Notice relating to the Personal Data Protection Act Singapore
A. Handling of Personal Information
This Notice has been prepared pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (No.26 of 2012) to define what personal data (as defined in the Act) that Yokogawa Engineering Asia Pte Ltd Singapore (hereinafter “Yokogawa”) may collect, use or disclose, and how Yokogawa protects such personal data. Yokogawa seeks to maintain the trust and confidence of all its customers and prospective customers in its handling of personal data.
B. Information Yokogawa Collects and Uses
Yokogawa may collect from time to time information related to each individual person or entity –
- the name, residential address, mailing address, employer's name, department name, phone number, opinions, and the like --that is electronically transmitted or physically supplied to Yokogawa by users.
- Information and date generated in the ordinary course of business relationship with Yokogawa, including but not limited to signatures, answers to questions intended for security verification, follow up on queries or quotations such as:-
(a) online user registration
(b) requesting catalogs
(c) answering questionnaires
(d) registering subscriptions to newsletters or the like
(e) ordering products or providing services
(f) allow user access to limited-entry areas of this website as appropriate
(g) other cases
- Occasionally hiring of other companies to provide limited services on Yokogawa’s behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering user questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. Yokogawa will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- For online services, under normal circumstances, users may use most of the services provided through websites run by Yokogawa or on the Internet, without disclosing user’s personal information. For specific services, however, users may be asked to provide his/her personal information or data, in which case Yokogawa or its partners shall be required to keep such information/data confidential. Yokogawa is fully aware of the importance of safeguarding the privacy of such information when handling electronic information. In some cases, Yokogawa may subcontract the management of a specific website, whole or a part thereof, to an outside firm that Yokogawa deems to be trustworthy. The personal information of each individual user is also protected in these cases under Yokogawa's rules of handling personal information.
C. Permitted Purposes
In all cases, Yokogawa will expressly state why such information is necessary, so that customers or prospective customers may provide the information at their own discretion. Yokogawa will not disclose personal information provided by users to any party, other than Yokogawa itself or Yokogawa's affiliates or business partners, without prior permission from the users, except in cases where Yokogawa provides its commissioned trader with such information necessary for a trade to be executed.
Circumstances may arise where, personal information may be subject to disclosure on a need to know basis under the following circumstances:-
- Where a settlement needs to be made for using pay services or purchasing products, Yokogawa may exchange personal information with firms, including without limitation, financial institutions, in order to check the validity of bank accounts and/or credit cards;
- Yokogawa may disclose personal information in case such disclosure is mandatory under applicable laws or is reasonably judged to be essential in order to protect and safeguard the rights, property and safety of other users, Yokogawa itself, and/or Yokogawa's affiliates;
- For the purpose of product development, identification of business needs, and sales promotion, Yokogawa may use personal information, personal opinions, and the like presented by users, although such use shall be limited only to Yokogawa itself and Yokogawa's affiliates and business partners;
- Yokogawa may use the IP addresses of users recorded in the system, in order to explore the cause of or solution to any problem arising in servers, or to administer its websites;
- Where for strategic or other business reasons, Yokogawa decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise re-organize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Yokogawa's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions;
- Credit information bureaus, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority searches or inquiries, and in the event of any default, debt collection agencies where necessary;
- Any person or entity to whom Yokogawa is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure pursuant to legal process, or pursuant to any other foreign or domestic legal and/or regulatory obligation or request, or agreement entered into by any of them and any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, or between or among any two or more domestic or foreign governmental authorities, or in connection with or to any bodies or associations which Yokogawa is required to or expected to comply, including disclosure to courts, tribunals and/or legal, regulatory, tax and government authorities, whether such legal process, obligation, request, requirement or agreement is currently existing or created in future;
- Any person or entity which is part of Yokogawa and is under a duty of confidentiality to the disclosing Yokogawa entity, although only to the extent necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes permissible;
In all the above Permitted Purposes, Yokogawa will accept, to a reasonable extent, such possible user requests as making corrections or deletions to personal information presented by users.
D. Security & Retention
Yokogawa shall take reasonable steps to help protect your right of privacy and your information (personal or otherwise) in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of such information, in compliance with the applicable laws.
Yokogawa shall retain the Personal Information for such limited time as is necessary to meet the legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this Policy.
E. Correction of Information and Right to withdraw Consent
Any modifications / corrections required to the Information can be carried out or you may choose to withdraw your consent provided hereunder at any point in time. Such request for correction/modification or withdrawal of the consent must be sent in writing to the contact below or firstname.lastname@example.org
This website may contain links to other websites. Yokogawa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Nothing in this Notice limits or seeks to limit the User’s rights under the Act.
For queries and inquiries about the personal information protection policy of Yokogawa, please contact:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Legal & Compliance Department
Yokogawa Engineering Asia Pte Ltd
5 Bedok South Road