What are Gas Analyzers?
Real-time gas analysis enhances efficiency, safety, throughput, product quality, and ensures environmental compliance. Gas analysis can utilize various technologies such as tunable diode laser spectroscopy, zirconia oxygen analysis, infrared gas analysis, stack gas analysis, dust monitoring, process gas chromatography, continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS), hydrogen purity analysis, and gas density systems. Selecting the correct technology is critical to measurement accuracy, reliability, and durability.
Yokogawa's years of application expertise enable our customers to save time, money, and resources by collaboratively selecting the optimal gas analyzer solution.
- Tunable Diode Laser Spectrometers (TDLS) laser-based gas analyzers
- Fast-update optical analysis
- Safe and environmentally responsible according to industry standards
- Process gas chromatography machines
- For separating and analyzing chemical compounds in gas phase of online industrial processes
Oxygen analyzers provide valuable measurements in combustion control, process quality, safety and environmental applications.
- Gas density analyzers/hydrogen gas analyzer
- Continuous measurement of gas density
- Other valuable parameters, including specific gravity, density of hydrogen gas, and percent concentration
- Non-Dispersive Infrared Gas Analyzers (NDIR)
- High sensitivity measurement
- CO2, CO, CH4, NO, and SO2
- Paramagnetic or external zirconia O2 analyzer
The Yokogawa Advanced Reflux Sampler is designed to provide conditioning for severe service analysis needs using a simple self contained two stage system. The first stage is designed to provide filtration of particulate and passive cooling.
This web tool makes it easier to find products according to the application, measurement conditions and required specifications.
Gas Density/Hydrogen Purity Analyzer
GD402/GD40 Gas Density Meter
- Measures gas density with high sensitivity and quick response. Also capable of displaying specific gravity and molecular weight derived from the density data.
- Can be used in hazardous areas with explosive atmospheres (FM, CSA, TIIS)
- Hydrogen purity and replacement meter for power generators
Zirconia Oxygen Analyzer
ZR402/ZR202 Zirconia Oxygen Analyzers
- Measurement with probe directly inserted into furnace or boiler
- Integrated and separate types available
- Also can be used as a high temperature humidity analyzer
- Fully field-repairable probe
- HART communication
- Explosionproof (FM, CSA, ATEX) (ZR22S, ZR202S)
The U.S. refineries represent approximately 23 percent of the world's petroleum production, and the United States has the largest refining capacity in the world. Petroleum refining is an industry, which is undergoing intense amounts of scrutiny in the United States from regulatory agencies and environmental groups.
Yokogawa’s Tunable Diode Laser Spectroscopy (TDLS) is the ideal solution for both oxygen and carbon monoxide measurements in process furnaces that have aggressive and corrosive components.
Environmental pollution caused by volatile organic compounds (VOCs) has become a global environment issue, including issues on effects upon health. This paper introduces a system based on detection and sampling technologies and developed for measuring goes in the global environment. Small amounts of VOCs are measured with a gas chromatograph or photoionization detector (PID). VOCs in water are sampled using a sparging method. A small quantity of VOC constituents of more than 20 different types can be measured with a gas chromatograph using a programmed temperature oven. The PID can detect a ppb level of VOCs that are ionized using a vacuum ultraviolet radiation lamp. We expect these devices will be useful for improving the global Environment.
Marcus Trygstad, Yokogawa Corporation of America, outlines the advantages of EUVF technology for total reduced sulfur measurement in flare gas.
The EPA rule, 40 CFR 63 Subparts CC and UUU, is forcing refineries to monitor flares. Fortunately, modern analyzer technology makes it possible to meet the requirements, generate the necessary reports, and stay in compliance.
Here’s how to select the right analyzer to meet these demands.
Vibrating element (VBE) type gas measurement devices measure refinery reformer stream compositions, power generator hydrogen purity, centripetal compressor gas inputs, process heater fuel gas quality, and others in multiple process control environments.
- Oxygen Analyzer Selection Guide (727 KB)
- TDLS8100/8200 Probe Sampling (527 KB)
- Care & Maintenance of Gas Density Systems
- Calibration Basics for Gas Density Applications
- Measuring Process Oxygen with Truepeak TDLS In Lieu of Paramagnetic
- Simplifying Sample Handling System (SHS) Integration: Lag Time Simplified
TDLS8100 & TDLS8200 Features and Benefits Video
Yokogawa’s new TDLS8000 houses all of the industry’s leading features in one robust device. The platform design is for in situ measurements which negate the need for sample extraction and conditioning. The non-contacting sensor allows for a variety of process types including corrosive, abrasive and condensing. The first generation platform has been proven in many others for the measurements of O2, CO, CH4, NH3, H2O and many more NIR absorbing gases. This second generation platform has improved reliability and ease of installation and maintenance while still meeting or exceeding designed application demands.
Nick Crowe discusses whether to calibrate or validate your analyzers. He demystifies the differences between both options and uncovers the truth about performing either.
This time around, Nelson Isea discusses the many misconceptions around Gas Chromatographs. Technicians see this machine as Black Magic, too complex to understand and believe a Chemistry degree is necessary to service them. Tune in to find out more about this insightful chat.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us