There are two basic sensor styles used for measuring Conductivity: Contacting and Inductive (Toroidal, Electrodeless).
With Inductive Conductivity (also called Toroidal or Electrodeless), the sensing elements (electrode coils) of an inductive sensor do not come in direct contact with the process. These two matched (identical) coils are encapsulated in PEEK (or Teflon) protecting them from the adverse effects of the process.
There is only one cell factor (constant) for the ISC40 Inductive Sensor. It covers nearly the entire conductivity measurement range ~ 50-2,000,000 µS/cm. Only on the low end (below 50 µS) does the accuracy of the sensor suffer.
The ISC40 Inductive sensor is virtually maintenance free.
Depending on your region there is either an ISC40G/ISC40S series or ISC40GJ/ISC40SJ series offered.
The accuracy is 0.5% of reading plus 0.5 microS/cm for any conductivity value, whether measured in rinse water or in concentrated acids. The materials of construction ensure a long life under harsh industrial conditions.
The erosion/abrasion resistant PEEK (Poly Ether Ether Ketone), which also features excellent chemical resistance in all solutions except fluoric acid or oxidizing concentrated acids. The ultimate material in terms of chemical resistance is the PFA (Teflon) for applications in hydrofluoric acid and oxidizing concentrated acids (nitric, sulfuric, oleum).
The ISC40G and ISC40s are available in PEEK (sensor type GG) for general use. In applications where sample is aggressive to Peek we offer the sensor in Teflon (Sensor type TG).
The ISC40 sensor is provided with a rugged Stainless Steel mounting thread, nut and gasket combination for ultimate flexibility in installation using bulk head installation technique. There is also a wide range of holders and options available for reliable in-line or off-line installation with double O-ring seals for long service life of the sensor. Additional models are available for use in Ball-Valve Insertion applications and in Sanitary Flange installations.
Both sensors have a large bore for optimal resistance to fouling processes and when properly installed, the flow will keep the sensor clean preventing measuring errors.
- Inductive Conductivity technique for elimination of fouling and polarization errors.
- Wide bore sensors for long term stability.
- Installation flexibility by wide range of holders and by the use of universal bulkhead construction.
- Wide rangeability in terms of conductivity (1 μS/cm to 2 S/cm) and temperature (-20 to 130ºC).
- All applications where severe electrode fouling prevents the use of contacting electrodes.
- All ranges except the (ultra) pure water applications.
- All slurry applications where conventional systems suffer from plugging or erosion.
Depending on your region there are different versions of the holders available.
This program includes flow fittings and their subassemblies for in-line or direct mounting of conductivity sensors in piping systems. A wide choice of construction materials gives the user the best solution for any process considering chemical resistance, pressure and temperature specifications.
- Wide choice of construction materials.
- High degree of standardization to all cells.
- Easy mounting, service and removal or replacement of sensors.
- Electrolitically polished stainless steel designs for optimal corrosion resistance.
- Available with flange adapters.
Model PR10 Retractable "Hot-Tap" Holder
On-line measurements often present extra challenges, especially when routine maintenance is required. The PR10 is ideally suitable for applications where the sensors must be removed without interrupting or shutting down the process. Without any special tools the PR10 can be retracted safely from the process at pressures up to 5 bar (72 psi). The PR10 is a universal retractable assembly that can be used for all liquid measurements. The PR10 is designed to accept any commercially available pH/ORP or dissolved oxygen sensor that has a PG13.5 connection while still being backwards compatible with old Yokogawa electrodes.
For ease of use optional flush ports are available. In the retracted position the sensor can be kept moist, cleaned or even calibrated. This can all be done without process interruption or disassembly of the armature.
- One model for pH/ORP, dissolved oxygen, conductivity and inductive conductivity sensors
- All commercially available pH electrodes, such as PG13.5, SMART sensors, Vario Pin, YEF and DIN connectors can be installed in the PR10.
- Integrated protection cage
- A "scraper" is built-in to each assembly to effectively scrape or wipe off the
process from the PR10's shaft as it is being retracted from the process.
- A safe "through the valve" insertion and retraction design
- Simplified installation by optional ball valves with flanged or tapered connections
- Optional flush port accessories makes it easy to keep sensors moist (pH) and clean, and also provides access for calibration if desired.
Calibration Standard Solutions
To defray energy costs, many industrial plants have their own boilers to generate steam in order to produce a portion of their energy needs. In addition to generating power, the steam may also be used directly in plant processes or indirectly via heat exchangers or steam jacketed vessels.
Caustic soda and hydrochloric acid, produced in electrolyzer plants, are fundamental materials used in varieties of industries; chemicals, pharmaceuticals, petrol-chemicals, pulp and papers, etc. Profit is the result of the effective production with minimized running / maintenance cost. Proper control of the process brings you stabilized quality of products with the vast operational profit.
To technology in iron & steel industry is continuously improved to obtain the best possible performance. The improved plant performance gives rise to the higher quality improvement and lower cost, and simultaneously environmental friendly plant operation.
The kraft process (also known as kraft pulping or sulfate process) describes a technology for conversion of wood into wood pulp consisting of almost pure cellulose fibers. Wood chips are by harsh chemicals (white liquor) to produce pulp and spent liquor (black liquor).
Process liquid analyzers such as pH meters, conductivity meters, ORP meters, and density meters play an important role at electrolysis plants in the control of concentrations of various process solutions. This requires both precision and stability under harsh conditions that include highly corrosive substances, high temperatures, and many impurities.
Control of sodium chloride (NaCl) concentration at a salt dissolver where solid salt is dissolved in water, is highly important because of the electrolysis efficiency. A conventional way of measuring the concentration of supersaturated NaCl solution had been performed by using non-contact type sensors (e.g., γ-ray density meter) since NaCl, impurities, and precipitates are in the solution.
In a semiconductor plant, a variety of chemicals are used in various manufacturing processes. The chemicals used for specific purposes are produced by diluting raw liquid with demineralized water using in diluting equipment, and the control of the concentration at this point is performed by conductivity measurement.
In the manufacturing process of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Food & Beverage industries, the cleaning and sterilization of tanks and piping are done with various cleaning solutions, fresh or hot water and steam after manufacturing products. Clean-In-Place (CIP) is the system designed for automatic cleaning and disinfecting.
Continuous technology improvement is ongoing in the pulp & paper industry to obtain the best possible performance. The improved plant performance translates to the higher quality improvement and lower cost, and simultaneously environmental friendly plant operation.
There are numerous industrial applications where measurements and/or control of a specific chemical strength of the process is critical for optimizing the production of the end product. These specific concentrations are obtained by mixing a full strength solution with water to achieve the desired percent concentration.
- ISC40#J Inductive Conductivity Detectors,ISC40F#J Holders, Adapter,BA20 Terminal Box,WF10J Extension Cable (3.1 MB)
- Model ISC40G(S), Sensors for Inductive Conductivity Measurement
- Model ISC40FF, ISC40FS, ISC40FD sensor fittiing
- PH8E*P, OR8E*G, PH10*P, WU41, SC8SG, SC210G, SC4AJ, ISC40GJ, SA405 etc. Protection of Environment (Use in China) (142 KB)
- EU_UK Declaration of Conformity ISC40G_ISC40S 2022-10-03 (202 KB)
- FLXA21 with ISC40S RINA type approval ELE482021CS/001 (621 KB)
- ATEX ISC40 11ATEX0063X-Issue 1
- IECEx for ISC40 DEK 11.0028X-Issue 0
- FM certificate of conformity FM21US0083X (328 KB)
- CAN/CSA certificate of confirmity FM22CA0012X (309 KB)
- IECEx for ISC40 DEK 11.0028X-Issue 1 (486 KB)
- EAC certificate for sensors (1.8 MB)
- ATEX ISC40 11ATEX0063X Issue 2 (2.3 MB)
- Inductive Conductivity Sensor ISC40#J (235 KB)
- Flow-Through Type Holder ISC40FFJ-P#,ISC40FFJ-F# (35 KB)
- Inductive Conductivity System Flow-through Type Holder with Flange ISC40FFJ-P#/F##,ISC40FFJ-F#/F## (38 KB)
- Flow-Through Type Holder ISC40FFJ-SJ/FSJ2,ISC40FFJ-SA/FS2 (39 KB)
- Flow-Through Type Holder ISC40FFJ-S# (37 KB)
- Inductive Conductivity System Immersion Type Holder ISC40FDJ (67 KB)
- Direct Insertion Adapter IDF 3 inch Clamp ISC40FSJ-STWJ (28 KB)
- Inductive Conductivity Metering System Sensor Adapter (Welded type) ISC40FSJ-SCWJ (30 KB)
- Sensor Adapter (Screw-in type) ISC40FSJ-SCSJ,ISC40FSJ-PCSJ,ISC40FSJ-FCSJ (30 KB)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us