Renewable energy helps protect the environment and brings both society and industry closer to the goal of achieving sustainability. We provide solutions for renewable energy applications worldwide, thus contributing to the sustainable development goals.
Environmentally friendly and stable geothermal energy can generate electricity throughout the years regardless of weather conditions. Yokogawa has participated in dozens of geothermal power projects in Japan, Southeast Asia, Africa and other regions, providing a variety of measurement and control technologies.
Biomass can help thermal power plants reduce their carbon dioxide emissions. Yokogawa measurement and control technologies are used all over the world in many types of biomass power plants.
Waste-to-energy (WTE) technology provides an environmentally sound solution to an ever-growing challenge of waste disposal in urban areas. It also addresses the growing need for alternate energy sources. Yokogawa systems that over 150 WTE plants and other types of waste incineration facilities count on play a key infrastructure role in making our world cleaner.
The sun is an inexhaustible source of clean energy, and humans have used this in a variety of ways down through the ages. Today, solar power generation is a topic of considerable interest all over the world. With more than 100 years of control experience, Yokogawa now offers a fully integrated control and monitoring solution for solar PV and CSP power plants.
A great many wind farms with large numbers of wind turbines have been constructed in recent years around the world, and offshore wind farms are now becoming popular. Yokogawa provides solutions that help to ensure the stable power supply by making operations more efficient and by enabling remote and centralized monitoring of multiple wind power generation systems.
Hydropower is the most widely-used renewable source of energy and plays a major role in electricity generation in some regions. Yokogawa supplies control and instrumentation products and solutions for hydropower plants around the world.
Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) is a unique technology that utilizes the temperature difference between the ocean surface and deep ocean water and is applicable in tropical and sub-tropical coastal regions. Its capability to generate a stable supply of electricity around the clock makes it well suited for meeting baseload demand.
- Yokogawa provided control solutions for expansion project in sugar and bio-energy plant.
- Consolidated central control room was designed for safe, comfortable, and efficient work environment.
Territory Generation supplies electricity to the NT's grid with their 8 geographically isolated power stations.
Territory Generation selected FAST/TOOLS to integrate new & renewable energy to the power grid.
Okinawa Prefecture is promoting clean energy with the aim of becoming a low-carbon society in the 21st century. Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) technology is particularly well suited for this purpose, and is expected to both reduce the environmental impact that power generation has in the prefecture and lessen the prefecture's dependence on imported fossil fuels.
- The NEP Solar team developed the control strategy and the Yokogawa engineers programmed the controller accordingly.
- The FAST/TOOLS software could be installed on the notebook PCs used by the development team, eliminating the need for costly dedicated servers.
- Thai SPP uses CENTUM CS 3000 to improve efficiency of Biomass Power Plant
- The burning of the ground rice husks in the boiler's furnace chamber is a complex process that must be carefully controlled
- The community energy management system (CEMS) at F-Grid Miyagi efficiently supplies electricity and heat to the industrial park.
- During the two-year demonstration experiment, costs were reduced by 20% compared with the past.
- The STARDOM network-based control system and FA-M3 range-free controllers play an important role in smoothing out the supply of this power to the grid
- STARDOM and FA-M3 ensure smooth supply of power to grid by wind farm equipped with large-capacity NAS batteries
- Yokogawa's CENTUM CS 3000 DCS Monitors and Controls Operations at Poultry Litter-to-energy Plant
- The boiler and turbine startup procedures reduces operator workload and helps to ensure a smooth and safe startup
- Italian waste to energy plant turns to CENTUM, PRM and FOUNDATION fieldbus solution
- Nearly 1500 FOUNDATION fieldbus devices are monitored and managed using the PRM
- Modern waste to energy facility in UK uses CENTUM CS 3000 and ProSafe-RS
- Lakeside exports at least 34MW per hour to the country's national grid
- Australian National University's "Big Dish" controlled by Yokogawa PLC and FAST/TOOLS SCADA
- FAST/TOOLS benefits us in many ways and allows us to clearly see the entire process, giving us the information we need to take immediate action
- Yokogawa's HXS10 solar controller optimizes conversion efficiency at Australian solar cooling plant
- Accurate sun tracking and visualization of all process data
Aboitiz Power Corporation is a holding company that was set up by the Aboitiz Group to oversee its investments in power generation, distribution, retail, and services. The company owns and operates several hydroelectric and geothermal power plants as well as a number of non-renewable power facilities throughout the Philippines. It also owns distribution utilities that are centered in high-growth areas in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- A robust and reliable integrated control and safety system (ICSS) made up of the CENTUM CS3000 PCS and the ProSafe-RS SIS ensures safe operations while fully automating key processes.
- A variety of analytical instruments accurately measure the concentrations of key components, and this data can be monitored and controlled by the Yokogawa PCS.
- Operator intervention during the automated plant and turbine startup and shutdown processes is minimized
- Greatly reduces operator work load and errors, and mitigate thermal and physical stress on the turbine
- CENTUM CS 3000 replaces legacy system at Paris's largest waste to energy plant
- Exaquantum is used to calculate plant performance and generate the reports needed to optimize operations and demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Complex starting up and shutting down operations of a biomass power plant were automated with CENTUM VP.
- Operator errors and interventions were eliminated in all critical processes.
Power monitoring package SMARTDAC+ GM and UPM100 system measures and quantifies the electrical energy consumption for each assembly line.
Industrial hydrogen fuel cells can be used to produce hydrogen and oxygen from distilled water as well as run in reverse to generate electricity. Fuel cells can also be used in conjunction with intermittent energy sources like solar or wind to provide regulated continuous energy output.
Geothermal power plants create electricity from geothermal energy. These power plants are similar to other steam turbine station; however their heat source is that of the earth's core. The created steam is used to turn the turbine for the production of electricity. Technologies include Dry steam, Flash steam and Binary cycle power stations with Binary cycle being the most common geothermal plant in current production. In the process of geothermal power generation the facility needs to monitor various processes, as in this case steam line pressure sits in remote from control room's location.
Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) product and service offerings, industry domain knowledge, and VigilantPlant approach – which emphasizes safe, secure, and uninterrupted operations -- provide a solid foundation for an Industrial Internet of Things that specifically addresses the requirements of process automation, particularly for the OT side of the equation. To be able to provide an equally solid foundation for the IT side, Yokogawa is partnering with Cisco Systems and other industry leaders.
This white paper provides an overview of how Yokogawa believes its customers can best prepare for and position themselves to benefit from IIoT-enabled technology and solutions and digitalization in general to emerge as the successful connected industrial enterprises of the future.
The worlds of process automation and production management have been converging for some time. What once used to be islands of automation and production management functionality connected through highly proprietary integration schemes that were costly to maintain have developed into integrated platforms that provide seamless data exchange between the world of automation and the plant floor, the functions of production and operations management, and integration with business level systems.
The automation suppliers that will be successful in the long term will be those that effectively address application or industry specific problems for end users with a value proposition that cannot be ignored. These problems exist throughout the process industries today, and they won't be solved by simply offering a product, but through a combination of hardware, software, services, application expertise, and knowledge.
In ARC's view, customers need a compelling business value proposition to justify investment in any kind of automation. Vigilance and VigilantPlant were created with this in mind. Yokogawa's vision with VigilantPlant is to create an environment where plant personnel and operators are well informed, alert, and ready to take action.
Yokogawa has come a long way in making its message clear to the world of process automation. Last year, the company embarked on a full-scale global marketing campaign to make customers aware of the company's focus on system reliability, security, dependability, and robustness. Dubbed "Vigilance", the campaign created a unified message for the company and greatly helped expand awareness of the Yokogawa brand and corporate philosophy.
Process automation end users are under more pressure than ever to do more with less. The current economic climate means that many automation capital projects are on hold. With capital budgets tighter than ever, users instead focus on operational budgets (where cost cutting is also a key concern), or on automation investments with a very rapid return on investment.
In today's dynamic industrial marketplace, the only constant is change. Raw material costs, energy costs, market demands, environmental and safety regulations, technology, and even the nature of the labor force itself are constantly changing, and not always in predictable directions.
Environmental friendliness (E) must be assessed in today's product design in addition to the conventional design considerations of quality (Q), cost (C), and lead time (D). Hence, the product design system must be urgently restructured in order to minimize the environmental impact of a product throughout its life-cycle from purchase of the materials and parts, through manufacturing and distribution, to use and disposal.
The YSS1000 setting software (hereinafter referred to as the YSS1000) is package software to configure the functions of the YS1000 series (hereinafter referred to as the YS1000) devices. Writing and reading of parameters and user programs of the YS1000, and PID tuning and monitoring of user programs can be performed through the use of communication.
Erneuerbare Energien spielen weiterhin eine wichtige Rolle bei den Nachhaltigkeitsanstrengungen des Unternehmens
In einer der größten Windkraftanlagen Japans, in Tsugaru auf Honshū, hat Yokogawa ein Automatisierungssystem installiert und den Windpark jetzt erfolgreich in Betrieb genommen. Mit 38 Windturbinen und einer Gesamtleistung von 121.600 kW zählt er zu den größten On-shore-Windkraftanlagen Japans.
„Sensor-to-Enterprise“-Lösung für erneuerbare Energien: Yokogawa und Power Factors ver-einbaren Vertriebspartnerschaft
Die Cloud-basierte Drive-Plattform von Power Factors für Asset-Performance-Management-Lösungen wurde für Solar-, Wind- und Energiespeicheranlagen entwickelt. Die Verbindung der Plattform von Power Factors mit den industriellen Automatisierungssystemen und dem globalen Servicenetzwerk von Yokogawa bietet Betreibern die Möglichkeit, eine standardisierte Hardware-Infrastruktur und Softwareschnittstelle in ihren verschiedenen Anlagen einzusetzen.
Möchten Sie weitere Informationen über unsere Mitarbeiter, Technologien und Lösungen?Kontakt