Operations Management System helps to ensure Safe, Reliable and Efficient plant operations and regulatory compliance by digitization of information related to key Operations Management Practices. This results in improved productivity through standardized work practices, streamlined processes, plus improved communications and coordination across departments.
Click here to learn about Operations Management System
Key areas for Operational Excellence Transformation
Operational Excellence Transformation is Yokogawa and KBC’s co-innovated portfolio of solutions and services.We provide comprehensive solutions for business automation in all four areas using consulting and digital technology.
Operational Risk Management
Yokogawa's Operational Risk Management deals with managing safety, health and environmental (SHE) risks on both individual and process levels in a reliable and risk-free manner. It involves the end-to-end process of designing, visualizing and orchestrating plant production and business systems.
Key Operational Competencies in Operational Risk Management
- Process Safety Management: Maintain License to Operate, preserve Business Reputation, and create value by utilizing and adhering to operating integrity processes to prevent loss of containment or catastrophic loss
- Personal Safety Management: Protect human assets by providing safe practices to improve behaviour and culture
- Environmental Management: Provide processes to protect the environment through operating integrity, and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and/or internal requirements
- Community Relations: Define and establish processes and protocols to communicate and implement emergency response plans, and enhance interactions in the community
- HSSE Reporting and Compliance: Assure visibility and achievement of HSSE goals and compliance requirements, by monitoring, learning and improving continuously through processes, initiatives and KPIs
- Plant Protocols and Security: Provide processes and strategies to protect assets and infrastructure from threats, and control access to vulnerable processes and equipment
By combining Yokogawa’s product portfolio and KBC’s consulting services, we provide our customers best practices and domain knowledge that empower them to improve their operations, as well as a digital platform that supports such activities and initiatives. Our Operational Risk Management scope does not only cover partial improvements in the organization, but also optimizations in plant operations to achieve continuously improving safety, reliability and operability.
·Supply Chain Optimization
- Optimize management of supply, whether oil in the ground or feedstocks for a refinery or chemical asset, in light of product market demands. This provides operators with the agility to take full advantage of market conditions.
·Asset Operations and Optimization
- Optimize the potential of physical assets, by pushing throughput and maximizing the production of the highest value products, whilst minimizing variable costs such as energy.
- Deliver small and large CAPEX projects, on time and on budget, to deliver growth and meet environmental requirements.
·Asset Management and Integrity
- Confidently ensure asset reliability and availability, whilst controlling maintenance costs. This assures the asset always meets expectations and is always available to capitalize on short term market opportunities.
Operations Management System
Yokogawa Operations Management is centralized platform-oriented Control of Work (CoW) offering which standardizes and digitizes plant operations information to create knowledge base and use it for analysis to provide intelligent plant insights and recommendations. Its workflow-based execution helps to automate tasks, permits and changes effectively through approval lifecycle and email alerts. Mobile application eases field patrolling with near-real time update and on fingertip access to critical business KPIs to executives during non-duty hours.
Yokogawa Operations management is enterprise collaboration solution which helps to run plant safely to maximize profitability by reducing production losses and unplanned shutdown and to improve reliability with a single trusted source of truth for operations monitoring, reporting and data driven continuous improvement. It helps to achieve zero tolerance to SHE in Plant.
Major Operations Management System benefits include the following:
- Consistent, structured and integrated approach to plant operations management
- Improved retention of expert knowledge and lessons learned
- Fast and efficient change management of operations and maintenance processes
- High productivity and reduced cost of operations and maintenance activities
- Providing better integration of all operations’ critical applications and systems
- Enforced standard operating procedures and practices
- Improved collaboration and inter-department communications
- Ensure statutory compliance to Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- Real-time access to critical information across plants for improved and informed decision makings
Operations Management System functionalities are modular in nature and include the following modules:
- Track and manage plant wide incidents, near miss and non-compliances related to health, safety, security, environment and production e.g. equipment trips, outages etc.
- Structured and configurable Incident Management workflow (Reporting to Close Out) completely adaptable to customer’s best practices
- Incident summary dashboard with multi-variate statistics
Management of Change
- Single view to record and monitor statuses of plant wide MOCs
- Structured and configurable MOC workflow (Initiation to Close Out) completely adaptable to customer’s best practices
Permit to Work
- Track and manage plant wide PTWs, Isolation and de-isolations/lock out tag out (LOTO) activities
- Structured and configurable PTW workflow completely adaptable to customer’s best practices
- Predefined multiple log types with view layout and data set
- Association of the log with plant hierarchy
- Link the log to Work Instructions or Tasks
- Predefined multiple work instruction types with view layout and data set
- Work instruction template which provides preconfigured data automatically upon instruction creation
- Configurable Excel based checklist configured upon template engineering and updated upon Work Instruction execution
- Capability to schedule recurrence for routine tasks
- Ease of checklist filling in field using mobile application (both online/offline mode) with QR code feature and geo location tracking
- Auto generation of Shift Handover reports based on shift configuration per roles and plant locations/ departments
- Auto compilation of shift report based on shift data for log, instructions, process data, trends and their excursions, overrides, operating window details, quality results, incident management and permits to work information.
- Shift Team Effectiveness (STE) using digitized Hand Over Take Over (HOTO) to overcome communication gap between incoming/outgoing plant personals to avoid any kind of incidents or near miss.
Operations Management Analytics (OMA)
- Analytics modules gather data from diversified sources and helps to avail meaningful insights. Operations Management Analytics (OMA) compliments basic operations modules and compiles key insights to Shift Summary report. OMA includes three different modules explained below.
- Alarm Pattern Analysis (APA) eases alarm rationalization SMEs with the help of plant operations team to identify and get-rid of nuisance alarms with the help of different alarm reports also to act upon to control bad actors which helps to identify focus areas to improve alarm performance.
- Process Overrides Analysis (POA) helps to report various overrides like CAL, AOF, interlock bypass, PID changes, Alarm limit changes, MODE changes in Shift Summary report. Overrides activation in DCS can be controlled using authorization and approval lifecycle.
- Operations Window Management (OWM) notifies Operating Window excursions and recommends condition-based or mode-based alarm limits. Proper approval workflow for limit changes helps to control, record, and monitor limit changes.
Intuitive Dashboards and Reports
- All in one holistic view of Plant Operations segregated in Safety, Production and Reliability KPIs
- Ability to develop Ad-hoc dashboards as per plant need
- Out-of-box Module wise multiangle Statistics dashboards
- Easy tracking of Shift Hand Over Take Over (HOTO) by Shift managers and supervisors
- Feature to export to excel, pdf for any ad-hoc analysis and collaboration with internal or external stakeholders
- Diversified domains (Oil and gas, Petrochemicals, Specialty Chemicals, power, fertilizers, renewable energy, mining etc) implementations across different geographies
- Ready Shift Team Effectiveness (STE) Templates
- Flexible and customizable design
- Centralized security configuration and user management for all modules
- Plug and Play integration with Process data Historians using OPC connectivity
- Automatic Shift Handover report generation, Intelligent Shift Report Compiler and Approval Workflows
- Capability of legacy and 3rd party application integration
- Responsive UI design for desktop, tablet, and phone with one engineered canvas
- Personalization using column preferences and predefined filter criteria
- Alert notifications for new records using auto refresh, highlighting overdue (display) or pending actions (email)
- Role based dashboards
- All in one unified and scalable platform with built-in integration facilitating closed-loop plant operations
- Multi-language support
- Capability of Turn-around Management
Case Study References
- Co-Innovation Program at Tuas Power Utilities, Singapore
- Shift Team Effectiveness at FPCC, Taiwan
Press Release Feb 12, 2018
Yokogawa Releases Operations Management Software Package
- Optimizes the supply chain and operations by enabling plant personnel to work more efficiently -
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us