1. What is SENSTATION?
SENSTATION is a new concept that combines the Yokogawa SENCOM smart sensors with the SMART data logger and SMARTDAC+ modular data-acquisition system to provide a scalable integrated (pH) measurement solution.
2. How many wired smart sensors can be connected?
a. Sixteen in total to a GX10/20 and four to a FX1006
3. Does each sensor have a different address?
a. No, all SENCOM sensors have address one. We have created a small program to easily change the address of the sensor when connected to a PC (via USB) called the SENCOM tool.
4. How to calibrate the SENCOM sensor used with the SENSTATION?
a. This can be done with the SPS24 SENCOM calibration software. Before the calibration, each sensor address needs to be changed to address one. After the calibration the sensor can be set back to the appropriate address with the same SENCOM tool.
5. How many sensors can be connected to one galvanic Isolation box (S8000)?
a. Four SENCOM sensors can be connected to the S8000, through multidrop/ daisychain more sensors can be connected.
6. How to connect the Galvanic isolation box when more than four sensors are used ?
a. Through Multidrop /daisychain, please see below
Star or branch connection as shown in the figures below is not possible!
7. What is the IP rating of the Galvanic Isolation box (S8000)?
a. The SMARTDAC+ and FX1000 are IP54. The S8000 is IP50. It is a DIN rail type box. As an alternative it can be ordered with an IP66 (NEMA 4.4x) box with a DIN rail inside.
8. How to connect the sensors to the GX/FX
a. The colors and numbers at the connectors are the same as the wiring of the sensors. The Power supply and RS485 connections are clearly described.
9. How to program the recorder?
a. When ordering the GX20_QS8000, GX10_QS8000 or FX1006_QS8000 the files necessary for the customized display and the HART registries are already uploaded and programmed. Fine tuning can be done by a Yokogawa service engineer. For example adding a logo, process picture etc.
10. Will the solution be delivered pre-programmed?
a. The standard customized display programming will be prepared. The addresses of the ordered sensors will be changed. Additional a label with the new address will be added to the sensor.
11. Can the galvanic Isolation box be ordered separately?
a. Yes the S8000 can be ordered stand alone. The sensor types, amounts, cable lengths, amount of cables etc. are optional fields.
12. How can the SENSTATION be ordered?
a. The galvanic Isolation box will be orderable as S8000 through SAP. Optional SENSORS and Cables (and quantities) can be selected.
b. The GX10/20 and the FX1006 will be available as stockable type with _QS8000.
c. Extra options are the SPS24 software and a short cable for the calibration with the PC.
13. When is it economically interesting for my customer to buy SENSTATION?
a. Final calculation pending
14. Will the HART registries be made available?
a. Yokogawa is working on an Instruction Manual which includes the HART registries. It will be released together with the SENSTATION.
15. How is the customized display of the GX programmed?
a. Standard HMI’s for the sensors have been created.
b. Fine tuning can be done locally by a Yokogawa service engineer.
16. Is a service engineer necessary to install this at the customer?
a. We aim to deliver a complete and easy to install package. This we do by preparing all the necessary files and instructions and let ELC upload and program the recorder and sensors.
17. What is the maximum distance between isolation box and recorder for the RS485 communication?
a. We use a standard RS485 serial interface for communication between recorder and isolation box. The maximum distance for this connection is 1200 m.
b. Special RS485 cable with the impedance of 120Ω is required during high speed and long distance transmission
c. Armored shielded twisted pair (STP) cables should be adopted in strong interference environment
d. RS485 repeater or 485HUB is needed when there are more 30 devices in one RS485 data line or when the communication cable is longer than 500 meters
e. It is better not to use CAT5 or CAT5E cables as 485 communication cables for the following reasons: without shielding layers, they cannot avoid common-mode interference; as singlecore copper wires, they are easily to be broken; with a thin cable diameter (cross-sectional area of 0.2mm2), the transmission distance and the devices connected can be reduced.
18. What are the specifications of the cable between isolation box and recorder ?
a. We recommend a shielded cable (2 wires, 0.5mm2 ) (see table)
19. What is the maximum length of the cable for SENCOM sensor?
a. The available cables are 20 m and (for now) as a special an extension cable is available of 30 m. The total maximum distance is 100 meters without repeater.
20. Is it necessary to take the SENCOM Sensor to lab for calibration?
a. The SENCOM sensors need to be calibrated with the SPS24 software. This can be done in the laboratory or any other convenient location.
b. Prior to the calibration with the SPS24 software the SENCOM Tool software needs to be used to change the address of the sensor to no. 1. After the calibration the correct address needs to be uploaded again.
Op zoek naar meer informatie over onze mensen, technologie en oplossingen?