Industrial water is used in all industrial plants such as power generation stations, refineries and petrochemical plants. Yokogawa’s single control platform handles all water and wastewater control processing integrated with the main process.
- Operation efficiency improvement package: Exapilot
- Event analysis package: Exaplog
- Plant information management system: Exaquantum
- Plant resource manager: PRM
SCADA/PLC & RTU
- SCADA : Fast/Tools
- PLC & RTU: Stardom, FA-M3
Distributed Control System (DCS)
- DCS: CENTUM VP
Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
- SIS: ProSafe-RS
Data Acquisition & Control Equipment
- Paperless recorders : GX10/GX20, GP10/GP20, DL850E/DL850EV, XL120
- Data acquisition equipment : SMARTDAC+ GX/GP series, Daqstation series
- Temperature controller: UT Series Temperature Controllers
- Digital indicating controller: UP Series Program Controllers, UM Series Digital Indicators with Alarms
- Single-loop controllers: YS1000 Series, YS80 Series
Field Wireless Products
- Field wireless multi-function module: FN510
- Field wireless multi-protocol module: FN310
- Wireless differential pressure/pressure transmitter: EJX B Series
- Wireless temperature transmitter: YTA510
- Multi-input temperature transmitter: YTMX580
- Field wireless management station: YFGW410
- Field wireless access point: YFGW510
- Field wireless media converter: YFGW610
- Field wireless integrated gateway: YFGW710
- Versatile device management wizard: FieldMate
- Pressure: EJX, EJA series
- Magnetic flowmeter: ADMAG series
- Vortex flowmeter: digitalYEWFLO series
- Coriolis mass flowmeter: ROTAMASS 3-series
- Ultrasonic flowmeter: US300PM, US300FM
- Temperature: YTA Series
- Level transmitter: EJX, EJA series
- Radar level meter: PULS60Y series
- Guided wave radar level meter: FLEX80Y series
- Ultrasonic level meter: SON60Y series
- pH/ORP analyzer: FLXA402, FLXA202, FLXA21, SENCOM Series
- Conductivity analyzer: FLXA402, FLXA202 , FLXA21
- Turbidity analyzer: TB820D, FLXA402T, TB400G
- Dissolved oxygen analyzer: FLXA402, FLXA202, FLXA21
- Chlorine analyzer: FC800D, FLXA402T
- MLSS analyzer: SS400
- Liquid density analyzer: DM8
What Kind of Water is Industrial Water?
Water is involved in almost every step of production in a plethora of industries. Before it's used in an industrial plant, raw water must meet stringent industrial water specifications for quality. Industrial wastewater is the by-product of those commercial/industrial processes, requiring careful industrial wastewater management to enable reuse or disposal. Industrial water treatment is extremely vital in industries such as food and beverage, dairy, sugar, textile manufacturing, pulp/paper mills, oil and gas, automotive and aircraft industries, and more.
You can measure and monitor integral flow (total and excess flow). You can also calculate the flow integral and excess usage with computation functions, and generate reports with the Report function. With the Excel template function, you can create templates in a desired report format for creating reports automatically.
Yokogawa’s ADMAG TI - AXG magnetic flowmeter (magmeter) with EtherNet/IP is used to measure the water moving from the pump to the snow cannons. The accurate measurement allows the operator to monitor and control the water in the mixture to produce artificial snow with the perfect consistency.
One of the most common applications for differential pressure transmitters is flow measurement. DPharp differential pressure transmitters have some unique signal conditioning features to eliminate instability at low flow rates.
What is screen differential control? This is a control application commonly found at utility plants located on rivers, lakes and other large bodies of water and at industrial facilities where a large amount of cooling water is used. Screen differential control and monitoring is needed to prevent damage to rotating screens caused by excessive pressure being applied by debris collecting on the screens.
By understanding what causes the difficulties in pH measurements and having the proper equipment, stable and accurate pure water pH measurement can be accomplished.
Asset health monitoring has long been in existence to protect expensive equipment and/or operations from costly, critical, or catastrophic failures, with numerous examples in nuclear, aeronautical, petrochemical, industries and beyond. The costs associated to install the sensors and asset health system way overcome the consequences of not implementing. However, this is not the case in all industries, with all equipment and/or all operations. In many cases equipment is run until failure and then repaired or replaced.
Kind of. Calibration itself will not extend the life of a sensor, however, a sensor that is not calibrated properly can cause unreliable measurements - that are often misdiagnosed leading to unnecessary replacements.
Optimizing the maintenance cycle is not always straightforward. In some cases, cleaning once a week is sufficient and other processes may require every 8 hours.
Learning these four lessons will help you improve your engineering skills and most importantly extend the life of your pH sensors.
Select the correct pH glass and reference type to improve your pH sensor lifetime and you can limit or even eliminate the effects of temperature and pressure on especially the reference sensor.
The lifetime of a pH sensor has a significant impact on the overall annual costs of a pH measuring loop. Optimizing four key factors will decrease these costs and optimize process control and overall plant efficiency.
- Yokogawa Corporation of America Corporate Overview (3.5 MB)
- Plant Asset Management (PAM)
- SENSTATION (492 KB)
- Liquid Analyzers in the Water Industry
- Digital Transformation of Manual Vibration Sampling
- Preserving Our Water Resources One Drop at a Time (6.5 MB)
- pH Quick Tips Infographic Poster (288 KB)
- Water Industry Solutions (739 KB)
- History of Yokogawa Turbidity and Chlorine Analyzers
- Turbidity and Chlorine Analyzer Platform for Smart City Water
A series of on-demand webinar videos on reverse osmosis (RO)
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us