Temperature monitoring of power cable junctions in an underground cable trench
- Narrow underground cable trench with high voltage cables (HT (6.6 KVA) and LT (400 V))
- High temperature at the junction due to high voltage power.
- Currently no temperature measurement system in place.
- Threat of fires due to high temperature cable junctions.
- Customer wants to add temperature measurement points for plant safety.
- High voltage cables generate high levels of electric noise.
- Wireless temperature measurement
gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1
repeater x1: between gateway and YTA.
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.
With repeater at center: The packet error rate was 0%.
- Eliminates wiring costs.
- Robust communication where other wireless solutions failed.
In the iron and steel industry, it is crucial to improve the quality of not only products but also manufacturing and operation technologies, as well as to address environmental and energy-efficiency issues. Yokogawa helps customers to create the ideal plant and evolves with them for mutual growth.
YFGW410 Field Wireless Management Station has system manager/security manager/gateway function based on ISA100.11a, and combining this with Field Wireless Access Point(YFGW510) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter(YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW520 Field Wireless Access Poin has backbone router function based on ISA, and combining this with Field Wireless Management Station (YFGW410) and/or Field Wireless Media Converter (YFGW610) composes the field wireless system.
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway comply to the wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA), and relays ISA100 Device data to the system via integrated backbone router. Single unit of YFGW710 has integrated functions of backbone router, system manager, security manage, and gateway.
The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.
The flexibility of wireless solutions enables less investment in infrastructure while providing greater insights into plant operations.