YEF GB296 – System Engineer (DCS & Safety)
Yokogawa UK Ltd has an exciting new opportunity, based at our offices in Runcorn, for a highly driven System Engineer (DCS & Safety) with a strong track record within the Industrial Automation Sector.
Reporting to a Customer-Centric Team Leader, your role as a System Engineer (DCS & Safety) will be to provide first-class support whilst being the technical focal point from handover by sales to project closing.
For each project, your remit will include; project initiation system design; SIL classification, project planning; detailed design; safety lifecycle, configuration; providing technical specification to procurement and supervision of suppliers; internal testing; executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test, transition to site, site installation, commissioning and Site Acceptance Test, resulting in a customer accepted and handed over system, with documents authorised by the customer; monitoring and controlling the quality of work; and formalising project closures.
Yokogawa provides advanced technologies and services in the areas of measurement, control, and information to customers across a broad range of industries, including energy, chemicals, materials, pharmaceuticals, food, and water. Yokogawa addresses customer issues regarding increasingly complex production, operations management, and the optimisation of assets, energy, and the supply chain with digitally-enabled smart manufacturing, enabling the transition to autonomous operations.
Founded in Tokyo in 1915, Yokogawa continues to work toward a more sustainable society through its 17,500 employees in a global network of 119 companies spanning 60 countries. For more information, visit www.yokogawa.com/uk.
As a System Engineer (DCS & Safety) your remit will include:
- DCS software configuration generated from the client’s design documentation, such as user requirement specifications or control philosophies
- Alarm rationalisation and understanding of EEMUA 191
- Continuous Process control and Batch process software programming
- Functional Safety SIL classifications and SIF calculations
- To supervise or implement the detailed design by producing function block programming (using engineering software tools) to implement the Safety system SIFs for the logic solver. This includes all shutdown logic as per the cause and effects, hardware interface, and graphic screen interface
- Modifying existing safety systems and impact analysis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst being an effective team player as part of a structured team
- Conducting internal testing, executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test
- Taking responsibility for the transition to site and managing site installation
- Conducting Site Acceptance Tests and ensuring the system is handed over efficiently, completing all necessary documents and formalising project closures
- Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- A positive self-starter with the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- Compliance with Yokogawa procedures
What you will bring to us:
- You are a highly motivated and flexible person who is willing to work in an internationally oriented company
- Respect, collaboration, and integrity are important values to you
- Experience in a similar role within the oil & gas/petrochemical/Industrial Automation environment
- Hold a TUV Functional Safety Certificate or demonstrable knowledge of
- Minimum HNC qualification in an engineering or process-related subject
- Have practical knowledge of Management Systems such as ISO9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 and ISO45001
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Applicants with Offshore certificates are highly desired; however, full training can be provided.
What we promise to offer:
- Competitive salary and incentive package depending on experience. Overtime and TOIL where relevant
- Standard working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs
- Superb benefits including company pension contribution up to 12.5% dependent upon criteria, private medical insurance and healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with increments based on length of service, car allowance
- Freedom to do your job and autonomy is important to us
- Exciting challenges within a mature organisation that demands a high degree of individual responsibility and promotes initiatives
- A fun working atmosphere with various opportunities to work with awesome colleagues all over the world
- Innovative and advanced high-technology products and services
- Excellent career opportunities within an international environment
This is a permanent position, with our offices based in Runcorn, Cheshire. We provide a healthy work-life balance with a blend of working from home and the office. There will be a requirement to travel to customer sites in Europe, the UK, offshore and overseas as required for each project.
At Yokogawa, we believe that our employees are crucial to our success. To help you maximise your potential, we offer an environment that actively encourages personal development and continuous learning (through internal and external training such as the leadership academy and sales academy, internal mobility, etc.).
Important for us
For Yokogawa, diversity and inclusion are not just human resources initiatives or social to-do. It is something that we strongly believe in and promote. We aim to recruit talent who dare to bring change to our organisation with a diverse mindset and refreshing new views.
Yokogawa wants a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive culture. We recruit, develop, and promote people from a variety of backgrounds who differ in terms of experience, knowledge, thinking styles, perspective, cultural background, and socioeconomic status. We will not discriminate based on any categorisation of humankind. Yokogawa values differences and enables everyone to belong, contribute, succeed, and demonstrate their full potential.
For further information about this vacancy or to apply, please contact our recruitment team at YEF-GB-HR@yokogawa.com
We recruit great people for great opportunities
Please visit our website https://www.yokogawa.com/nl/about/careers/ to discover more about our employees’ stories and the various career possibilities we offer.