Overcome Limits for Groundbreaking Performance
As plant operations become increasingly more intricate, the demand for new ways to meet KPIs and targets has never been greater. The fusion of technology and data-driven decision-making is here to pave the way forward. At the heart of this transformative journey lies the concept of the digital twin. Imagine having a virtual double of your entire operation—a digital twin not only duplicates every detail of your processes but also holds a cornucopia of historical insights and data sets.
Picture being able to see precise throughput and production rates. Plant managers can make pivotal but informed decisions and then view the projected efficiency changes as if they were already live. This isn't science fiction; it's a game-changing reality. A digital twin is more than just a model; it's a strategic tool that can empower your business to forecast future performance with remarkable accuracy and enable effective decision-making for safety, reliability, and profitability.
Begin the Digital Twin Benefits Journey Now:
- Enhanced performance optimization: Digital twins optimize assets, processes, and systems by leveraging real-time data and simulation capabilities. This leads to reduced downtime, proactive decision-making, and the ability to ensure actual performance meets planned performance.
- Improved maintenance strategies: Predictive maintenance based on real-time asset data minimizes failures, reduces downtime, and optimizes maintenance activities. Early anomaly detection enables timely intervention and efficient resource allocation.
- Refined decision-making: Digital twins provide comprehensive insights into asset behavior and performance, enabling data-driven decision-making at all levels. They facilitate scenario evaluation, impact assessment, and the selection of favorable actions.
Yes, I Want a Consultation
The Benefits of Digital Twins
More Effective Decision-Making
Experts can review recommended strategies to assess the impact of each recommended approach.
Improved Safety & Reliability
Digital twins mimic asset performance, which can be used to predict failures and avoid risks; this improves worker safety and plant reliability.
The digital twin allows “What if?” and “What’s best?” scenarios to be run simultaneously to determine available strategies that maximize profitability.
Digital twins also offer value in operational efficiency and insights into how products are used and how they can be improved:
- Field and line employees have the information they need to understand the bottom-line impact of their day-to-day choices
- Information flows across organizational boundaries
- Second-guessing of decisions is minimized
- Unit issues are identified and resolved faster
- Lost profit opportunities are minimized
- Performance gap visibility is improved
- Modeling, visualization and reporting tools are seamlessly integrated
Yokogawa's Digital Twin Solutions
A series of business and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are updated in real-time, plan versus actual, as part of an enterprise-wide balanced scorecard for corporate situational awareness. Advanced logic is applied to real-time operations data to project current and future understanding of the business for executives.
Key operator actions are captured, controlled and manipulated in real-time through monitoring and control of work processes. Minimize the learning curve for new operators, support change management and enable vastly improved scenario validation through operator training simulation and an ISA106-compliant modular procedure automation solution.
Multivariable predictive controls drive the plant continuously to its optimum constraints by reacting to disturbances in a closed loop.
Value Chain Optimization
Drive agile and efficient alignment of supply of premium products as closely as possible to market demand with sufficient resilience or operational flexibility to readily adjust production and exploit market opportunities through supply chain planning, scheduling and production accounting.
Automation and Control Integrity
Digital representation of the live plant and its automation algorithms through the “twin” function of an Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) allows engineers to conduct fundamental process control tests at an engineering workstation, as well as any proposed adjustments before they are applied on the live plant.
Instrumentation and Equipment Productivity
Minimize the need for breakdown and preventative maintenance, reduce OPEX through advanced online monitoring and prediction of field device health, and process interface conditions that reduce unnecessary trips.
Highly intelligent devices, such as pumps, flowmeters, transmitters, and chemical analyzers provide total insight into their ongoing performance as well as the ability to adapt to changing duty requirements throughout the measurement device lifecycle.
Plant Process Optimization
Online and offline high-fidelity models for non-linear performance monitoring, simulation, and optimization using first principle kinetics deliver optimized yield performance, flow assurance, energy efficiency improvement, enhanced reliability and operator capability assurance.
Watch the film by KBC who are supporting their clients in their efforts to address climate change and sustainability.
Watch this on-demand webinar to learn how digital twin technologies are moving process industries towards autonomous operations.
This webinar talks through a case study of how a client is using a remote operations center for their onshore oil field and how people, technology and processes need to be integrated to make it a success.
Watch this webinar and learn how value chain optimization can improve profitability, enhance capital efficiency, and reinforce license to operate.
Learn how to more efficiently match supply to demand through the digital twin.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?Contact Us