Oil heaters are used in the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries to control the temperature of crude and reagent inside storage tanks and keep it within a certain range. Since the temperature of each point in the tank varies, you can avoid having to control the temperature of individual points by taking the average temperature and using the result as a control input value. With conventional controllers it was necessary to install several external computing units, but with the SMARTDAC+ measuring and control station the averaging is performed with an internal computing function, and the result can be input for controlling temperature.
- Input from multiple temperature sensors installed inside of the tank
- Calculate averaged temperature value from six varying points
- Carries out temperature control by using the average as a control input value
Oil Heater Average Value Control Process
- Local controller that provides reliable, 24-hour, 365-day continuous operation
- Calculate the average temperature from six varying points
- Control temperature by using the results of averaging as control input values
- Less programming solution
- Record steam pressure, flow, and other phenomena for total system monitoring
- Take multiple temperature data from the oil heater with GX20 and GX90XA
- Calculate average value from input values with MATH option (/MT)
- Realize ideal temperature control of oil heater using average value as EXPV
- Measurement, display and recording of multiple points of analogue input are available with a single GX20 unit
- Ethernet communication is available as standard function. It enables facilitates remote monitoring from control room
- Simple user interface and less programming solution with mathematical option
- High reliable recording and control unit including disconnected sensor detection
- Integrate average calculation, control and recording function into one device
- Saving space and cost for installing instruments
SMARTDAC+ Paperless Recorder / Data Logger
A broad range of data collection and control with excellent reliability and user-friendliness
Touch Screen GX10/GX20, GP10/GP20
- Vertical panel mount
- 12.1" TFT color LCD
- Up to 100 channels (built-in), 450 channels (with expansion unit)
- Maximum 1.2 GB internal memory
- Up to 32 GB SD/SDHC card
- Ethernet (built-in)
PID Control Module GX90UT
- 2 loops per module
- 2 analog inputs: universal input
- 2 control outputs: current, voltage pulse
- 8 Digital inputs, 8 Digital outputs (Open corrector)
- Control interval: 100ms, 200ms
- 4 alarm per loop
Chemical plants rely on continuous and batch production processes, each posing different requirements for a control system. A continuous process calls for a robust and stable control system that will not fail and cause the shutdown of a production line, whereas the emphasis with a batch process is on having a control system that allows great flexibility in making adjustments to formulas, procedures, and the like. Both kinds of systems need to be managed in available quality history of product, and to be able to execute non-routine operations. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced systems engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process.
Chimie de base
Yokogawa has been serving the bulk chemical market globally and is the recognized leader in this market. With products, solutions, and industry expertise, Yokogawa understands your market and production needs and will work with you to provide a reliable, and cost effective solution through the lifecycle of your plant.
Chimie fine et de spéciclité
Yokogawa has long served customers in the specialty and fine chemicals market. With a market leading batch solution that offers the best in class reliability and flexibility as well as industry experts who understand the complex requirements in designing a batch solution, you can be assured that in your partnership with Yokogawa you will have a system that will enable you to produce products that meet your customers’ needs in the future while maintaining safety and regulatory compliance.
Petrochemical companies’ needs are extremely diverse. To come out ahead in today’s highly competitive marketplace, producers are striving to improve quality and productivity. Yokogawa provides tailor-made solutions for these needs based on its long and wide-ranging experience in this field.
Vrac et pétrochimie
Whether you produce petrochemicals, inorganics or intermediates, chemical companies are under cost and margin pressures to deliver products in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining safe and compliant operations. Additionally, chemical companies need to adjust to fluctuating feedstock and energy prices and to provide the most profitable product mix to the market.
Yokogawa has been serving the automation needs of the bulk chemical market globally and is the recognized leader in this market. With products, solutions, and industry expertise, Yokogawa understands your market and production needs and will work with you to provide a reliable, and cost effective solution through the lifecycle of your plant.
Les produits et solutions liés
SMARTDAC+TM GM10 data logger has a modular architecture that can acquire necessary data. By supporting not only I/O but also many communication protocols such as 920MHz wireless, Modbus and so on. Monitor and setting changes are available through Bluetooth. Supporting FDA 21 CFR Part11 and AMS2750E/NADCAP.
Touch Screen GP10/GP20
The SMARTDAC+TM GP10/GP20 is a portable paperless recorder with a modular architecture on the back panel and has a data logging function to acquire the required data. By supporting not only I/O but also many communication protocols, you can connect to various devices. AI function as standard. Supporting FDA 21 CFR Part11 and AMS2750E/NADCAP.
Touch Screen Paperless Recorder GX10/GX20
The SMARTDAC+TM GX10/GX20 is a panel mount paperless recorder with a modular architecture on the back panel and has a data logging function to acquire the required data. By supporting not only I/O but also many communication protocols, you can connect to various devices. AI function as standard. Supporting FDA 21 CFR Part11 and AMS2750E/NADCAP.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.