YOKOGAWA has been engaging in LNG automation by supplying the latest sensors, analyzers, control and information systems for more than 50 years since LNG was first imported to Japan. YOKOGAWA is one of the biggest automation suppliers to the worldwide LNG supply chain, liquefaction, transportation, and regasification.（Following data as of 2020)
Highly reliable YOKGOAWA production control systems, which have been proven thorough extensive global projects, are installed in 76 trains of LNG liquefaction facilities and continues to improve the safeties, efficiencies and productivities. Also, YOKOGAWA contributes to maximize the revenue by enabling the efficient operation to the complex liquefaction process via APC (Advanced Process Control) license with consulting.
87 carriers use Yokogawa's DCS. Yokogawa’s industrial experience provides unique solutions to meet the needs of the marine industry. For several decades, Yokogawa has been delivering IAS to a number of LNG carriers worldwide. Long-term partnership with Yokogawa provides the highest total value of ownership with full lifecycle support.
YOKOGAWA's production control systems are operated at 54 LNG receiving terminals around the world, and 2/3 of the terminals in Japan. YOKOGAWA contributes to stable and efficient gas supply at LNG receiving terminal through the total process, loading, storage, regasification, and metering.
License to operate
Extensive regulations and rules are applied to LNG plants from the viewpoint of HSE (Health, Safety, Environment). In addition to HSE concerns, comprehensive safety production systems which are resistant to cyber threats are more demanded by the critical infrastructure operators.
YOKOGAWA provides the production systems which conform to the regulations and rules for the smooth plant startup, and process analyzers to measure the emissions, reduce environmental impact and comply with environmental regulations.
YOKOGAWA also offers security consulting services to analyze the security risks of your systems and provides solutions based on its analysis in order to protect your assets from the threat of cyber-attacks.
With over 45 years of LNG project experience, Yokogawa has significant engineering expertise. We know how to replace control systems without interrupting city gas production, and can ensure a seamless migration path and supply a full range of implementation services.
The main challenge in the LNG supply chain is responding quickly and accurately to shifts in demand. This is required both by regulations and contractual commitments to customers. Before any LNG facility enters commercial operation, it is important to identify essential plant KPIs and establish standardized procedures for manual intervention.
LNG plays an important role in the stable supply of energy to society. The stable operations for a long term while improving the production efficiencies are indispensable to the LNG process. YOKOGAWA contributes to the safe and stable operation by providing a long-term LNG project expertise and highly reliable control systems with 99.99999 availability.
During long-term LNG plants lifecycle, migration and expansion are required due to the aging systems and energy demand changes. YOKOGAWA offers the hot cutover without bothering LNG process and the quick start of LNG productions by integration with other systems.
To assure the process stability, YOKOGAWA’s worldwide service offices near LNG plants provide the high-quality customer support and service with 24/7 Global Response Center.
The rapid growth of IT technology is driving dramatic changes in business these days and adapting to the ever-evolving technologies of AI, IIOT, and Big Data are mandatory to all industries. Digital Transformation is one of the key values to increase the operational efficiency, asset utilization, and optimization of the supply chain in LNG industry.
YOKOGAWA contributes to your digitalization by offering ”MirrorPlant” that simulates the plant operation using actual plant data, and “Profit Driven Operation” that improves profitability by optimizing the key management goals in reference to industry oriented KPIs.
Production Control System: CENTUM VP
The single Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) database simplifies engineering. With graphics, alarm windows, and system status screens all having the same look and feel, operation is also easier.
Safety Instrumented System: ProSafe-RS
High availability of the ProSafe safety management system enables truly integrated solutions with Safety Integrity Level 1-4 (SIL1-4) certification. Regarding connectivity with upstream processes including wellheads and pipelines, we have achieved connectivity between ProSafe-RS, STARDOM, and the FAST/TOOLS SCADA system over a single network that is based on the Vnet/IP real-time control bus and dedicated to upstream processes. As a result, FAST/TOOLS can now monitor both the STARDOM and ProSafe-RS systems in an integrated manner.
“Install and Forget” digital field instruments deliver stable and accurate process measurement with low-cost installation, near zero maintenance and intelligent self-diagnostics. As a true leader in fieldbus technology, Yokogawa brought the world’s first FOUNDATION Fieldbus™ enabled device to market and has since developed a complete range of FOUNDATION Fieldbus™ instrumentation.
Highly responsive analytical systems ensure tight quality control by enhancing the accuracy of British Thermal Unit (BTU) measurement and optimizing boiler combustion.
STARDOM performs American Gas Association (AGA)-compliant calculation of standard gas volume.
Operator Training System
OmegaLand provides a virtual plant simulation environment for training operators of integrated distributed control systems (DCSs) and safety systems.
Production management solutions provide real-time visibility of the performance of all assets to facilitate intelligent decision-making.
Advanced Process Control
Advanced Process Control (APC) can increase liquefaction plant throughput by 0.5–2% and reduce energy costs by 1–3%.
Plant Asset Management: PRM
Plant Resource Manager (PRM) makes predictive maintenance easy. Early detection of system and device malfunctions helps prevent catastrophic failures.
- World's largest LNG terminal relies on CENTUM to maximize safety and reliability.
- It is very important for KOGAS to be able to adjust flexibly to shifts in demand in the gas that it supplies to power plants, industrial companies, and residences.
- DCS, SIS, PRM with FOUNDATION fieldbus and OTS Installed in Thailand First LNG Terminal.
- Alarms are issued before any device fails completely, enabling predictive maintenance that reduces maintenance costs throughout the facility lifecycle.
- Yokogawa provides CENTUM CS 3000 and ProSafe-RS for the largest LNG terminal in Europe.
- Yokogawa's OmegaLand plant operator training simulator (OTS) helps to reduce costs, optimize LNG terminal processes.
- OTS for familialization of liquefaction processes and operator training.
- Yokogawa's integrated solutions contribute to safe and steady production at gas liquefaction plant in Norway.
- World's first offshore regasification terminal relies on Yokogawa ICSS (CENTUM CS 3000, ProSafe-RS).
- LNG carrier scheduling, unloading, tank storage, and vaporizing are all procedure based operations.
- CENTUM CS 3000 ensures safe and reliable operation of one of the world's most advanced LNG carriers.
- Yokogawa successfully installed a CENTUM CS 3000 integrated control automation system(ICAS).
- MISC could be ensured of better information visibility, performance foresight, and operational agility.
- Yokogawa CS 3000 system has proven in both the Tenaga and the Seri Class LNG carriers that their hardware is very reliable with very less problem.
- Legacy ProSafe-PLC SIS replaced with ProSafe-RS to improve sustainable lifecycle support at LNG terminal.
- The seamless use of the same HMI for both PCS and SIS, and improved safety and integrity.
- Scalable, flexible configuration with functions distributed to multiple controllers on a facility basis
- Redundant architecture optimally designed for requirements of entire plant
- General-purpose communications network used for control bus
- Integrated operation environment through web-based human-machine interface (HMI)
- A phased upgrade approach from CENTUM CS to CENTUM VP was planned to meet tight LNG carriers schedules.
- The collaboration using CENTUM VP and APC provides optimization of gas liquefaction operation.
- Operator training system for the critical LNG processes had been built to reduce human errors and achieve operational excellence.
- The high fidelity modeling of LNG liquefaction process closely matches the behavior and operational environment of the actual plant.
- Hibiki LNG Terminal is supplying natural gas to a broad area of northern Kyushu.
- CENTUM VP and FA-M3V provide a centralized monitoring environment and contribute to safe and stable operation.
Fluidcom combines Valve, Flowmeter, Actuator and Control Software functions to make an all in one full-automatic flow controller which can achieve long term chemical injection stability.
Fluidcom can optimize Chemical injection systems, to achieve both high asset integrity as well as minimizing OPEX.
Why FluidCom is suitable for chemical injection on Unmanned Wellhead Platforms (UWHP)
Monitoring of Soundness of Power Supply Bus Bar (In-vehicle Lithium-ion Battery Applications)
With industrial and economic development comes increasingly large and advanced power plants and factories. Nevertheless, we find many cases where the original cables, cable tunnels, and other components of the power infrastructure have languished under continuous operation.
Recently, several ARC Advisory Group analysts and management team members had a chance to sit down with the new Yokogawa President and COO, Mr. Takashi Nishijima, and several other top Yokogawa executives to discuss the company's burgeoning presence in the worldwide upstream and midstream oil & gas industry.
Over the past decade, companies have been using unconventional drilling technology to extract gas and liquid from the readily available shale formations in North America. As the industry gains experience, the production rates continue to rise based on better use of technology to locate resources and to decrease the time from exploration to production.
Only 5% of data is transferred into meaningful information so, asks Frank Horden, Business Development Manager, Yokogawa Global SCADA Center, USA, how to ensure pipeline management data is translated into valuable knowledge?
Martin te Lintelo, Yokogawa Europe B.V., The Netherlands, discusses high level control system design for LNG receiving terminals. As demand for LNG increases worldwide, players face seemingly conflicting challenges. On one hand, they must expand capacity in different regions, make the business and production as agile and adaptive as possible, and improve operational efficiency.
The LNG sector presents challenges for the automation supplier, particularly in the implementation of automation systems for regasification terminals. Yokogawa Europe's business development manager, upstream oil and gas Martin te Lintelo looks at the handling of the potential automation-related problem areas and opportunities.
Platt Beltz and Greg Hallauer, Yokogawa, USA, discuss how simulation can improve operator training in LNG operations.
LNG Industry, Summer 2012
Martin te Lintelo, Yokogawa, The Netherlands, discusses the need for better automation, measurement and control instruments to cope with the rising popularity of LNG.
Assets and operations will have human-like learning and adaptive capabilities, allowing responses without operator interaction to situations within a secure, bounded domain.
Yokogawa South Africa was appointed to design, supply and commission the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) as well as the overall Terminal Management System at Sunrise Energy’s liquid petroleum gas (LPG) Import Terminal, the largest on- and offshore open-access LPG import terminal facility in Africa. Yokogawa’s Terminal Management System, Terminal Logistic Suite VP (TLSVP), was designed and developed to meet the exacting operational demands and logistic needs in terminals. Yokogawa’s experienced engineering resources ensured the project was successfully delivered, enabling Sunrise Energy to provide accurate mass balances and efficient terminal operations to its customers.
Möchten Sie weitere Informationen über unsere Mitarbeiter, Technologien und Lösungen?Kontakt