The Risk Assessment Process in the system enables the user to identify all hazards present in the workplace that have the potential to cause harm and put in place the necessary control measures to mitigate the level of risk.
- Knowledge-based Risk Assessment control measures
- Risk Assessment for each work activity step
The fully knowledge-based system can be used in a qualitative or quantitative manner to carry out a risk assessment, ensuring all hazards are reduced as low as reasonably possible (ALARP).
For more information on Risk Assessment Module please visit www.yokogawa-rap.com.
Listen to Neil Northwood speak about Risk Assessment.
- Companies looking at a digital control of work solution are typically using paper systems. The challenges of paper systems in terms of Risk Assessment are:
- Variable and inconsistent risk assessments
- Illegible or difficult to read
- Cannot print non-control copies in other languages for increased understanding
- Limited opportunities to add learning
- It is a legal requirement for any employer to keep their employees safe
- Yokogawa’s Digital Control of Work Solution has built-in knowledge gained over millions of hours of risk assessment and permitting work available directly to all users
- Knowledge is broken down into categories represented by icons, allowing for simple and speedy navigation
- The Icons describe every single maintenance activity, tool, and working condition that exists at the location
- The system identifies all hazards present in the workplace and put in place the necessary controls to mitigate the risk.
- It makes Hazard Identification and Control Selection user friendly and easier to make the correct choice
- Ensures compliance
- Upfront planning of permits
- Ensures the right person is looking at the hazards and selecting the right controls with authorization requirements much clearer
- Add learning quickly and easily
- Multiple languages in one system
- Greatly improved Efficiency
In this Yokogawa RAP Best Practices eBook, you’ll discover how our wealth of knowledge about Integrated Safe Systems and Control of Work is available to help you and your teams design and implement a system that best suits your needs.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us