Key areas for Operational Excellence Transformation
Operational Excellence Transformation is Yokogawa and KBC’s co-innovated portfolio of solutions and services.We provide comprehensive solutions for business automation in all four areas using consulting and digital technology.
Asset Management and Integrity
Asset Management and Integrity practices are critical to ensure reliability and availability of such assets while keeping maintenances costs to a minimum, and to capitalize on short-term opportunities in the market. With domain knowledge and experience, Yokogawa and KBC ensure its customers maximize their assets' value through asset management and integrity products, services and solutions.
Key Operational Competencies in Asset Management and Integrity
- Maintenance and Integrity Strategy: Determine the best asset maintenance and integrity strategy based on equipment integrity objectives, as well as corporate and asset portfolio strategies
- Asset Care Planning: Provide systems and methodologies to optimally define the activities needed to maintain equipment in its designed operating conditions
- Reliability Assurance and Analytics: Provide analysis of equipment health to determine the best maintenance approaches.
- Defect Elimination: Identify activities that mitigate and eliminate sources of unreliability to assets or facility systems
- Inspection: Review inspections performed on equipment to identify specific maintenance activities. This will be done in coordination with, or by, the inspection group.
- Contractor Management: Manage contractors to utilize their services efficiently and effectively
- Minor Projects Delivery: Screen options, engineer and deliver low- or no-capital projects to replace existing equipment or achieve incremental improvements that are cost-effective, timely and fit for purpose
- Turnaround Maintenance: Perform special equipment maintenance to retain asset design and operational integrity. This involves longer shutdowns or outages of the unit or the system.
- Routine Maintenance: Perform normal equipment maintenance during operations to retain asset design and operational integrity. This involves short-term or low-impact shutdown of the unit or the system.
In addition, through Yokogawa’s reliability-based Asset Management portfolio, our customers can:
- Contribute directly to corporate goals and objectives ;We help our customers assess and design how they utilize their assets to achieve the following:
- Reduction in production cost per unit
- Reduction in unplanned breakdown of assets
- Increase in efficiency of maintenance operators
- Reduction in safety and environmental-related incidents
- Enable informed and operations-centric decision-making
We combine risk and reliability best practices with our customers’ actual plant operations set up to identify and focus on critical assets that drive the largest contributions in their company. By identifying critical assets – failure root causes and recommended actions – resources and requirements are prioritized accordingly, in consideration of associated risks and consequences.
·Supply Chain Optimization
- Optimize management of supply, whether oil in the ground or feedstocks for a refinery or chemical asset, in light of product market demands. This provides operators with the agility to take full advantage of market conditions.
·Asset Operations and Optimization
- Optimize the potential of physical assets, by pushing throughput and maximizing the production of the highest value products, whilst minimizing variable costs such as energy.
- Deliver small and large CAPEX projects, on time and on budget, to deliver growth and meet environmental requirements.
·Operational Risk Management
- Reliably control safety, health and environmental risk at a personal and process level. This assures the robustness required to avoid catastrophic losses.
Intelligent Asset Management
This cutting-edge technology is being increasingly adopted by various industries, and with the future inclusion of IIOT, it is deemed as a sheer necessity in a manufacturing facility where downtime / slowdown affects the bottom line results.
Challenges for Customers
Installation and testing of instrumentation are normally started after the mechanical completion of piping.
Any delay in completion of scheduled activities may delay the start-up of the plant and hence, this phase is critical for the timely completion of all activities. Comparing the cost of instrumentation against the cost of lost production for even one day, it is apparent that investing in the right tools to minimize the risk of delay pays off immediately. During operation, it is crucial to have information available in order to quickly resolve unstable process control scenarios due to malfunctioning, wrong selection or wrong installation of field equipment.
Yokogawa has the expertise and tools to intelligently manage your plant assets.
PRM, Commissioning Support Tool and Fieldmate Validator
- Auto importing of field instrument data
- Work process and reporting support
- Device criticality and plant hierarchy
Field Device Data Templates
- Sets of the most valuable parameters
- Mapping what goes to HMI and PRM
- Includes default settings for standards
Alarm and Warning Rationalization
- No alarm flooding during start-up
- Clear maintenance messages to assist predictable and preventive maintenance
Support for All Protocols
- FF, HART5, HART7, ISA100, Profibus
Tools like Insight Suite Asset Excellence (ISAE) provide exception reporting to help the decision maker to deploy the necessary resources to avoid problems and surprises.
Solutions like PRM/ISAE use simple English language prompts and visualization techniques similar to a traffic light signaling system. After initial usage, these tools assist future planning before the next shutdown by allowing certain maintenance work to be carried out with prior fault knowledge. This is a great decision support tool for planners.
During the operational phase, the tools enable the maintenance team to work more effectively thanks to specific diagnostics. The onus of detecting a faulty field device or malfunctioning loop is no longer placed on the panel operator, freeing him to focus on other activities to improve the production process.
For the top management, long-term on-demand reports explain the status of various plant assets in Excel format with a clear view of problem points. Such a data driven approached is more easily understood and included in the work flow by technical staff.
The combination of Yokogawa’s rich experience, cutting-edge technology and strategy produces many benefits for customers.
- Coordination: MAC is the single window for all field instrumentation, which results in optimized integration and asset management.
- Procurement: Unified contract management, unified ordering work process and bulk discounts
- Implementation: Integrated configuration tooling and easy change management
Installation and Commissioning
- Reduction in installation costs, including wiring cables, marshaling racks and devices
- Reduced start-up risk due to complexity of unmanaged field devices, resulting in flawless start-up based on standardized design supported by easy troubleshooting with faceplate library
- Device profiles enable intelligent device testing and troubleshooting, resulting in shorter loop checks by up to 60% using PRM Commissioning Support Package
- Reduction in downtime and easy disaster recovery
- From device maintenance to plant maintenance
- Predictive maintenance from time-based maintenance to condition-based maintenance
- Lower maintenance cost by maintaining only those devices that need it
- Quicker notification of field device status through self-diagnosis
- Prevention of unscheduled plant shutdowns due to field device failure
- Better operation through prediction of device performance
Hľadáte viac informácií o našich ľuďoch, technológiách a riešeniach?Kontaktujte nás