For the first time ever, you can obtain Light Obscuration data to meet USP regulatory guidelines, and verify your data with real images, all with a single instrument, and a single sample run.
Our new FlowCam LO instrument combines our patented flow imaging microscopy technology with an embedded light obscuration particle counter to provide you with the necessary data for USP regulations and validation with images.
Pictured here: A schematic diagram of the fluid path in the FlowCam LO, biopharmaceutical sample imaged by the FlowCam
Existing customers, please contact FlowCam Customer Care for technical support issues and questions.
In FlowCam LO, a single sample passes continuously through two flow cells. The first uses FlowCam technology to capture digital images and the second uses the light obscuration method to collect data for USP regulations.
While analysis with light obscuration is standard, the FDA has long made clear that size data alone, collected with light obscuration, is not adequate to ensure safe and effective drugs, and that it's necessary to provide validation and imaging data using orthogonal methods. FlowCam LO has the orthogonal method built in.
FlowCam LO Provides:
- USP <787/788> compliance data with light obscuration
- Flow imaging microscopy validation of particle types with images
- Identification of additional particles missed by light obscuration alone
- Greater understanding of drug product formulation
FlowCam LO Specifications:
- Particle Size Range: 2 µm to 70 µm
- Magnification: 10X
- Flow Cells: Flow Imaging Module: 80 µm x 700 µm quartz; LO Module: 1 mm x 0.4 mm quartz
- Sample Processing Capability: 0.2 mL / minute
- Sample Volume Range: 250 µL - 2 mL
- Flow Imaging Module Camera: High resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels) CMOS (monochrome and color available)
- Frame Rate: Shutters up to 100 frames per second
- Light Obscuration Light Source: Solid-state laser diode, 785 nm
- Light Obscuration Detection Method: Light extinction, volumetric
- Fluidics: Micro-syringe pump with 2.5 mL syringe
- Equipped with our image analysis software VisualSpreadsheet
Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies, Inc., manufactures industry-leading particle analysis instrumentation based on digital imaging technology. Our flagship product, FlowCam®, is the first automated particle analysis instrument to use digital imaging for measuring size and shape of microscopic particles in a fluid medium. With applications in marine & freshwater research, biopharmaceutical research & development, municipal water, industrial manufacturing, and many other markets, Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies leads the way in imaging particle analysis.
This video for Biopharmaceutical Markets showcases the suite of instruments specifically intended to improve laboratory workflow in formulation development and quality control. See how FlowCam 8000, FlowCam Nano, FlowCam LO, and ALH (Automated Liquid Handler) for FlowCam work with VisualAI, artificial intelligence software to speed processes and improve the accuracy of your particle analysis.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us