Innovative from the start. Responsive to the end. No matter where you are on your energy transition journey, we’ll help you get there with more capability, resiliency, and reliability.
Yokogawa’s smart energy management tools will help you keep pace with industry changes, reduce costs, and meet your sustainability goals across all your energy producing assets.
Whether meeting increasing power demands or leading the energy transition, Yokogawa’s Renewable Energy Data and Intelligence(REDI) technology overcomes the biggest challenges with the industry’s first comprehensive “sensor-to-enterprise” solution: REDI
Yes, I Want a Consultation
Tapping the sun’s energy and its possibilities.
Generating electricity despite the weather.
Reducing emissions for home grown energy.
Cleaning up the world we live in.
Hitting clean energy goals with wind farms and wind turbines.
Reliable monitoring and control of hydropower plants around the world.
Harvesting around the clock energy from tropical waters.
A Comprehensive Solution Across the Entire H2 Ecosystem
What Is Renewable Energy?
Renewable energy is derived from naturally replenishing sources like sun, wind, geothermal, and ocean energy. In addition to being a less finite solution compared to traditional energy sources like coal and oil, renewable energy is also intended to contribute fewer net carbon emissions or greenhouse gases such as methane and carbon dioxide.
What Are Renewable Energy Sources
These are a few of the most common renewable energy sources:
- Solar energy- trapping heat from the sun's radiation for a chemical reaction or the generation of electricity.
- Wind- the wind pushes turbines, rotating blades to spin electric generators.
- Hydropower- water to energy conversion includes pumped storage from dams, free-flowing water in rivers or streams, or waves in the case of ocean energy conversion.
- Geothermal- to heat or cool buildings, geothermal heat pumps use water pumps 30-100 feet (9-30 meters) underground. Also, deep wells and geothermal vents can be used to access water further underground that becomes hot from the extreme pressure of the rock above.
- Ocean thermal energy conversion- using the energy from hot and cold ocean water circulating through varying depths
Yokogawa Renewable Energy & RAP
The RAP system prioritizes risk assessment in permitting backed by a solid knowledge base of potential hazards with easy controls and configuration.
- Mobile and mapping
- Audit and report
- Change management
- Risk assessment and PtW
- Safe lockouts
- Planning and turnaround
- Operations management
- Yokogawa provided control solutions for expansion project in sugar and bio-energy plant.
- Consolidated central control room was designed for safe, comfortable, and efficient work environment.
- Yokogawa participated in Japan's largest wind power plant construction project.
- The comprehensive solution including SCADA system provides safe and secure remote operation.
CENTUM VP was selected for the BOP in a concentrated solar power plant of the Xina Solar One Project.
Yokogawa provided a complete control system solution that integrates the subsystems in the plant as a system of systems.
PT PLN selected Yokogawa to automate plant and turbine startup/shutdown processes in 2008.
In 2021, a plant expansion project was successfully completed through continuous collaboration between the customer and Yokogawa.
Clean, stable, and sustainable power mixed energy portfolio of conventional and renewable energies meeting the increasing power market demand.
Territory Generation supplies electricity to the NT's grid with their 8 geographically isolated power stations.
Territory Generation selected FAST/TOOLS to integrate new & renewable energy to the power grid.
Okinawa Prefecture is promoting clean energy with the aim of becoming a low-carbon society in the 21st century. Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) technology is particularly well suited for this purpose, and is expected to both reduce the environmental impact that power generation has in the prefecture and lessen the prefecture's dependence on imported fossil fuels.
- Thai SPP uses CENTUM CS 3000 to improve efficiency of Biomass Power Plant
- The burning of the ground rice husks in the boiler's furnace chamber is a complex process that must be carefully controlled
- The community energy management system (CEMS) at F-Grid Miyagi efficiently supplies electricity and heat to the industrial park.
- During the two-year demonstration experiment, costs were reduced by 20% compared with the past.
- The STARDOM network-based control system and FA-M3 range-free controllers play an important role in smoothing out the supply of this power to the grid
- STARDOM and FA-M3 ensure smooth supply of power to grid by wind farm equipped with large-capacity NAS batteries
- Yokogawa's CENTUM CS 3000 DCS Monitors and Controls Operations at Poultry Litter-to-energy Plant
- The boiler and turbine startup procedures reduces operator workload and helps to ensure a smooth and safe startup
- Italian waste to energy plant turns to CENTUM, PRM and FOUNDATION fieldbus solution
- Nearly 1500 FOUNDATION fieldbus devices are monitored and managed using the PRM
- Modern waste to energy facility in UK uses CENTUM CS 3000 and ProSafe-RS
- Lakeside exports at least 34MW per hour to the country's national grid
- Australian National University's "Big Dish" controlled by Yokogawa PLC and FAST/TOOLS SCADA
- FAST/TOOLS benefits us in many ways and allows us to clearly see the entire process, giving us the information we need to take immediate action
- Yokogawa's HXS10 solar controller optimizes conversion efficiency at Australian solar cooling plant
- Accurate sun tracking and visualization of all process data
Aboitiz Power Corporation is a holding company that was set up by the Aboitiz Group to oversee its investments in power generation, distribution, retail, and services. The company owns and operates several hydroelectric and geothermal power plants as well as a number of non-renewable power facilities throughout the Philippines. It also owns distribution utilities that are centered in high-growth areas in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- A robust and reliable integrated control and safety system (ICSS) made up of the CENTUM CS3000 PCS and the ProSafe-RS SIS ensures safe operations while fully automating key processes.
- A variety of analytical instruments accurately measure the concentrations of key components, and this data can be monitored and controlled by the Yokogawa PCS.
- CENTUM CS 3000 replaces legacy system at Paris's largest waste to energy plant
- Exaquantum is used to calculate plant performance and generate the reports needed to optimize operations and demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Complex starting up and shutting down operations of a biomass power plant were automated with CENTUM VP.
- Operator errors and interventions were eliminated in all critical processes.
Power monitoring package SMARTDAC+ GM and UPM100 system measures and quantifies the electrical energy consumption for each assembly line.
Industrial hydrogen fuel cells can be used to produce hydrogen and oxygen from distilled water as well as run in reverse to generate electricity. Fuel cells can also be used in conjunction with intermittent energy sources like solar or wind to provide regulated continuous energy output.
Geothermal power plants create electricity from geothermal energy. These power plants are similar to other steam turbine station; however their heat source is that of the earth's core. The created steam is used to turn the turbine for the production of electricity. Technologies include Dry steam, Flash steam and Binary cycle power stations with Binary cycle being the most common geothermal plant in current production. In the process of geothermal power generation the facility needs to monitor various processes, as in this case steam line pressure sits in remote from control room's location.
A belt conveyor fire detection solution employing the DTSX distributed optical fiber temperature sensor can greatly reduce crises that can threaten a company's survival.
With industrial and economic development comes increasingly large and advanced power plants and factories. Nevertheless, we find many cases where the original cables, cable tunnels, and other components of the power infrastructure have languished under continuous operation.
Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) product and service offerings, industry domain knowledge, and VigilantPlant approach – which emphasizes safe, secure, and uninterrupted operations -- provide a solid foundation for an Industrial Internet of Things that specifically addresses the requirements of process automation, particularly for the OT side of the equation. To be able to provide an equally solid foundation for the IT side, Yokogawa is partnering with Cisco Systems and other industry leaders.
This white paper provides an overview of how Yokogawa believes its customers can best prepare for and position themselves to benefit from IIoT-enabled technology and solutions and digitalization in general to emerge as the successful connected industrial enterprises of the future.
The worlds of process automation and production management have been converging for some time. What once used to be islands of automation and production management functionality connected through highly proprietary integration schemes that were costly to maintain have developed into integrated platforms that provide seamless data exchange between the world of automation and the plant floor, the functions of production and operations management, and integration with business level systems.
The automation suppliers that will be successful in the long term will be those that effectively address application or industry specific problems for end users with a value proposition that cannot be ignored. These problems exist throughout the process industries today, and they won't be solved by simply offering a product, but through a combination of hardware, software, services, application expertise, and knowledge.
In ARC's view, customers need a compelling business value proposition to justify investment in any kind of automation. Vigilance and VigilantPlant were created with this in mind. Yokogawa's vision with VigilantPlant is to create an environment where plant personnel and operators are well informed, alert, and ready to take action.
Yokogawa has come a long way in making its message clear to the world of process automation. Last year, the company embarked on a full-scale global marketing campaign to make customers aware of the company's focus on system reliability, security, dependability, and robustness. Dubbed "Vigilance", the campaign created a unified message for the company and greatly helped expand awareness of the Yokogawa brand and corporate philosophy.
Process automation end users are under more pressure than ever to do more with less. The current economic climate means that many automation capital projects are on hold. With capital budgets tighter than ever, users instead focus on operational budgets (where cost cutting is also a key concern), or on automation investments with a very rapid return on investment.
In today's dynamic industrial marketplace, the only constant is change. Raw material costs, energy costs, market demands, environmental and safety regulations, technology, and even the nature of the labor force itself are constantly changing, and not always in predictable directions.
Digital twins are dynamic digital representations that enable companies to understand, predict and radically reorient their business processes.
Smart devices, like Yokogawa’s line of Total Insight transmitters and flowmeters contribute to Digital Transformation during operations and throughout the lifecycle of the instrument.
Off the Grid – Distributed and Greener Energy Networks are Here
Environmental friendliness (E) must be assessed in today's product design in addition to the conventional design considerations of quality (Q), cost (C), and lead time (D). Hence, the product design system must be urgently restructured in order to minimize the environmental impact of a product throughout its life-cycle from purchase of the materials and parts, through manufacturing and distribution, to use and disposal.
The lifetime of a pH sensor has a significant impact on the overall annual costs of a pH measuring loop. Optimizing four key factors will decrease these costs and optimize process control and overall plant efficiency.
Kind of. Calibration itself will not extend the life of a sensor, however, a sensor that is not calibrated properly can cause unreliable measurements - that are often misdiagnosed leading to unnecessary replacements.
Open up control. Open Process Automation (OPA) opens the door to expanded choices, leverage, and customization.
Create a scalable, sustainable architecture. Remove the restraints of proprietary systems. OPA enables you to leverage all available technologies to open up solutions. Explore the possibilities today.
The YSS1000 setting software (hereinafter referred to as the YSS1000) is package software to configure the functions of the YS1000 series (hereinafter referred to as the YS1000) devices. Writing and reading of parameters and user programs of the YS1000, and PID tuning and monitoring of user programs can be performed through the use of communication.
Watch the film by KBC who are supporting their clients in their efforts to address climate change and sustainability.
In this episode, Elizabeth Corner speaks to Mark Breese, Global Sales Manager, Yokogawa RAP, about safe contractor management and digital control of work systems. Mark offers insight on: contractor incident statistics, managing contractor EHS performance, digital control of work solutions, and safe workforce culture.
Yokogawa Completes Installation of High-Performance Combustion Control Solution at Poland's Largest Waste-to-Energy Plant
- Increases waste incineration volume by 5,500 tons annually if operated at full capacity -
- Integrating the facility's plant control and energy management systems -
Yokogawa Completes Installation of IoT System for Integrated Remote Performance Management at Kenya’s Olkaria Geothermal Complex, the Largest in Africa
- Optimizing maintenance to maximize power generation efficiency and ensure a stable supply of power -
Yokogawa Acquires PXiSE, a Developer of High-speed Control Software for Grids and Renewable Energy Assets
- Solutions enable optimized energy distribution, electrical grid resilience, and higher return on assets -
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us