plant Wide Field Wireless
- Full Redundancy(Duplicate, Duocast)
- Remote Antenna + Extension cable
- Does not support explosion proof standards for 4 to 20 mA DC signal input.
- Industrial wireless communication standard from the International Society of Automation (ISA).
- TIIS: –20 to 60°C
FM, CSA, ATEX, IECEx: –50 to 70°C
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business and stands for excellence in the related technology and solutions. It consists of categories and families under each category. This product belongs to the OpreX Field Instruments family that is aligned under the OpreX Measurement category.
|Wireless specifications||Communication protocol||ISA100.11a protocol|
|Frequency||2400 - 2483.5 MHz license free ISM band|
|Data rate||250 kbps|
|RF Transmitter power||Max. 11.6 dBm (fixed)|
|Radio security||AES 128 bit codified|
|Antenna||+2 dBi Omni directional type|
|Standard specifications||Accuracy||Please refer to GS 04R01B01-01EN.|
|Battery life||Generally 6 years under the following conditions1: update time 60 sec, device role I/O functions only, ambient temperature 23°C ±2°C, LED indicator off|
|Functional specifications||Input channels||8 points|
|Input signal||Thermocouples: B,E,J,K,N,R,S,T (IEC584)
RTD: Pt100,Pt200,Pt500 (IEC751) 2-,3-, and 4-wire
DCV2: mV (-10 to 100 mV), V (-0.01 to 1 V)
Ohm: Resistance 2-,3-, and 4-wire (0 to 2000 Ω)
Current2: mA (4 to 20 mA, with external shunt resistors)
|Update period||1 sec to 60 min selectable (up to 2 seconds with 4 ch or more)|
|Power supply||Lithium thionyl chloride (size Dx2) battery|
|Enclosure||IP66/IP67, NEMA Type 4X|
|Operating ambient temperature||-40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)|
|Certification/Conformity||Explosion protect||FM,CSA,ATEX,IECEx,TIIS: Intrinsically safe
FM,CSA: Nonincendive approval
|EMC||EN61326-1 Class A Table 2 (For use in industrial locations), EN61326-2-3, EN 301 489-1, EN 301 489-17|
|Regulation Conformity of the Wireless Module||• FCC Approval
• IC Approval
• Japanese Radio Law
|R&TTE Conformity Standards||ETSI EN 300 328, ETSI EN 301 489-1,ETSI EN 301 489-17, EN60950-1, EN62311|
|Safety Standards||EN61010-1, EN61010-2-030
CSA C22.2 No.61010-1-12, CSA C22.2 No.61010-2-030-12
UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-030 (CSA NRTL/C)
- Actual battery life will vary depending on operating temperatures, vibration, and other environmental factors.
- Does not support explosion proof standards.
System Configuration Example
Wireless Multi-Input Temperature Transmitter YTMX580 can accept inputs from up to 8 points, and contribute to your CAPEX cost reduction.
Caustic soda and hydrochloric acid, produced in electrolyzer plants, are fundamental materials used in varieties of industries; chemicals, pharmaceuticals, petrol-chemicals, pulp and papers, etc. Profit is the result of the effective production with minimized running / maintenance cost. Proper control of the process brings you stabilized quality of products with the vast operational profit.
Delayed Coker is a type of coker who's process consists of heating residual oil feed to its thermal cracking temperature in a furnace. The most important variable in industrial furnace control is temperature. Temperature is measured throughout the furnace in different zones and temperature effects the materials being manufactured and therefore must be precisely monitored to prevent deviations in quality of the final product.
Direct Reduction Iron (DRI) is one of the processes to reduce oxygen from iron oxide pellets for steel plant. More than 90% of DRI processes use heated LNG as process gas where PID control for temperature or interlock control is of vital importance.
Since 2010, Yokogawa has been providing wireless products conforming to the ISA100.11a wireless communication standard for industrial automation (IA). As a new addition to the lineup, Yokogawa has developed the YTMX580 multi-input temperature transmitter. Like the YTA510 temperature transmitter, YTMX580 is driven by batteries, but the number of its inputs has been increased from two to eight.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us