Maturing drum temperature monitoring
- Replacement of gauge temperature sensor
- 150 seconds per revolution
- Each batch process takes about four hours
- Temperature is monitored to maintain consistency of the viscous fiber entering the drum.
- Existing system requires manual temperature readings.
- Wired temperature measurement is not available because the tank is rotating.
Wireless temperature measurement
- Gateway x1, transmitter (YTA) x1 at measuring point on the maturing drum
- Repeater x2 at fixed locations pointing in different directions (for redundancy)
- High quality wireless communication was confirmed.The PER (packet error rate) was 0%.
- The installation locations of the repeaters must be carefully chosen because the radio signal path changes dynamically as the transmitter rotates.
- On-line temperature measurement.
- Stable measurement of rotating tank.
- Robust communication with lower packet error rates.
Yokogawa has been serving the bulk chemical market globally and is the recognized leader in this market. With products, solutions, and industry expertise, Yokogawa understands your market and production needs and will work with you to provide a reliable, and cost effective solution through the lifecycle of your plant.
Chemical plants rely on continuous and batch production processes, each posing different requirements for a control system. A continuous process calls for a robust and stable control system that will not fail and cause the shutdown of a production line, whereas the emphasis with a batch process is on having a control system that allows great flexibility in making adjustments to formulas, procedures, and the like. Both kinds of systems need to be managed in available quality history of product, and to be able to execute non-routine operations. With its extensive product portfolio, experienced systems engineers, and global sales and service network, Yokogawa has a solution for every plant process.
Petrochemical companies’ needs are extremely diverse. To come out ahead in today’s highly competitive marketplace, producers are striving to improve quality and productivity. Yokogawa provides tailor-made solutions for these needs based on its long and wide-ranging experience in this field.
YFGW710 Field Wireless Integrated Gateway comply to the wireless communications standard ISA100.11a for industrial automation of International Society of Automation (ISA), and relays ISA100 Device data to the system via integrated backbone router. Single unit of YFGW710 has integrated functions of backbone router, system manager, security manage, and gateway.
The high performance temperature transmitter YTA510 accepts Thermocouple, RTD, ohms or DC mill volt inputs. The transmitters transmit not only process variables but also the setting parameters using wireless signal. The transmitters run on internal batteries, and the installation cost can be decreased since hard-wiring is not required. The communication is based on ISA100.11a protocol specifications.
The flexibility of wireless solutions enables less investment in infrastructure while providing greater insights into plant operations.
Contact a Yokogawa Expert to learn how we can help you solve your challenges.