Event Mar 23, 2023Gonzales, LA
2023 Process Analyzer Association Show
Join Yokogawa's analytical experts as they share our solutions for liquid and gas analytical measurements, analyzer system installation, startup and commissioning services, maintenance, and training.
Conference Apr 17 - 21, 2023Galveston, TX
Analyzer Technology Conference
Yokogawa will be at the 2023 Analyzer Technology Conference to share our solutions for liquid and gas analytical measurements, analyzer system installation, startup and commissioning services, maintenance, and training.
What is a Liquid Analyzer?
Liquid pH ORP analyzers and conductivity analysers are used for monitoring process chemistry including water quality, providing process optimization and control. Common measurements include pH, ORP, conductivity, resistivity, percent concentration, and dissolved oxygen.
Industrial Applications of Liquid Analyzers
What is conductivity in water treatment?
In water treatment, water must pass a conductivity test to see if it passes an electrical current. Conductivity in water is related to inorganic solids, including ions carrying a negative charge (chloride, nitrate, sulfate, phosphate anions) and ions carrying a positive charge (sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, aluminum cations). The conductivity level of water is also dependent on temperature.
Benefits of Liquid Analyzers
Liquid analysis is essential for protecting capital assets including boilers and cooling towers, by preventing corrosion, minimizing maintenance, and maximizing uptime.
Yokogawa is a recognized world leader for reliable liquid analytical equipment, providing accurate and repeatable solutions for maintaining and controlling even the most demanding process optimization and control applications with unparalleled ease of operation.
Use our Liquid Analyzer Sensor Wiring Guide to easily find the correct wiring for your liquid analyzer sensor.
SENCOM™ SMART Digital Sensors
- SENCOM™ SMART Digital Sensors
- Maintain specific measurement/calibration data on integrated chip
- Data exchanged between sensor and process transmitter or PC using data management software like SPS24
pH and ORP Analyzers
pH and ORP meters, analyzers and transmitters are used for continuous process monitoring of pH and ORP to ensure water/product quality, monitor effluent discharge, batch neutralization, pulp stock, scrubbers, cooling towers, chemical, water/wastewater treatment and many other applications.
pH and ORP Sensors
- pH and ORP sensors
- Proper pH electrode/sensor selection critical for optimal measurement results
- Installation options include retractable, flow thru, immersion, and direct insertion
- Conductivity analyzers, meters, transmitters
- Continuous process measurement and monitoring
- Conductivity, resistivity, WIFI, demineralizer water, RO water, percent concentration, boiler blowdown, TDS
- Conductivity sensors and electrodes
- Process conductivity, resistivity, WIFI, demineralizer water, RO water, percent concentration, boiler blowdown, and TDS
- Retractable, flow thru, immersion, and direct insertion
Dissolved Oxygen Analyzers
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO) meters, analyzers and transmitters
- Continuous process measurement and monitoring
- Milligrams per liter (mg/l),parts per million (ppm), parts per billion (ppb), or % saturation.
Dissolved Oxygen Sensors
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO) sensors/electrodes
- Polarographic, galvanic, optical measurement
- Floating ball, retractable, flow thru, immersion, direct insertion installation
- TB820D next-generation digital Turbidity meter
- Turbidity analyzer connects to FLXA402T.
- LED light source, flat window structure cell, new diagnostic functions, ultrasonic cleaning
- Non-reagent type chlorine analyzer for measuring free chlorine
- Reagent type chlorine sensor for measuring free chlorine or residual chlorine (total chlorine)
Water Supply Treatment
FAST/TOOLS, STARDOM, Flowmeters, Liquid Analyzers
- Bali's water treatment plant decided to employ the latest reliable control system in order to increase availability and quality of operation.
- Centralized control system using FAST/TOOLS provides the sophisticated and flexible operation.
SMART digital sensors and advanced data management software enhance reliability and process safety.
Conductivity measurement can be used as a reliable indicator of the real-time brine concentration. Using an online process analyzer removes the need for timely grab sample analysis.
Dairy wastewater is a mixture of organic compounds, suspended solids, fats, and bacteria that can produce a film or coating on equipment in the process.
Problems at the wet end of a paper machine can rarely be corrected downstream. That is why monitoring and controlling pH in pulp stock is critical to the paper-making process. Essentially, at every stage in the manufacture of paper, correct pH values play a vital role. Variations in the pH value at the headbox have a negative effect on the quality of the paper produced. Proper monitoring ensures minimizing plugging and fouling problems that occur with pH measurements in paper mills.
After extraction from sugar cane or sugar beets, the juice must be purified to remove the many other organics and minerals that accompany it. The processing to accomplish this is heavily dependent on reliable pH measurement and control as illustrated.
Yokogawa’s Process Liquid Analyzers series help pigment producers achieve a more reliable and accurate analysis of pH during industrial bioprocesses, improving product quality with less total operation costs.
Read this eBook to learn how to best leverage the latest measurement instrumentation to avoid incidents and improve productivity. You will also find valuable information about overcoming common CIP challenges and stories of success.
Get the most from what exists currently and take advantage of new methods. Appeared in the March 2021 issue of an ISA.org publication.
- Product Solution Catalog (5.2 MB)
- Importance of Analyzer Maintenance (194 KB)
- Liquid Analyzer Sensors and Fittings (5.9 MB)
- Process Analyzers Analytical Instruments and Systems Overview
- Product Solution Catalog Applications (2.8 MB)
- Water Industry Solutions (739 KB)
- FLXA402 4-Wire Liquid Analyzer, SA11 SENCOM Smart Adapter (2.9 MB)
- Electrolyzer Solution Instruments and Solution for Ion-Membrane Electrolyzer Plant Application (3.4 MB)
- Electrolysis Solutions: Instrumentation Solutions for Electrolysis Plant Applications (5.9 MB)
- SENSTATION (492 KB)
- Model FF20 Flow fittings Model FS20 Subassembly flow fittings Model FD20 immersion fitting (3.4 MB)
- Model FU24F pH/ORP SENCOMR sensor (1.3 MB)
- FLXA202 / FLXA21 2-Wire Liquid Analyzer Start-up Manual (1.4 MB)
- Model PH202SJ [Style: S2] 2-wire pH/ORP Transmitter (293 KB)
- Electrodes - Instructions for placing colour code marks (87 KB)
- ISC202SJ [Style: S1] 2-wire Inductive Conductivity Transmitter with Supplement (371 KB)
- SC202SJ [Style: S2] 2-wire Transmitter for Conductivity or Resistivity with Supplement (1.3 MB)
- SS400G MLSS Converter (3.7 MB)
- PH8USF ULTRASONIC OSCILLATOR (Explosionproof Type) and PH8AL ALARM BOX (889 KB)
- pH and ORP Handbook
- pH/ORP Analyzer Selection Guide (726 KB)
- Choosing the Right Electrodes (720 KB)
- FLXA202/FLXA21 2-Wire Analyzer HART Communication (1.9 MB)
- Contacting Conductivity sensor selection guide (1.6 MB)
- FLEXA/EXA PH Series Process pH Meters Basic and Products (1.2 MB)
- Cation Differential Quick Start Guide (1.4 MB)
- Conductivity Analyzer Guide (968 KB)
- Process Liquid Analyzer Sensor Wiring Guide
- Boiler Life Cycle Considerations
SENCOM- The Next Generation in SMART Liquid Analyzers
Yokogawa’s SENCOM SMART Sensor Platform is an innovative analyzer platform that optimizes maintenance, reduces configuration time, and simplifies in-field maintenance and calibration. Yokogawa is a recognized world leader for reliable liquid analytical equipment, providing accurate and repeatable solutions for maintaining and controlling even the most demanding process applications.
Nick Crowe discusses whether to calibrate or validate your analyzers. He demystifies the differences between both options and uncovers the truth about performing either.
We invited Nick Crowe, our Product Manager for Analytical Products to debunk myths around Liquid Analysers. In part 1 of this series, Sean asked him whether the maintenance-free analyzer is a myth?
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us