FCN-RTU: Low Power Consumption Autonomous Controller
The low power consumption model of the field control node (FCN) autonomous controller meets the demanding requirements at inhospitable remote locations which lack power.
Exclusive features for FCN-RTU
- Modular type PLC/RTU
- Low power consumption (1.6W to 2.9W)
- Wider operation temperature (-40 to 70°C*)
- Wide voltage range power supply (10 to 30 V DC)
- One Ethernet, three RS-232, and one RS-422/RS-485
- Multiple built-in I/O on CPU module
- Improved file system stability in case of power failure
*Depending on I/O modules
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business and stands for excellence in the related technology and solutions. It consists of categories and families under each category. This product belongs to the OpreX Control and Safety System family that is aligned under the OpreX Control category.
For steady operations, high reliability is an essential requirement in the systems that controls and acquires data from various devices and processes and which interlink with other controllers in the control domain. The STARDOM autonomous controllers FCN-RTU have rugged and highly reliable software and hardware.
FCN-RTU has a highly durable design. In addition to features such as fan-less cooling, there are no IC chips on the backplane, preventing mechanical failures. Furthermore, the use of error check and correct (ECC) memory* prevents software failures.
Secure control even in hazardous applications
FCN-RTU has received ATEX type n certification, FM approval and CSA certification and provides safe and secure control even in hazardous applications. Optional corrosion-proof coatings are also available.
Advanced Self Diagnosis
Rich diagnostic functions make it possible to keep track of CPU temperature, SRAM memory status, and I/O module status. In addition to the diagnostic functions that are performed by the CPU, the analog input modules have embedded self diagnostic functions that can detect disconnected wires and short-circuits by continuously monitoring the loop status.
STARDOM capability of establishing connections to a various network types results in big cost reduction for the customers. Networkability of STARDOM autonomous controllers FCN-RTU designed for the hazardous area shows absolute advantage in the various applications requiring remote monitoring and operation.
More communication choices on CPU
Remote applications require the various types of modems for seamless connection with control and information networks using narrow bandwidth network infrastructure including public telephone lines, GSM/GPRS, satellite, and radio. To meet these requirements, the following network interfaces are prepared.
- One 100 BASE-TX Ethernet port with power saving mode.
- Three RS-232 serial ports (one port up to 115.2 kbps)
- One RS-422/485 serial port up to 115.2 kbps
Field Network Supported
|Upper-level systems||Ethernet||VDS (TCP/IP), FAST/TOOLS (TCP/IP, DNP3, Modbus TCP), HIS (Vnet/IP via gateway)
Other vendor SCADA systems (OPC, DNP3, Modbus TCP)
|Serial (RS-232, RS-422/485)||FAST/TOOLS (Modbus RTU/ASCII), Other vendor SCADA systems (Modbus RTU/ASCII, DNP3)|
|Other devices||Ethernet||FA-M3 (driver available), MELSEC (driver available), others (Modbus TCP)|
|Serial (RS-232, RS-422/485)||FA-M3 (driver available), MELSEC (driver available), others (Modbus RTU/ASCII)|
|Fieldbus||FOUNDATION™ fieldbus||FOUNDATION fieldbus devices|
|ISA100||ISA100 wireless devices|
FCN-RTU controller applications are written in programming languages compliant with the IEC 61131-3 international standard, so users do not need to learn manufacturer-specific programming languages and can start engineering immediately.
IEC 61131-3 Compliant Programming Languages
Concise applications can be developed by choosing the most suitable programming language for each application or the preference of the user from five IEC 61131-3 compliant languages including Function Block Diagram, Ladder Diagram, and Sequential Function Chart. Loop control and sequence control can be coded within the same environment, further improving engineering efficiency.
Reuse of Programs
Engineering efficiency is improved by reusing the programmed and verified applications by using the following methods.
IEC 61131-3 compliant program allows your know-how to be encapsulated into reusable POU (Program Organization Units.) These POUs can be protected against user modification.
- Network Template
Network Template, which is a code frame programmed by FBD, LD, ST or IL, makes reuse of program easier. Network Template is inserted into any applications and modified corresponding to applications.
- Software Wiring to Aid Debugging
Virtual wiring to input/output modules can be defined in the software, and so loop checks and testing of ladder sequences can be performed without actual inputs to the FCN-RTU from a calibrator or test switches.
- Simulator Functions for Efficient Development
The simulator functions simulate the control applications of the FCN-RTU on a PC. Since this function does not require FCN-RTU hardware, control applications can be developed simultaneously by two or more engineers. Alternatively, applications can be developed and debugged separately from applications running on FCN-RTU.
Quick troubleshooting is the key to increasing the availability of the systems. From trouble shooting to the replacement of modules, STARDOM helps people on site perform simple maintenance procedures.
Troubleshooting on site
Expert engineers in the central control room can remotely check the CPU status on Web pages on the FCN-RTU.
Your application can be modified without interfering your process. By using online download functions on Logic Designer, application running on dual redundant CPUs is automatically synchronized and variables on the applications can be inherited.
Quick start after replacing I/O
Thanks to hot swappable I/O module features, I/O definitions are automatically downloaded to I/O modules without use of PC tools. While replacing I/O modules, rewiring cables are not required.
A TCP/IP based network enables a seamless connection with control and information networks using COTS network components, and also allow the easy adaption of controllers for use with narrow bandwidth network infrastructure including public telephone lines, GSM/GPRS, satellite, and radio.
Yokogawa System Integration
STARDOM controllers act as Yokogawa DCS controllers via gateway. From a single window on the Yokogawa DCS HMI, operators enjoy seamless and transparent access to all the utilities on these different systems, with complete consolidation of all alarms.
STARDOM capability of establishing connections to a various network types results in big cost reduction for the customers. Networkability of STARDOM autonomous controllers designed for the hazardous area shows absolute advantage in the various applications requiring remote monitoring and operation.
Suitable Network Architecture for COTS Network Infrastructure
STARDOM autonomous controllers are suitable for the geographically distributed area since software architecture is highly independent and control network easily adapts to the COTS network infrastructure.
Network Installation Records for Various Networks
Customers have already installed STARDOM autonomous controllers to a wide range of applications under various network infrastructures.
|Network Type||Application Name|
||Power meter reading (Power)
Heat and CO2 custody transfer system (Power)
Water pipeline leak management system (Water)
Automatic custody transfer system for cryogenic gas by truck delivery (Chemical)
Water dispensing bays control (Mining)
Environmental monitoring (Others)
|VSAT (Satellite)||Pipeline operation (Oil & Gas)
Wellhead monitoring (Oil & Gas)
|Radio Link||Gas development management system (Oil & Gas)
Oil platform - offshore CO2 metering (Oil & Gas)
Tram data (signals, points, location, etc) logging (Others)
Power metering and distribution control (Power)
Control system in the wells cellulose production line (Paper)
|Wired||ADSL+VPN||Oil collecting station (Oil & Gas)
Co-generation utility monitoring (Oil & Gas)
Cryogenic gas control and custody transfer (LNG)
Water pipeline leak management system (Water)
Water treatment plant monitoring and controlling pumps (Water)
|PSTN||Cryogenic gas control and custody transfer (LNG)
Water gate valve control (Water)
Water pipeline leak management system (Water)
|ISDN||Co-generation utility monitoring (Oil & Gas)|
|Leased Line||Gas district cooling - chilled water monitoring (Oil & Gas)|
- World's first offshore regasification terminal relies on Yokogawa ICSS (CENTUM CS 3000, ProSafe-RS).
- LNG carrier scheduling, unloading, tank storage, and vaporizing are all procedure based operations.
- The STARDOM network-based control system and FA-M3 range-free controllers play an important role in smoothing out the supply of this power to the grid
- STARDOM and FA-M3 ensure smooth supply of power to grid by wind farm equipped with large-capacity NAS batteries
As the demand for food is increasing worldwide, fertilizers are playing an essential role in improving agricultural productivity. OCI Nitrogen (hereinafter OCI) is a leading producer of mineral fertilizers and the world's largest producer of melamine, which is used to make adhesives and resins for a wide range of applications, such as furniture panels, laminate flooring, coatings, paints, and plastics.
- Reduced cabling costs by using a commodity GPRS network infrastructure
- Additional reduction in system cost by making full use of existing components
- Reduction in cost of software by using all web-based technology
- Long-term service contract — no need to worry about a suspension of maintenance services
- Reliable monitoring and control system of the world's first, 16" seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) membrane desalination plant.
- Accurate measurements of the SWRO parameters with Yokogawa conductivity meters, pH meters, and magnetic flow meters contribute to a longer SWRO membrane life and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
- Low Power Autonomous Controller FCN-RTU (2.1 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-RTU (7.1 MB)
- Oil & Gas Wellhead & Separation Product Line-up (1.8 MB)
- Low Power Solution for Water Industry (2.5 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 (6.3 MB)
- Autonomous Controller FCN-500 E2 bus interface module (2.2 MB)
- FCN-RTU Low Power Autonomous Controller Functions (266 KB)
- FCN-RTU Low Power Autonomous Controller Hardware (1010 KB)
- Turbomachinery Controller Overview (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (692 KB)
- Field Connection Specifications (585 KB)
- Analog I/O Modules (263 KB)
- Digital I/O Modules (361 KB)
- Turbomachinery I/O Module (412 KB)
- Terminal Block (145 KB)
- MIL Connector Terminal Blocks, MIL Connector Cables (422 KB)
- Foundation Fieldbus Communication Module (171 KB)
- PROFIBUS-DP Communication Module (328 KB)
- Application Portfolios for FCN/FCJ (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (846 KB)
- CANopen Communication Module (296 KB)
- DNP3 Communication Portfolio (FCN-500/FCN-RTU) (765 KB)
- Gas Flow Calculation Portfolio (FCN-RTU) (226 KB)
- Liquid Flow Calculation Portfolio (119 KB)
- STARDOM FOUNDATION fieldbus Communication (377 KB)
- FCN/FCJ Duolet Application Development Kit (157 KB)
- FCN/FCJ Simulator (124 KB)
- FCN/FCJ OPC Server for Windows (290 KB)
- HART Communication Functions (190 KB)
- Logic Designer (362 KB)
Yokogawa presents a demonstration of how the combination of Stardom FCN-RTU and FAST/TOOLS SCADA can be combined to provide a powerful control and data collection system where in the event of a network disconnection or computer outage - Stardom internally buffers data that would otherwise be lost and on reconnection or restoration of the SCADA Server FAST/TOOLS is able to back-fill missing data in its trend.
Nota de Prensa nov 20, 2017
Yokogawa Releases Enhanced Version of the STARDOM Network-based Control System
- Highly reliable and scalable -
¿En busca de información adicional sobre Yokogawa Iberia, tecnología y soluciones?Contáctenos