Want to integrate your site data and embrace the IIoT?
The SMART 920 is a wireless recording solution for the SMARTDAC+ family of recorders and data loggers. With the SMART 920, a GX20, GP20 or a GM10 will become a completely self-contained industrial data acquisition system that supports data collection from both wired and wireless points.
When you need to add measurement points that cannot be easily reached, or when it becomes expensive or difficult to run wire to that point, a wireless solution is recommended.
Equipped with 920 MHz Mesh network technology, the SMART 920 has a longer range than one in the 2.4 GHz band typically used in wireless LAN applications. The 920 MHz wireless signal also gives it a greater reach around obstacles, making it favorable for long distance or highly obstructed environments.
Note: The use of SMART 920 enabled units is limited to the United States, Korea and Japan. Please refer to the instruction for proper installation and use.
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa’s industrial automation (IA) and control business and stands for excellence in the related technology and solutions. It consists of categories and families under each category. This product belongs to the OpreX Data Acquisition family that is aligned under the OpreX Measurement category.
Flexible transmission of important data
Flexible wireless communication
- Communication between the main unit and a SMART 920 remote unit can be established up to approximately 1 km in line of sight.
- The intelligent mesh network automatically recognizes unstable wireless links and re-routes data to a clear channel.
High speed, high reliability, multi-channel communication
- It is possible to communicate with 100 slave devices at 1 second update speeds.
- We can support a wide range of applications from small single point to large multi-point applications.
Modbus master commands: Up to 100
Communication channels: Up to 500
(large memory type)
Notification by alarm when communication is disconnected
- In the unlikely event that wireless communications is interrupted whereas data cannot be collected, the master unit will inform you by alarm.
Can be easily installed in locations without power
- Since the GX70SM is a compact, battery-powered wireless input unit, it can be easily mounted and used in areas without power.
- With the arrival of a portable master recorder, you can change layout even more flexibly.
- Displays the GX70SM battery status on trends, numeric, bar graph, and other monitor screens.
Interpolation of data loss (when using GX70SM) New
- If all communication routes are down, the GX70SM continues to collect data. It is possible to restore the data stored in the GX70SM into the missing record of the GX20 / GP20 / GM10.
- The module can retain 9000 points of logged data.
- If the wireless connection is interrupted for any reason, the missing data can be restored from the GM70SMs memory.
* 30 days at a 5-minute scan interval
Supports for the pharmaceutical field realized by wireless
Pharmaceutical warehouse temperature mapping and continuous monitoring New
The wireless input unit (GX70SM) provides a continuous temperature mapping and recording solution in product storage areas. Plus, it can continuously monitor risk points throughout the warehouse.
Validation documents NEW
- Additional verification protocols are available for the GX70SM wireless module. They can be combined with the SMARTDAC+ validation document (sold separately). You can reduce validation man-hours by using the GX70SM validation document, 773230/W.
It enables visualization (graphing) of power usage in factories, creating reports, and other tasks, and helps you identify areas of wasted power.
Power monitoring package
Monitor integrated values of watt hours with hourly, weekly, and monthly reports.
You can also compare with past data.
Monitor equipment operating conditions on production lines and other locations with the SMARTDAC 920
You can monitor equipment operating conditions on production lines and other locations. By incorporating computation functions you can tabulate downtime, count system shutdowns, and manage other data, and you can monitor and manage conditions on the master side.
See data in areas without power (when using GX70SM)
Temperature and humidity management of clean room
The wireless input unit GX70SM has built-in humidity sensor. It can be used in areas with severe restrictions such as the clean rooms. Also, the inputs can be calibrated by the customer.
Improve working conditions in a factory
Because of its excellent responsiveness to aggressive temperature changes, we are able to control the temperature and humidity inside the factory. We can see environmental and safety conditions and to take measures against heat stroke of personnel.
Improves status and remote monitoring
Storage warehouse door state and temperature monitoring
Monitor the temperature of the warehouse and check whether the door is open right from the office. Customize your display for immediate grasp of conditions.
Remotely Monitor Operating Conditions
Clean room The ability to remotely monitor conditions in clean rooms is crucial in industries such as pharmaceutical/bio-tech or food and beverage.
- No wiring needed
- Easy to add instruments
- Reduce the frequency of entering and exiting the clean room .... and other benefits
Monitor and record the field data (temperature, flow and pH etc.) from the office building
Wirelessly connect to the temperature, flow, and pH values displayed on measurement panels distributed throughout the factory, and remotely monitor and record them.
The SMART 920 lineup of 920 MHz equipped instrumentation can be selected and deployed based on the application and the installation environment
As a master station
As a master unit, the SMART 920 equipped units will collect and record wireless data from products equipped as slave devices.
|Panel Mount Recorder
|Portable Data Acquisition
|Modular Data Logger
As a mesh network relay
These devices will reliably route wireless data across the mesh network to the master station. These unit will perform as range extenders or as smart routers, directing wireless data to the next relay with the strongest connection.
|Modular Data Logger
|Temperature Controller / Gateway
As a slave device
These devices collect process data that is wirelessly transmitted to the master station or repeater. Various mounting option are available. Along with simple point measurement, these units can provide a variety of I/O functions that can be monitored and controlled over the wireless network (PID control & ladder control). Remote devices that need to be monitored wirelessly but do not have wireless capabilities can be connected to the SMART 920 network by way of the Modbus gateway.
|Wireless Input Unit
|Modular Data Logger
|Temperature Controller / Gateway
- GX20/GP20 (/CM2 and /CM3 options), GM10 (/CM2, /CS2, /CM3 and /CS3 options) 920MHz wireless communication First Step Guide_US,KR (1.3 MB)
- Model GX20/GP20/GM10, UT52A/UT32A, UPM100 920 MHz Wireless Communication, MH920 Console International (For the US and the Korea) (11.6 MB)
- Model GX70SM Wireless Input Unit First Step Guide (Notes about Using This Product) (For the US and the Republic of Korea) (4.1 MB)
- Model UPM100 Universal Power Monitor (For the Republic of Korea) (4.0 MB)
- SMARTDAC+ STANDARD Hardware Configurator User's Manual (4.0 MB)
- UT52A/MDL, UT32A/MDL Digital Indicating Controller (DIN Rail Mounting and Wireless Communication Type) Operation Guide (US, KR) (1.1 MB)
- SMARTDAC+ STANDARD Universal Viewer User's Manual (4.1 MB)
- Model GX70SM Wireless Input Unit User’s Manual (4.2 MB)
- GX20/GP20 (/CM2 option) GM (/CM2 and /CS2 options) 920MHz Wireless Communication (2.3 MB)
- GX20/GP20 (/CM3 option), GM (/CM3 and /CS3 options) 920MHz Wireless Communication (For Republic of Korea) (2.2 MB)
- Model UPM100 Universal Power Monitor (For the Republic of Korea) (2.6 MB)
- UT32A/MDL Digital Indicating Controller (DIN Rail Mounting and Wireless Communication Type) (For the Republic of Korea) (1.4 MB)
- Model 773230 Validation Document for SMARTDAC+ (for the /AS option) (335 KB)
- Model GX70SM Wireless Input Unit (For the US) (2.2 MB)
- UT52A/MDL, UT32A/MDL Digital Indicating Controller (DIN Rail Mounting and Wireless Communication Type) (1.4 MB)
- GX70SM Wireless Input Unit (For the Republic of Korea) (2.3 MB)
- Model GX70SM Wireless Input Unit (689 KB)
- Model UPM100 Universal Power Monitor (Wireless Communication Type) (For the Repupblic of Korea) (323 KB)
- Model UT32A/MDL Controller (Mount on DIN Rail and Wireless Communication Type) (For the US and the Republic of Korea) (377 KB)
- Paperless Recorder GX20 (/CM2, /CM3) (For the US and the Republic of Korea) (1.1 MB)
- Paperless Recorder GP20 (/CM2, /CM3) (For the US and the Republic of Korea) (998 KB)
Wireless instrumentation represent solutions for many of the issues that process plants face today. In this episode, Sean interviews Simon Lillie. They discuss myths around the history of ISA100.11a and some of the interesting challenges wireless instrumentation can solve.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us