OpreX Data Model Broker is a plant data transformation platform that automatically verifies the consistency of data in different plant designs and instrumentation systems and enables their inter-utilization by applying ontology*, an AI technique, in database operation and management.
Design Data Validation is a component for this platform. Design Data Validation assists in the complicated and time-consuming task of systematically identifying and confirming inconsistencies between piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID) and 3D piping diagrams. By automatically identifying such inconsistencies in massive volumes of data, this module greatly enhances work efficiency by drastically reducing the number of man-hours required for such work.
* Ontology is one of the approaches in AI technology. It is a concept or mechanism for defining the meaning of information and aims to make computers mimic how humans understand the meaning of information.
With the increases in plant size and sophistication in recent years, the facilities installed in these plants have grown ever more complex. When a plant is built or expanded, the departments responsible for each area of work use different design tools. The same is true with systems, for which there are not only design and specification documents but also diagrams from device and equipment vendors, and engineering data from different system suites. In many cases, vastly time-consuming manual checks must be performed to ensure there is complete consistency in all data. While 3D piping diagrams usually number in the few thousands, there can be 10,000 or more of these documents with large-scale projects, and all this data must be checked manually. As such, there is a strong demand for a system that uses digital technology to increase data interoperability and ensure reliability.
Design Data Validation provides the following benefit by automating the validation between P&ID and 3D pipe drawing, which had problems in data consistency check work.
- Reduce enormous work time and man-hours required for data consistency check
- Improve work efficiency by eliminating human error
- Reduce risk of erroneous order of piping materials
Comparison and Validation
The following types of consistency are automatically validated by using P&ID and 3D piping isometric drawing file.
|Validation type||Function summary|
Validate the match / mismatch between each piping attributes on P&ID and isometric drawing.
Piping specification of flange
If a change of piping specification is specified at the valve end, validate the match / mismatch of piping specifications of the corresponding valve and the accompanying flange in the isometric drawing.
Attributes and order of each piping component
Validate the match / mismatch of attribute values for each piping component. In addition, validate the match / mismatch of the order of piping component.
Installation direction of piping component
Validate whether the flow direction of each piping component on the isometric drawing matches the process flow direction on P&ID.
Validation results can be checked with main four types of views. Multiple views can be displayed together and jumped between views, the validation results can be checked efficiently.
- Comparison view of validation results
- P&ID highlighted by validation results
- 3D piping model highlighted by validation results
- Isometric drawing highlighted by validation results
Export validation result
- It is provided as SaaS using the cloud environment. It can be accessed from anywhere thus the consistency check is possible at any time. The validation results can be displayed offline by using dedicated desktop viewer.
- P& ID and isometric draw ing w ith highlighted inconsistencies can be exported with PDF format.
It is provided as SaaS using the cloud environment. It can be accessed from anywhere thus the consistency check is possible at any time. The validation results can be displayed offline by using dedicated desktop viewer.
Automatically verifies discrepancies and inconsistencies between data to drastically improve efficiency in plant construction and operation
Rechercher plus d'informations sur nos compétences, technologies et solutionsContactez-nous