Press Release - July 27, 2017
Tokyo, Japan - July 27, 2017
Yokogawa to Provide Asset Management System for Singapore's Water Supply, Water Reclamation and Stormwater Management Facilities
Yokogawa Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6841) announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa Engineering Asia, has won a contract to supply an asset management system (AMS) to the PUB, Singapore’s national water agency. The purpose of the AMS is to enhance the reliability and productivity of the PUB’s operations. Yokogawa Engineering Asia will be in charge of supplying, implementing, and maintaining this system.
The PUB oversees the entire water cycle in Singapore, from rainwater collection and the purification and supply of drinking water to the treatment of used water and its reclamation to produce NEWater, Singapore’s own brand of ultra-clean, high-grade reclaimed water. The AMS will help the PUB manage each and every plant and network asset over its entire lifecycle. The AMS will automate processes such as fault reporting, maintenance scheduling, and management reporting. It will support the use of tablets by field teams for easy access to maintenance work processes and the use of radio frequency identification (RFID)* for inventory management. Yokogawa Engineering Asia will be in charge of developing this asset management system and will execute and manage the entire project, which is scheduled for completion by October 2019.
Yokogawa has accumulated a wealth of know-how by working with its customers to develop solutions for their water supply and wastewater treatment facilities, and continues to leverage its measurement, control, and information technologies to develop new systems that help companies run and manage their operations more efficiently. Yokogawa will continue to work with its customers to address whatever issues they face in their businesses and create new value.
* A means for wirelessly identifying and managing objects through the use of embedded microchips
Yokogawa's global network of 113 companies spans 60 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.5 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. Targeting this segment, Yokogawa helps companies maximize their profits by offering a wide range of highly reliable products and working with the subsidiary KBC Advanced Technologies to provide premium solutions and services. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
The names of organizations and products referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Press Releases in July of 2017
- July 27, 2017Yokogawa to Provide Asset Management System for Singapore's Water Supply, Water Reclamation and Stormwater Management Facilities
- July 25, 2017Yokogawa to Release ProSafe®-RS SIL2 Wireless Gas Detection System
- Offering of a total system solution, including consulting and engineering -
- July 21, 2017Yokogawa Acquires Norwegian Company with Advanced Chemical Injection Technology
- Strengthening our solutions targeting the oil and gas upstream and midstream sectors -
- July 13, 2017Yokogawa Meters & Instruments Releases LS3300 AC Power Calibrator Capable of Simultaneous AC Voltage and Current Output
- Limiting of functions to power meter calibration dramatically reduces initial cost -